Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Chit Chat Check In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Ouch Jeanie. Sorry about that. I hope rest brings back some strength.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #47
      You do get a certain amount based on what is usual for your diagnosis and then, when those are coming to an end, the PT requests more visits from the insurer.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #48
        Ann, uuugh... you looking at snow? A little west of you, NOAA is predicting 5 " of snow.
        My thoughts of moving to Minneapolis are long gone.
        Last edited by renee; 11-09-2019, 06:50 PM. Reason: Duh

        Comment


          #49
          Hi Renee! How are you and what are you and the cat up to??

          No snow tonight in the city but maybe Tuesday. It’s going to be in the 50’s tomorrow after this cold night. It’s 27 now.

          Love and chocolate - your favorite kind.
          ANN
          Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-09-2019, 07:16 PM. Reason: Turned the cat into a car and back again
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #50
            Hi Renee, how are things going with you and your cat? We are always saying we wish we could hear from you.

            Did you plant a garden this summer? How about traveling any, were you able to at least make it to the beach?

            Would love to see more of you if you feel like it and have some extra time.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #51
              Hi my Peeps. It has been a roller coaster 6 months. The most recent cat, Pumpkin the Pisser or Pumpkin the Destroyer (formerly feral with dx of feline leukemia) is an excellent roommate- in sickness and health. She's just fine.
              I took the funny, funky trip Atlantic City solo, lucked out on an abundance of free concert and dance tickets during the summer. No garden- not until wherever there is a raised bed has available parking for a crip mobile.
              I lined up two family escorts for the round trip flight to London on 11/13 but docs tossed me in the hospital 10/10 for two weeks with sepsis, a kidney infection and stones the size of the Hope diamond. (My first fentanyl experience- OMG!)
              Hospitalization happened too fast to get flight insurance. Been hiding out movie binging... with a tube stuck in my right kidney. What a fab fashion statement.
              Surgery on 11/13, no party.
              Po'd but there is consolation knowing the ticket was covered by travel rewards.
              Gotta rise like an eagle, a phoenix or hot air.

              Comment


                #52
                Darn Renee, life is just not fair and sometimes it is less fair than others. This is one of those times. Sorry about the London trip, but even sorrier about the kidney surgery. That is just around the corner. I am hoping all goes well. Maybe you will at least get a few “hunks” in the round of Doctors you will see.😀. I guess you have to hope for any little thing in these situations. Maybe some will have a sense of humor. That can be a plus if they are also good at what they do.

                I do hope your trip to London can be pulled off at a later date.

                Sounds like Pumpkin is a good companion. Ann has two feral cats. We’re not sure about Howie’s. I think she just showed up one day and took over. I am not sure how many years that has been.

                Sure hope all goes well on the 13th. Try to let us know how you are.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #53
                  You know, without getting the vet papers out, I think she is about 12. Someone just brought her by because folks around here know I'm a "cat man". I immediately took her to the vet to be checked, scheduled the "big operation" and we have been together ever since. She will be my last cat.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Thanks Virginia, I'll keep working on an adventure.
                    There are some good looking man boys... but I'm smitten with one soft spoken pecialist my age who has a wry sense of humor. Always went for the slightly nerdy, a little geeky guys.
                    Having little crushes at ANY age is a wonderful thing. Smiley here.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      It's amore with you two, Howie. You cannot beat destiny.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Just read something that should interest Ann. An emu ran away from home in Durham, N.C. because the other emus were bullying him. He stayed on the lam for between 2 and 3 weeks, but started being sighted so many times that social media accounts got him caught. He is home now with his owner who says he is a little beat up from living in the wild, but a full recovery is expected.

                        I wonder how many emus this person has.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                          Just read something that should interest Ann. An emu ran away from home in Durham, N.C. because the other emus were bullying him. He stayed on the lam for between 2 and 3 weeks, but started being sighted so many times that social media accounts got him caught. He is home now with his owner who says he is a little beat up from living in the wild, but a full recovery is expected.

                          I wonder how many emus this person has.
                          The world gets stranger all the time. Someone in my neighborhood has notified people that their pet ferret has escaped, and so I'll be on the lookout for it, but now it seems there might be an emu or two out there on the loose as well.

                          renee, what a rotten turn of events for you. I hope your surgery will go well, and that the doctor of your choice will be hovering around you and keeping everything ticking away so that you can go home and replan your trip.
                          Last edited by agate; 11-11-2019, 07:33 AM. Reason: typo
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            ((((((Hugs to All))))))~

                            renee ~

                            Many healing prayers and positive energy on the way for you. We'll be thinking of you on the 13th. Stay strong and keep that keen sense of humor. That and Fentanyl will help tremendously.

                            Love & Light,



                            Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Best wishes, in love and health, Renee.

                              I am thinking that emus should not be in cages nor in North Carolina. I had to look up their natural habitat: Australia. Emus need a mate, like the rest of us. Maybe the escapee was the odd man out.

                              ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                #60
                                :) Praying for you Renee. We are going to have one night this week go down to 69 degrees. Our first cold snap. Back in the 80's with high humidity during the day. Jeanie :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X