Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Chit Chat Check In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Virginia, I think that the turkey is just for decoration, maybe because of the fall colors. No one would want to eat that poor turkey!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      Sam would.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        There's no such thing as a vegetarian cat as I understand it. They have to have meat to survive. The fancy name for this type of animal is an "obligate carnivore."

        Humans on the other hand aren't obligate carnivores. Some of us would want a vegetarian Thanksgiving but recognize that that isn't what many people have in mind.

        What would Thanksgiving be without the turkey? And the stuffing?

        It could be stuffed peppers, stuffed potatoes, stuffed squash....
        Last edited by agate; 11-27-2019, 01:02 PM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          I have to put my two cents in and say UGGH to stuffed peppers, stuffed potatoes, stuffed squash for Thanksgiving. When my Mother was doing the cooking we always had Turkey and the best dressing you ever tasted, sweet potato casserole, green peas and even biscuits (oh, how she could make biscuits) and we were not fat.

          My Mother in law also cooked a very big meal for Thanksgiving and Christmas with much the same foods except that she also added fried okra. We always had gravy to go on our turkey and dressing. My Mother-in-law use to put green beans up in a jar when they were fresh and we would have them when we went there in the winter. All of my husband's family were slender. I saw a picture of his Mother and Father recently and all seven of their kids. I remember when the picture was taken. They were a good looking family. His two siblings that are still living are still slender. I don't get to see them, but I have seen many pictures of them on FB. At least one thing that FB is good for.
          Virginia

          Comment


            Thanksgiving greeting from the MSAA:

            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              A hotdog for Thanksgiving? I'll just stick with turkey.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                No stuffed pepper, stuffed potato, or stuffed squash for Virginia!


                No hot dogs for Howie!

                Very traditional folks here...
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  I'd like to have the puppy in that picture, but not to eat him, just love on him. Sam wouldn't let Howie do that and anyway Howie is a Cat man.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    Sam says you're right about that!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by agate View Post
                      No stuffed pepper, stuffed potato, or stuffed squash for Virginia!


                      No hot dogs for Howie!

                      Very traditional folks here...
                      Spanakopita, stuffed Italian shells, wild mushroom soup, homemade Italian bread, roasted carrots, parsnip pie, homemade cranberry sauce, corn fritters, watermelon and feta salad.....endless ideas from this vegetarian.
                      Linda~~~~

                      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                      Comment


                        My nephew just brought me lots of food which I'll eat shortly. We sat and talked for awhile, which was nice. He said he will do the same thing at Christmas. A nice visit.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          Howie, so glad you are having a nice Thanksgiving meal. I imagine it might have come by him from your Sister's. Either way that is great.

                          I am also having one. My youngest brother called and "insisted" on bringing me food. They had 14 of my SILs family today. He brought turkey, dressing, honey baked ham, green beans, sweet potato casserole, two different kinds of cranberry sauce, a Fall salad with the little noodles, cabbage, and sunflower seeds. There is also some sweet potatoes that I don't know what to call them but they are cut in little rounds with a little cinnamon and they are a little hard and very good. He brought about 5 different kinds of desert. I ate all of the salad and tasted everything else and 3/4 of a pumpkin pie.

                          This SIL is the best cook in the family. She likes to entertain and has learned how to cook. It was so nice of her and my brother to do this. Feeling grateful.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            Every family need someone who likes to cook and likes to entertain.

                            Howie, I hope Sam is aware of the arrival of the food. In case she doesn't mention it, she might appreciate a handout or two.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Virginia, actually, it came from his wife. My sister and BIL just went out to eat. She says she just isn't up to all that cooking after years of doing it, and she was ready to pass it on to the younger generation. I still haven't eaten, but think I'm ready now, and I KNOW Sam is.
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                I baked a great little pork loin roast with all the goodies to go with it...……...but..... neither of my cats would even taste it :(

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X