Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Chit Chat Check In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ann, sounds like MIL was a bundle of energy. That does not surprise me. The way she still likes to go to different grocery stores and have lunch out I kind of figured her to be like that. That is great that she still can do it.

    Linda, in our years of living away from family we had some Holidays just like you described and then there were others that we celebrated with friends we had met. I think the being together and not feeling any pressure of any kind is nice.
    Virginia

    Comment


      Hello all. Today is the last day of November. Then a new year starts at the end of next month. Time marches on.

      I have been having a lot of pain the last few months. My right shoulder. I have been taking high doses of Ibuprofen which keeps it to a dull roar. But there are days lately I have taken twice the recommended does, which is tough on you liver, and still hurt.

      Well today, I took Ibuprofen at like 5 am thinking it might allow me to sleep a little longer. Well, I slept until 10, and woke up with no pain. It's going on 2pm, and I still have no pain, so haven't taken any more Ibuprofen.

      Why it's been like this I have no idea, but it sure has been nice.

      It's been raining here all day, and there's been nothing on TV, so I've just been on the computer. I spend most of my computer time on You Tube.

      Everyone have a great day!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Getting rid of a pain is so nice--sometimes getting a lot of sleep does wonders.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          :) Andy did bring a lot of food. I ate a plate about 3 PM and a smaller one in the evening. Andy bought a pumpkin pie when he grocery shopped for me. I ate a piece of that too.

          I only did 5 cards so far and feel like napping. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            Howie, taking that much ibuprofen really could be dangerous. Have you spoken to your Doctor about this pain? Could it be neuralgia? I have a brother who has pain in one of his shoulders. I will ask him about what has been said to him by his Doctor. He has been hurting for quite awhile. At one time his son got him some CBD lotion to rub on it, but he said it didn't do anything for him. He doesn't take much medicine, so it is difficult as it is for you. I wish this little bit of relief you are having would last.

            It is cloudy and raining some here today, but I bet tomorrow is the day when most of the rain will hit us, or it might start heavier later today.
            Virginia

            Comment


              Jeanie, as Agate mentioned sleep is restorative, so if you feel like napping then maybe you should do that.

              I am having a harder time getting around today and I think it is because I exercised two days in a row quite a bit. I think I will lay off today and just mostly read. I have started a book that was recommended on here. The last four nights I watched Season 3 of The Crown on Netflix. I got hooked on it last year and binge watched the first two seasons over several days. I love history and things like this.

              Oops! just glanced at the clock on the computer and it is almost 3PM and I haven't had lunch. I will go eat my yogurt and small piece of Dove chocolate now.
              Virginia

              Comment


                How could you forget the chocolate?

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  But there are days lately I have taken twice the recommended does, which is tough on you liver, and still hurt.
                  Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs rarely affect the liver. Unlike acetaminophen (Tylenol), most NSAIDs are absorbed completely and undergo negligible liver metabolism.

                  In other words, the way NSAIDs are metabolized makes liver injury ( hepatotoxicity) very rare. Estimates are that 1 to 9 in 100,000 NSAID prescriptions result in acute liver injury. Generally, NSAIDs are very liver-safe.
                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  Glad your pain is gone!
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                  Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                  Comment


                    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                    Ibuprofen can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. It can also cause ulcers, bleeding, and holes in the stomach or intestines:

                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                    It's a "boxed warning," which means these side effects are serious.

                    Tylenol is also very hard on kidneys.

                    I strongly doubt that any pain medication exists, which doesn't have adverse side effects, and probably most of them will affect one of our organs.

                    Howie, if your pain returns, you might want to visit your doctor to determine the cause of the pain.

                    Love & Light,



                    Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      Thanks SuzE-Q and Rose. I feel better about using it now. I have arthritis in my lower back, and my shoulder is, and the doctor had a name for it, but one of the bones is displaced from a fall I had. It can be repaired with surgery, but no thanks.

                      I did take Ibuprofen again around 5, but this has been the most pain free day I can remember.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Howie, just take it with food to help protect your stomach.
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                        Comment


                          Beer is considered a food, isn't it?
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Howie View Post
                            Beer is considered a food, isn't it?
                            Okay.

                            NO!



                            Love & Light,



                            Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                            Comment


                              Had a lovely Thanksgiving. Our daughter-in-law and Everett came up on the train on Wednesday. Everett enjoyed the train ride and even got to meet a bomb sniffing dog, Gigi and his police handler, Matt, who gave him a special sticker. A bit unnerving to have a working, on duty, bomb sniffing dog on board, but necessary because of all the holiday traffic and the ever-present possibility of a terrorist attack. Son drove up Thanksgiving morning.

                              We were not allowed in the kitchen, the kids did everything while I played with Everett and DH chatted with the cooking parents. My son loves to cook and his wife loves to bake. He set to work on the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and green beans, while she made an apple cranberry pie and made the gravy (her first time making gravy). Everything was great, so we had the entire meal again last night as leftovers! I think it was the best tasting and the most tender turkey I've ever eaten and the pie was fabulous too! My son simply put a lemon and an orange (each cut in half) inside the turkey cavity, picked some rosemary growing in the front yard, washed it and slipped sprigs under the skin of the turkey in several places, brushed canola oil on the skin, then baked it. That turkey was picture perfect and oh so yummy and tender. I don't know where these cooking talents came from but I know it wasn't from me or his father!

                              I certainly learned that Everett loves Hawaiian sweet rolls, green beans (fresh only, not canned) and peas. Yesterday he ate two bowls full of peas and even wanted more. When asked if he wanted eggs for breakfast, he said he wanted peas! How weird is that!!! We convinced him to have a scrambled egg too. He ate 2 eggs, another bowl of peas, a Hawaiian roll, half an apple and milk. I see a growing spurt coming on!

                              The best part of the whole weekend was spending time with our little man. Grandkids are the best at pumping life back into this old gal.
                              It was hard saying goodbye but they will be back at Christmas.
                              Here are a few pics from the weekend.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                This is such good news, nuthatch--and such nice photos! Good for Everett with his liking for peas. I can understand liking peas--they're cute and they roll around nicely.

                                Old verse comes to mind:

                                I eat my peas with honey,
                                I've done it all my life.
                                It might taste kind of funny
                                But it keeps them on my knife.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X