Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks Sunshine.

    I just got a call from my doctor's office, and they want me to come by and pick up my pills. I have the AC running about 10 feet from me, plus my hearing isn't the best, but I believe that's what was said.

    Their office will be closed tomorrow, but the pills will be just inside the door. So tomorrow, I SHOULD have my pills. After this, I will be picking them up at CVS like I always have.

    I have 6 pills in my pill stash, and just took 2 to ease my mind. 2 days of worrying about having another seizure. That's no way to live.

    So if all goes well tomorrow, I can get back to my normal routine.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      Howie, should anything go wrong and as you said hopefully it will not - but if, then CVS should let you have enough to get you through the week-end. Sorry you are having to go through this.

      I have ANOTHER UTI. I thought Monday night I had caught it in time to just take AZO. The kind that has some antibacterial medicine in it, but so far it is not working as well as I had hoped. I probably will have to go to the Doctor the first of the week.

      Yesterday I didn't do anything at all other than take out the trash and recycling. Today I did get the downstairs dusted. I have washed sheets and still have to put clean ones on my bed. I am also washing other linens.
      Virginia

      Comment


        Virginia, so sorry about the bladder symptoms. Maybe you could ask the doctor for a lab order so you can go and do a sample tomorrow. No need to see a provider. When you are there, ask for an extra sterile cup or two and the wipes so you can get a standing order to drop off a fresh sample going forward if this happens again.

        I don’t know if this is possible in the practice you are in but it should be.

        Good luck to you and to Howie.

        Howie, it makes no sense to me that you have to go to the office and get pills between the doors rather that just going to CVS to get the corrected RX for the next 90 days!

        ANN
        Last edited by stillstANNding; 06-24-2020, 05:24 PM.
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          Ann, I thought so too. But it was said I have to get the first supply from my doctor's office, then from there on, it will be through CVS. It really doesn't make sense to me either, but I'll do it they're way.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            That’s 3 UTIs this past year, no?
            Time to see a urologist, in my experience. They can help determine why you are getting so many UTIs. UTIs can be deadly.
            Let me know if you want to know more about how the urologist determined my issues causing UTIs and how they stopped them. Its been about a year since I have had one, maybe more. Several times since I THOUGHT I had one (SPS caused weird UTI like symptoms), but I did not.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Howie View Post
              Ann, I thought so too. But it was said I have to get the first supply from my doctor's office, then from there on, it will be through CVS. It really doesn't make sense to me either, but I'll do it they're way.
              I have found that CVS and/ Caremark always call too early to fill my prescriptions. Over time I have just gone ahead and filled them whenever I am reminded. So I have a stash of 2 months supply of all the pills I take. Reading your situation I am glad I stopped telling them that I did not need something yet.
              Linda~~~~

              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

              Comment


                Linda, CVS does the same to me. I have a drawer full of tizanidine, gabapentin, and neurontin. I’m only on the tizanidine but things change.
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  So many reasons to stockpile meds.
                  There are shortages of some meds. Good to have some to tide you over.
                  Hurricanes happen and you might be out of enough pills to get you through until you can get to a store again.

                  Comment


                    I talked to Nuthatch's husband, David today. He is the nicest man. No wonder she kept him. He did spend last week with his daughter and Tula. He said he thought Tula was going to run him to death. His daughter went back to work. There is a back office where she works with no one in it. She told him she just had to go in there several times and cry.

                    Next week he plans to be at his son's who lives outside San Diego. He will have time with Everett.

                    The house is too big for him alone - nearly 4,000 square feet, but everyone is telling him he should not make any changes for a year. I certainly agreed with that. He did go out to ride his bike this morning. He took his mask and when he would stop he would put it on.

                    They are doing about as well as you could expect, all so sad, but seem to be pulling together.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Howie, did you get your medicine sorted out?

                      And Virginia, how are you?

                      We are keeping well. Peter is “at” a video conference. He presented earlier and now is in the audience, I think. He is dressed in a suit and tie and is sitting in the dining room. No shoes but he is wearing pants. ;-)

                      I went out to transplant some stunning marigolds into bigger pots and to replace the front steps pansies with summer annuals. I was really pushing it. It’s 83 and humid. I was sure it was hotter. I finished what I wanted to do, I just hope I get away with it. I do know better.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        Yes Ann, but it was a written prescription. So I took that to CVS, and told them I was going to the store, then would be back to pick up my pills.

                        I stopped and put gas in the car, then went to the store, then started to drive home, and remembered CVS, so I turned around and they had my pills ready, THEN I came home.

                        I stopped at the mail box to get my mail, and couldn't find the key. I always just dropped it in a cup holder in the console, but it wasn't there now. I'll search the car Monday.

                        The store still had shortages in some items. But I still got everything, or a close replacement.

                        Well, everyone have a great weekend!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          Yes Ann, but it was a written prescription. So I took that to CVS, and told them I was going to the store, then would be back to pick up my pills.

                          I stopped and put gas in the car, then went to the store, then started to drive home, and remembered CVS, so I turned around and they had my pills ready, THEN I came home.

                          I stopped at the mail box to get my mail, and couldn't find the key. I always just dropped it in a cup holder in the console, but it wasn't there now. I'll search the car Monday.

                          The store still had shortages in some items. But I still got everything, or a close replacement.

                          Well, everyone have a great weekend!
                          I suggest asking Sam about the missing key.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            And Sam has always been interested in that key. I'll keep my eye on her.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                              Virginia ~

                              My heart goes out to David, and I truly understand his pain, as I know that you do. I'm lonely in my little house, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be rambling around a 4,000 sq ft home. Unless it becomes too much for him to bear or manage, I agree that he should take a year to decide what is best for him. Our weather has been lovely recently, and I hope it remains so for his visit with his son and Everett. My prayers are with all of them.

                              ANN ~

                              No shoes but he is wearing pants. ;-)
                              Thank you for the giggle! I hope you don't have any unpleasant residual effects from your planting today. Marigolds are a hardy, bright display for summer. Enjoy!

                              Howie ~

                              Why in the world did you have to pick up a paper prescription for your meds? Our doctors always called the pharmacy for new prescriptions and refills. And, when I was with Jim at the doctor's office, and the doctor wrote out a script, I would simply ask her/him to call it in to the pharmacy. I can't think of a single reason why your doctor can't do this, especially during COVID. Please ask your doctor or NP to call all of your scripts in for you. This isn't the 1950s!

                              Here's an idea: put glow in the dark tape on all of your keys, your shoes, anything you might misplace. Then you can search at night for them! I may try that, because I've been misplacing stuff like that quite a bit lately.

                              I'm also suspicious of Sam. Cough up the key, girl!

                              Prayers and virtual hugs to all ~

                              Love & Light,



                              Rose

                              *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                              Comment


                                Ann, I bet Peter had on walking shorts at the least. Surely, he wouldn't sit there for a video with long pants on. Hope you do not have any bad effects from your planting today.

                                Howie, personally I can tell you Sam knows where the key is. She isn't telling, so I would be afraid to tell also. She can get vicious.

                                Rose, it is always good to see you come over our way. We are always so glad to see you. Hope you are feeling as well as possible.

                                I am doing better. Started taking a turn for the better yesterday, after staying on that medicine since Monday. The house is now as of this afternoon fairly clean, so I guess I can have the week-end. I do have some ironing, but I might just let it hang around for awhile.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X