Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A really, no really, great jar opener.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    I have enough trouble handling Sam, I couldn't imagine dealing with one of those!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #77
      It turns out that his yard is Dangerous!

      My brother, who lives about 20 miles away has shared more photos from his camera.

      I keep saying how it's not easy living here on the frontier what with all wild beasts and poor cell reception...you get the idea.

      These photos taken by motion detector are on an "access road" that passes through his wooded property and passes about 100-150 feet from their house.

      You'll see their visitors: Coyote,deer, bobcat, mountain lion and black bear (not necessarily in that order).

      IMAG0090.jpgIMAG0088.jpgIMAG0001.jpgBobcat walking away.jpgBlack bear in daylight.jpg3 black bears at night.jpg

      Actually, it is not uncommon for him to be outside calling "here kitty kitty" because they have house cats too. So far, so good.

      *another random thought *

      Comment


        #78
        Great photos! Quite a bear assembly there. Or maybe I should say a sloth of bears, or a sleuth of bears. Those seem to be the collective nouns for a group of bears:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        It's probably good that the critters don't know they're being watched but it must be really nice to know what (or who?) has been passing through.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #79
          I thought that was Mama and her babies bears. You know the three little bears.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #80
            I loved these pictures, thank you.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #81
              These pictures are clearer for me on this new forum. Great pictures
              Virginia

              Comment


                #82
                Clearer for me, too. Bravo!
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Ok, which is more frightening: The thought of encountering these animals or the new forum software?
                  *another random thought *

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Definitely, the new forum software for me.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I think you'll like it pretty soon. Image posting should be easier. Some kinks need to be ironed out but I think we'll make the transition. The blogs are even here, and all of our PMs apparently made it through to this new place.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        I think the new software is great but will take some getting used to. I don't yet see how to go directly to the "last" or current page of a discussion and have been starting at the beginning.

                        I do like the fact that I don't need a new bookmark (favorite) for the forum. Over the many years I have been creating folders with names such as: MGH, New MGH, Newer New MGH, and my current folder is named Newer New Newest MGH.

                        I realized that this isn't even associated with MGH anymore but I wouldn't know it by any other name.

                        At this point my hilarious 17 year old would take me by the arm saying, "You say your forum used to be associated with Harvard Medical School? That sounds interesting grandpa...Now, let's get you back to bed."

                        -------
                        I see how one gets in more directly...use a tab at the top left labeled "latest activity"
                        Last edited by RandomThought; 03-27-2021, 06:01 AM.
                        *another random thought *

                        Comment


                          #87
                          I’m also hoping there’s a way to easily show the current page rather than to keep having to advance from the first page.

                          And I can not log in with my iPad. I’ve used the same password as on my phone. IPhone log in works but iPad does not. :(

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I’m also hoping there’s a way to easily show the current page rather than to keep having to advance from the first page.
                            This had me flummoxed too. But you can go into your Profile, go to User Settings, then the Account tab, and scroll down to where you'll find Conversation Detail Options, then to Display Mode--and then make sure Latest Activity is checked. You should start seeing the threads with the latest posts on top from then on.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              G̶e̶e̶z̶e̶,̶ ̶ ̶A̶g̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶o̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶w̶e̶s̶s̶!̶

                              I mean...Thank you ,Agate, that is very helpful !

                              *another random thought *

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by RandomThought View Post
                                G̶e̶e̶z̶e̶,̶ ̶ ̶A̶g̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶o̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶w̶e̶s̶s̶!̶

                                I mean...Thank you ,Agate, that is very helpful !

                                Or a way to show off how many things we can still do on this new board. Boldface type? No problem.

                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X