Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2019: Keep on moving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Virginia, or anyone who knows. I have a NP. Is it alright to call her "doc"? I always called my old doctor "doc". I know she is a NP, but she's MY doc.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      I was introduced today Howie and she just said Sarah, so I call her Sarah. Also the man NP that I saw in my Neurologist office goes by his first name of Harry.
      Virginia

      Comment


        When I see her in May, my next appointment, I'll just ask her what I should call her.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          Asking her sounds like a good idea. The NPs and PAs I've had have usually introduced themselves by their first names, and I went with that.

          However, I always called my PCP "doctor" even though some of her staff seemed to think it was OK to call her by her first name but I never could bring myself to think of her as "Paula."

          For instance, if I was talking to an assistant there, she might say, "Have you seen Paula yet?"

          The first time I heard this, I had to stop and think, "Who's Paula?" before I realized she meant the doctor. So maybe some MDs want to be called by their first names but I just can't seem to get with the program.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            I am a PA. Many patients called me “Doc” no matter how many times I corrected them. I had a name tag clearing stating my name with the initials RN, PA-C followed by my department. That’d The best I could do. They all knew I was not a physician.

            The thing that surprised me was there was no one in my career who refused to see me. I mean you’d think there would be.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              I'll see you next week doc!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                Today I swam 666 yards, 20 minutes. Tried to walk more with the rollator. To prevent leg atrophy. Its hard, painful, but doing it as much as possible.

                No swim tomorrow. i have an early appt to help me with the swallow problem.

                Comment


                  Good luck tomorrow Sunshine!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    You did great today Sunshine. I hope you have a good appointment tomorrow.

                    I really was quite lazy today. I stayed in bed until 12noon. As I started to bed last night about 12:30 I realized that I had not given my shot. I had taken it out of fridge, but I had forgot to give it. I stood in the middle of bedroom trying to decide if I should just put it back in the fridge and let it go until tonight and then I thought "just go do it". So it was about 1AM when I gave the shot and then had to do a few other things to prepare for bed. Anyway, I should not stay in bed as late as I did today, but I just felt tired.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Been swimming every day. Today was 20 minutes, 666 yards.

                      Comment


                        Step counts:

                        3/25/19 - 1248 steps
                        3/26/19 - 1000 "
                        3/27/19 - 1280 "
                        3/28/19 - 1385 "
                        3/29/19 - 1105 "
                        3/30/19 - 1138 "
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Keep swimming Sunshine - that is great!

                          Step count is really good Agate - well over 1000 steps per day, and I think that is the goal you set to keep up.
                          Virginia

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X