Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Chit Chat Check In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Holy Mackerel Renee— what a cluster of bad luck. So glad you survived it, on to the next medical mystery train...keep us inform and if you would...

    Comment


      #62
      renee, good luck with the surgery tomorrow. My son has had two kidney stone surgeries--no fun but he came through without any complications.

      Just a note about the Politics blog: I tinkered with the settings a bit, and now anyone who is registered here can view it or comment on it--except for guests (unregistered people) and anyone on my Ignore list.

      Thanks to everyone who replied to the PM about this. The feedback was favorable, and so the change is now in effect.
      Last edited by agate; 11-12-2019, 11:21 AM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #63
        Thanks Agate!

        My day: I did two loads of wash and have put clean sheets on bed. Will do blankets later. I also dusted my bedroom and my office. Laura did the front part of the house yesterday.

        A lot of time was taken up placing an Instacart order. Things just hung up about half way through on their end. I had ordered frozen soup vegetables and she couldn't find them so she brought me two cans of Campbell's Junky Vegetable Soup. I will try this soup and get some soup vegetables next time I am out. She also left one item off. I was charged for a cleaning item which I did not get $2.89. It is fine. I was so glad to see her rather than the man I got one time. She told me she was new at this and was trying to make some extra money because her daughter is getting married. I upped her tip. I did not mention the cleaning item she left off. Actually, she left so quick I didn't realize it until later.

        Will sit by the fire and read tonight. Hope everyone is comfortable.

        Renee, good luck tomorrow!

        I don't know when I have eaten any canned soup. I bought a can of Annie's Vegetable Soup quite awhile ago and it is still in my pantry. However, I might just have some tonight. I have plenty of other food, but it has rained all day here and it is cold so soup just sounds good. I would love to have made some of Ann's green bean soup, but I really don't want anyone picking out things like that. I had rather wait and do that myself.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #64
          Virginia, here’s the NYTs recipe I use:

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          And in the Cooking with Cat thread on this page:

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          Enjoy,
          ANN
          Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-13-2019, 04:58 AM. Reason: Added 2nd link
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #65
            No meat? I would have to throw Sam in the mix, but that would be some tough meat!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #66
              Sam says you better quit talking like that, Howie!

              Comment


                #67
                That is one mean looking Cat Howie, I would be careful how I talked if I were you. Sam will get ideas.

                Ann, thanks but I can't get on unless I subscribe. However, I feel sure it was the one you gave us on Cat's Lazy Cooking thread last year and I have it printed out and in my cookbook. I think I liked it, but had a problem making it because my hands would not press the garlic presser and I had to cut all that garlic up. I plan to make it anyway when I get to the store.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #68
                  Ann, found recipe on Cats cooking thread.
                  So I have the right one. I had copied it and put in my cookbook.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Howie, you can make one with leftover ham, potatoes and greenbeans.

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Do you have the post number or link on the lazy cooking thread? Its 71 pages long; am interested in the soup you are talking about.

                      Keep stock or broth in the house in those cartons. I like Swanson unsalted.
                      Sauté onion, carrots, celery, garlic , add the stock and simmer it with whatever else you have on hand. Add grated Parmesan cheese toward end if you have some.

                      Add salt to taste, pepper to taste, any spice you like, etc.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Sunshine, the second link Ann gave above is to Cat’s thread. I think it is about page 53 in the thread.

                        I have potato soup on cooking now. It is in crockpot.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #72
                          I am thinking of Ssusan and Renee.

                          Today I braved the cold to walk to a hair appointment and back. Tomorrow I have an MRA followed by a vascular surgeon visit as follow up for extra, tiny renal artery with an aneurysm on it. I hope they spread my appointments out to yearly after this.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Remember when I posted about the delicious Moon Drops grapes I was given awhile ago? Well, last week my hubby made a trip to Trader Joes to pick up a few things. Later that afternoon he brought me a little bowl of lovely green grapes to snack on. I didn't think anything of it when he hung around chatting. He was actually waiting for my reaction when I put one of those lovely grapes in my mouth . . . an unexpected cotton candy flavor! Yes, Trader Joes had some grapes from that same grower that sells the Moon Drops. And they DO actually taste like cotton candy!

                            DH always serves little extra surprises in green salads, like cashews, walnuts or other nuts, raisins, dried cranberries ect., fresh fruit like grapes or blueberries, in addition to the usual cucumber, bell or sweet peppers, tomato, croutons. He also knows that I like red wine vinegar salad dressing.
                            He slipped a few cotton candy grapes in my salad the other night, and even though they had dressing on them, the cotton candy taste was very obvious!

                            Now I want to try the other grape offerings, like gum drops or flavor pops!
                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Been wondering why we haven’t heard from Susan myself.

                              Ann, too many appointments too close. You’ve had a lot this year.

                              It’s too cold to get out here. Hope your MRA will go well. Keep us informed.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Ssusan must be very tired out if today was her infusion.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X