Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2019: Keep on moving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Good advice virginia.
    And now that another UTI has been diagnosed, I will def follow it. Wednesday is IVIG and Thursday is Urogram, so those days were days off swimming anyway....I will wait a long time until I know I am whole before aiming for 22 minutes.

    Comment


      #77
      Today I swam 666 yards in 20 minutes, in the light rain and 62F air. Since tomorrow is IVIG and Thursday is the urogram, no swim for me. Just as well ; Those mornings are going to be chilly.

      Comment


        #78
        Good swimming time Sunshine. Glad you will not be feeling you are missing out quite as much since the mornings are going to be chilly for a couple of days.

        Today I dusted the whole downstairs and I did my leg and arm exercises, but only one time. Agate, I don't know how long it takes you, but my exercises take me probably about 50 minutes. It is too much to do it twice a day. I know you do, but I would be exercising over 1 1/2 hours a day. There wouldn't be any time left for reading.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #79
          Sunshine, try to swim one yard more. You have hit 666 yards several times. 666 is the anti-Christ's number. Bible stuff, but it does bother me. Work on it.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Virginia View Post
            Good swimming time Sunshine. Glad you will not be feeling you are missing out quite as much since the mornings are going to be chilly for a couple of days.

            Today I dusted the whole downstairs and I did my leg and arm exercises, but only one time. Agate, I don't know how long it takes you, but my exercises take me probably about 50 minutes. It is too much to do it twice a day. I know you do, but I would be exercising over 1 1/2 hours a day. There wouldn't be any time left for reading.
            Shudder! For many years I watched an exercise program or played a video of it for half an hour a day but nowadays I don't even do that, I'm embarrassed to say. I have to put in eyedrops twice a day and have to keep my eyes shut for a minute each time. While I'm counting out my minute, I do some of the exercises (twice a day. The other exercises take up about 15 minutes a day, not counting the walking.

            So you're way ahead! I agree that having time for reading is important.

            Today was such a nice day that I went outside with my rollator and actually got out into the neighborhood for a brief time. I've put in 1257 steps already and the day isn't over.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #81
              Already going outside and it isn't even quite spring. Good for you Agate!
              Virginia

              Comment


                #82
                Today I walked around Tractor Supply Store and an Aldi’s.

                Four days of out of the house activity in a row.

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #83
                  ANN, those are big stores, aren't they? Walking around one of those big stores is an impressive amount of walking!
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Ann, lots of walking and lots of doing for past 4 days.

                    Today I ironed 3 blouses and 2 pair of jeans. Ironing, for right now, is caught up. I also vacuumed the downstairs. Had planned to do my exercises, but time was taken up with men from the propane gas company. Laura, the lady who helps me and I smelled gas coming from my fireplace. They came and fixed a leak.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Glad you caught that leak, Virginia.

                      All my exercise is store walking and lifting things into and out of carts and putting them away here at Mom’s. I’m looking forward to Monday, alone on my couch w the cats in my own living room.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        #86
                        I understand the feeling Ann. No matter how much you love someone, that old saying of there is no place like home is so true.

                        I didn't do much today. I went to Precision Tune to have my car inspected. It has to be renewed every year and mine was up this month. I had to wait 2 hours, so I took my phone out and placed an overdue phone call to my older brother in S.C. We talked for an hour or a little more. He is doing well and hopes to play 9 holes of golf next week. He has been in hospital several times and very sick, but he says he is coming back. He is doing physical therapy and he is a very positive person. After that I stopped and picked up food for tonight, then came home and renewed my vehicle on line for another year. SO glad there is internet. It was so easy. No running to P.O. or DMV office. Took between 5 and 10 minutes.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Air was 58 and water 83. I swam 21 minutes today, 666 yards and did fine afterwards, luckily.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Great going Sunshine.

                            Another day of no exercise for me. I went to get nails done, then to Whole Foods where I picked up a few things I needed and went through hot bar for food for tonight. After I had eaten tonight and gave my shot, washed my face, etc I came on Computer to check e-mail. I had no internet and further looking found that I had no phone. I crawled under computer hutch and unplugged every cord going to my power surge strip. Still not able to get anything. Finally, I called my provider on my cell phone and they told me I had been without service for 21 hours. All it took, after much going around was unplugging from the wall instead of the power surge and repluging in and everything came back up. Just got through checking e-mail and came on here.

                            So, after all that the walking I did in Whole Foods and the crawling under my computer hutch is my exercise for the day.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Virginia, I dread computer problems because they so often mean I have to buzz around pulling cords and reaching into hard-to-reach places, and often in a hurry while some tech person is waiting on the phone.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Walking and crawling under the hutch definitely counts as exercise, Virginia!

                                I did Walmart and a small grocery, on Friday.

                                And I totally ran out of energy and Peter had to cook.
                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X