Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Chit Chat Check In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I didn't turn my lights on outside for Halloween either Jeanie. I have not had any trick or treaters in a number of years so I had my own candy that I could give out just in case, but all was quite.

    I have a UTI which is giving me problems, so I am not a happy camper right now.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #17
      Hope you can contact a doctor about the UTI and get whatever med is needed, Virginia. Better not to let it "settle in."
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #18
        I am going to tell y'all about my evening last night. This is kind of funny, however Howie needs to cover his ears. He gets such an education on here.

        I bought some AZO for UTI and there were several different kinds. I didn't know what kind to get since I have never bought it before. I only remember it from when I was very young and the Doctor would prescribe it and everything it touched would turn a yellow or orange color. So after looking over all the choices and getting thoroughly confused I settled on AZO Urinary Tract Defense Antibacterial Protection. It says take two 3 times a day, but since I was not at home yesterday I didn't get to take two until 7:30PM. I had been and continued to force water during the evening.

        So, later in the evening I stood up and all of a sudden water started flowing. I didn't know it was going to happen. Fortunately, I had changed out of my good street clothes and settled into my comfy night things. I do not need to wear a thick pad, but I do wear a thin panty liner. I of course rushed to change panties and liner. I put two of the little panty liners in. The second time I stood up the same thing happened and two didn't begin to help. I finally started putting tissue paper rolled over and over on top of the liners. Each time I was changing my panties also. It kept on and got very old and I was getting tired before it let up. I didn't go to bed until later and I put two thick towels folded over underneath me, however it was not necessary by that time I went back to my usual every two hours.

        So, what would happen if someone took 6 a day of these pills when I only took two? By the way, I did have a headache after it had gone on quite awhile. I was beginning to feel a little anxious about it and decided not to take any today. Oddly enough there wasn't any orange or yellow color that showed up on my underclothes. I can see where this might could flush some of the bacteria.

        Today I have felt washed out and of course tired which is not unusual. Thursday is Doctor and if things get worse tomorrow I will call and try to go in and give a urine sample. I just don't want to have to dress to go to the Doctor two days in a row.

        This reminded me of Ann's Mom, and I thought this is awful. Ann, I hope you are very sympathetic when this happens with her. It is not fun.

        Okay, Howie you can take your hands away from your eyes now and come back on.
        Last edited by Virginia; 11-05-2019, 04:31 PM.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #19
          What happened? I had my eyes covered, and couldn't see a thing!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #20
            Virginia, it sounds as if you think the AZO might have caused your problem. I wonder if it's mainly that you'd been forcing fluids? I've taken AZO many times without noticing that effect but of course everyone is different.

            It must have been a very unpleasant nuisance--I hope it won't be repeated.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #21
              Virginia,
              Something very strange indeed— please get seen today. And insist on a urine culture...and maybe a referral to a urologist depending on how things proceed.

              Its as though your sphincter stopped working and the urine just freeflowed from your bladder...

              IVIG all day today...
              Last edited by Sunshine; 11-06-2019, 01:33 AM.

              Comment


                #22
                Sunshine, I wish you a good infusion with great results.

                Virginia, I hope you feel better soon.

                I met my friend Ann at the Isabelle Stewart Gardner Museum on Monday for lunch. She was supposed to pick me up. For the second time she forgot. She has a mobile phone but does not receive texts and had the phone turned off. I wasn’t able to call her. Eventually she went back to her car and got her list of phone numbers and called me. I took an Uber there. She apologized over and over. I wonder if she is aware of her memory problem. She hesitated when I asked the make of her car and then said Lexus. It is a Toyota. It’s sad to watch this. She is 76.

                The Gardner is a mansion built around a court yard. The day we were there they had music in the courtyard. Here’s how it worked: a singer would approach someone and ask if they could gift them with a song. The recipient was seated in the courtyard surrounded with gorgeous plantings and flowers from the greenhouse. The singer put on a fancy kimono and sang an aria directly to that person. It was powerful and moving. We saw it happen seven or eight times. It was the highlight of the day. I may become an opera lover now. I’m starting with Kathleen Battle.

                Virginia, my lunch was not good. Do not try chickpea fries w red pepper aioli.

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  I had a doctor visit today. I gave blood and everything, and all is good. And my BP which I have to take meds for was low. The BP meds she has me on are doing a good job. So I got a clean bill of health!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #24
                    So glad to hear this Howie. Just keep on doing the same thing.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                      Howie ~

                      This is great news! Notice the silence ... no cackling hens!

                      Hey Everybody ~

                      David Hosobushi posted in the Feedback Forum about upcoming changes to BrainTalk!

                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                      Check it out, and contribute your 2 cents to the remaking of our community. I actually had less than 2 cents to offer. But, I'll bet that all of you have a bucketful of cents to contribute. This is our opportunity to share our thoughts, ideas, desires, wishes, etc.

                      Keeping you all in my prayers and always sending you healing energy ~

                      Love & Light,



                      Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Don't worry we will find something to cackle about with Howie - poor Howie! Although he knows it is only because we worry about him.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Sunshine hasn’t checked in since she got home from IVIG. Hope all is well.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Not to worry. IVIG went well. They just started late due to a “meeting”...so I got home too late to get back here. Got home, ate, took meds, went to sleep.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              :) I'm happy with the board the way it is. Thank you for all you do. Jeanie :)[/I][/I]
                              Last edited by Jeanie Z; 11-07-2019, 08:17 AM. Reason: typo

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Got home late after seeing Dr. Went to get some groceries and to K-Mart to pick up medicine, then to get food for tonight.

                                Had to unload car and get into comfy clothes and then eat. Still haven’t washed my face and it is 10:00PM. Tired.

                                On antibiotics for UTI. I am sure no surprise there. She thinks jaw problem is likely arthritis. I had considered this because the night before I came down with it I was out on a breezy cool evening.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X