Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Virginia, did you go out with your family last night? What did you eat?

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #32
      Ann, I did go. We went to a sports tavern, but it was quite because they did not have any ball games on at that time. I had "Hefty Nachos". I mostly eat the top with the cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and some of the meat. I ate just a few of the nachos.

      Waiting to hear that you are eating more. I'll be glad when you see the Doctor again.

      It was close to 70 or maybe higher today. Now tomorrow it is not to get out of the 40s and I have to go out to the Dentist. My appointment was on the 19th but they called this afternoon and moved it up until tomorrow. I wish now I had not because I will likely be tired tomorrow.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #33
        Yes, ANN. What did YOU eat?
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #34
          9 am appt with GYN today to rule out bladder infection. She will start me on a med. Grow out specimens for a couple of days to see what antibiotics would be most effective and then change to that. Likely.

          Comment


            #35
            Hello Sunshine. You are up early. Maybe to pee. I hope you get this and the spasms under control.

            ANN
            Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-04-2018, 06:22 AM.
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #36
              Sample was clear. They will grow it out at lab to be sure. RN asking doc if she wants to Rx antibiotic until results back just in case. Hope so. Should get call by noon re meds or not.

              Comment


                #37
                I wake up alert at 2:30 and lie in bed until 4am . Thus has been going on since the huge spasms and increase Baclofen
                I don’t feel sleepy during the day......

                Comment


                  #38
                  Okay, Back from GYN appointment. Was pleased to be able to drive the 25 minutes in the rain, no less. Walked the 35 steps to her building. Walked the ten steps to eh exam room. Walked a few more steps to bathroom to get sample. Was able to stand up for about 45” to do the necessary getting of stuff in the bathroom. Had to re read the instructions on the wall about 7 feet away because Baclofen makes STM poor. Read it three times, and then could do it. Success!

                  After visit, I imposed on a 60 something male to carry my heavy back pack to the car, so as to not stress the shin muscles walking back to the car. Very nice of him. He likes being Sir Galahad likely. And, I am a babe (not).

                  Got home and felt very successful at being brave to do this.

                  She started Keflex and sent the sample out to see if it grows anything. If not, d/c Keflex.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Sunshine, I hope you start to feel better soon. You must have been having symptoms to make you think you had UTI. I am also pleased that you could drive the 25 minutes in the rain, and also take the steps that you did.

                    Yes, you were very brave to do this with all that you have had going on.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Cat, Sunshine, ANN...All of you seem to be making some progress and for that I am grateful.

                      Went to Cardiologist today on referral visit. Yes, I have two leaky heart valves and a thickening of the left ventricle due to chronic hypertension but he was very affirming of my diet and exercise routines. Trying me on sublingual nitroglycerin prior to treadmill or walking to see if we can minimize the shortness of breath and occasional chest pain that has been happening the last few months. I really liked him a LOT! He says he is pretty convinced I do not have any coronary artery blockages but suspects the pressures in my heart are not normal and that could be found out by doing a cardiac cath. BUT...he says he needs to really have a good reason other than curiosity to do one. I also liked that.

                      I received an invitation from the Research department at Duke University today telling me that I had been selected to be part of a think tank that will meet in DC late January to review and make changes to the CDC and NIH analysis and dissemination of clinical trial data and selection of projects to be funded for research. Initially they wanted me to pay transport and hotel room but when they found out I was not working (really? It kinda feels like I am) and on Social Security, they offered to pay airfare and one night in the hotel. I suggested they pay for two nights and let me use my sky miles to get to and from. Should hear back from them in the morning. It is amazing and humbling to me how many offers are coming out of seemingly nowhere as a result of talks I have given or committees on which I have served. Here I am at 66 doing more than I have since 1995 and loving it and feeling overall way better.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Congratulations on the new non-job job, Cherie. Sounds very interesting.

                        I had a cardiac cath for “ischemia or artifact.” They did not tell me that it might be artifact, which it was.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Cherie, I'm right behind you, turning 65 in a few more days. How did I get this old?
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #43
                            My EKGs always seem to have artifact and there is a familial ST elongation that in some folks is indicative of a problem but never has been in my Dad or two sisters or one brother or me. I love that this guy is being responsible and cautious about what is ordered, and why and what it will do to change the outcome for the better. He told me that (my nephrologist who is treating my hypertension) had told him I was a "joyful conundrum" because my case and care were complicated but I was a wonderful historian who would help make sense of the puzzle. That is affirmation.

                            Howie, Happy almost birthday.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Cherie, sounds like an exciting new job for you. I am sure you are being asked to do all these things because of your expertise in many areas and your experience.

                              Does sound like you found yourself a good Cardiologist who is willing to listen and to think things through.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Howie View Post
                                Cherie, I'm right behind you, turning 65 in a few more days. How did I get this old?
                                "Old"??? 65 isn't old, young man.

                                Kiddo.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X