Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A really, no really, great jar opener.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    They would only give me the last 4 digits of the new card. Actually, I got the first one that they sent when my old one was breached just today. But, it is no good because I called yesterday telling them that it had not arrived and they cancelled it and have sent another one. They promised this one would arrive by UPS Monday.

    Now, I have forgotten all the things I was going to order. Maybe they saved me some money, but I doubt it. I think I will be able to come up with a lot of things once I get my hands on that card.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #32
      Credit car arrived - jar opener scheduled for 1-13.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Virginia View Post
        They would only give me the last 4 digits of the new card. Actually, I got the first one that they sent when my old one was breached just today. But, it is no good because I called yesterday telling them that it had not arrived and they cancelled it and have sent another one. They promised this one would arrive by UPS Monday.

        Now, I have forgotten all the things I was going to order. Maybe they saved me some money, but I doubt it. I think I will be able to come up with a lot of things once I get my hands on that card.
        I certainly don't want to encourage you to do a lot of brash spending but you might want to stock up on a few hard to open bottles and jars to help justify your new opener !
        *another random thought *

        Comment


          #34
          Thanks Brian for reminding me I need to
          Make good use of that new toy ASAP.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #35
            Can we send you all of our difficult jars and bottles, Virginia, so you can get more practice?
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by agate View Post
              Can we send you all of our difficult jars and bottles, Virginia, so you can get more practice?
              I think Agate has hit upon a great idea here ! For example, I really don't care for pickles (even the smell) and their jars are notoriously difficult to open. We have the opener at my house and my wife is getting into those darn pickles with regularity. BUT if I were to send them to you for opening... one of my many, many problems would be solved and your new opener could get a good work-out.

              genius Agate genius
              *another random thought *

              Comment


                #37
                Thank you for the accolades. I've always liked an accolade now and then and never had nearly enough of them. They're good on warm muffins.

                Oh yes, pickle jars. I used to eat a lot of pickles and one reason I don't get them any more is the type of jar they are always in. One of the very worst types of jars to open! The pickle juice is always near the top and apt to spray around just from the force it takes to open the *&%#+ jar.
                Last edited by agate; 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #38
                  You know Brian, now that I think of it, you waited until I had ordered the jar opener to inform me that I needed to have jars to open. So, since this very vital piece of information was lacking I now think I will charge for all the jars I receive to open. Trying to think of a good price. I think I will consult with Howie since he has his own "in home" dental practice.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Another entrepreneur among us! Virginia, are you going to charge by the item? Or by the time it takes you to figure out how to open each can?
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      My jar opener arrived today. Got it through Prime. So, all of you who want your jars opened just let me know and we will try to work something out.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Peter wants to know if he can still come and iron.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Ann, Peter gets the ironing and he might still get to open jars.

                          Brian, I need a refund! This morning I tried opening a 64oz bottle of cranberry juice. Naturally, I thought "great now I can use my jar opener". It didn't work for me, so I just stuck the cap under hot water for a minute and opened it by hand. I will give my new toy a couple of more tries when I get some jars that need opening before making a final decision about this "world wonder".
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Another feat of strength to report here, in addition to the one Virginia just reported:

                            I was trying to open a 48-oz. jar of V8 juice. I avoid getting these jars but this one arrived as a mistake, and it was time to use it up.

                            I was wrestling with it and trying every ingenious device I had, and I'd reached the end of my resources. I was all set to order that opener but then I decided to try prying the lid off with a screwdriver, going all around it and hitting the places where the plastic ring that is below the cap is attached.

                            That actually did work, and so for the time being I'm still thinking about that new opener.

                            Major decisions like this take lots of thought.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                              Ann, Peter gets the ironing and he might still get to open jars.

                              Brian, I need a refund! This morning I tried opening a 64oz bottle of cranberry juice. Naturally, I thought "great now I can use my jar opener". It didn't work for me, so I just stuck the cap under hot water for a minute and opened it by hand. I will give my new toy a couple of more tries when I get some jars that need opening before making a final decision about this "world wonder".
                              I am shocked.

                              The wonder of technology hereafter referred to as "The really great, no really, great jar opener" has never failed us!"

                              My wife, whom agrees to be known hereafter as "Cathy", says she's opened everything from a soda bottle to a large pickle jar and even a tiny Worcestershire Sauce top.
                              Every jar or bottle has surrendered to the almost magical loosening of this device and we've had it for years. ( you do know the whole righty-tighty lefty-loosey thing right?)

                              If it becomes necessary, after the pandemic, and some creative crowdsource fundraising on the forum, I shall personally travel to Switzerland and express your displeasure!!!

                              (let me know if this becomes likely as I'll need time to obtain a passport)

                              hoping for the best

                              Brian

                              Edit to add: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                              Last edited by RandomThought; 01-14-2021, 04:06 PM. Reason: return options
                              *another random thought *

                              Comment


                                #45
                                ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                                Virginia ~

                                Good idea to run the cap under hot water. That's how I open my bottle of vanilla.

                                agate ~

                                If you have an old fashioned can opener, which punches a triangular hole in the can, that would be my go to option for your V8 juice. If you have a pitcher, you can pour the juice into it, and toss the can.

                                As I mentioned earlier, I've been tapping the lids of jars and juice bottles on the floor all of my life. It always works for me. But I can envision a time, when I won't be able to bend down to the floor to do it, nor be able to use any of the openers. That's when it'll be frozen food only for me.

                                Today, I scored some Lysol wipes via my Instacart order. They have been out of stock since March. To be able to use them to clean my groceries, I had to remove the lid and pull out the inner portion to remove the wipes. I had a challenge removing the lid, then I couldn't get the protective plastic covering over the wipes off. It has a pull tab, but that was futile. I punched a hole in the plastic covering with my thumb and began tearing it off.

                                Is there a gadget to help with that?

                                Love & Light,



                                Rose

                                *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X