Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 2021 Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Sunshine, tomorrow's a big day for you! Everyone here will be in your cheering section, keeping fingers crossed and waving and hoping this goes well!

    stillstANNding,
    I don’t do the heat/ice w my Copaxone injections.
    I like this idea and seem to remember dispensing with that whole routine the first time around with Copaxone. This time I'm being more cautious and following all of the recommended procedures. I'm in fairly unknown territory on this, what with my age and the length of time I've had SPMS --and having been on Copaxone for 3 years, then off it for 10, and now back on it. They don't seem to know much about people in my category. But I'm thinking seriously about doing without both the heat and the cold packs anyway.

    In the meantime, I appreciate knowing about a good available hot/cold pack. I have about a dozen of them but they're all quite old and have had lots of use for aches and pains but for the shot I've been using the new one provided by Mylan/Viatris, the company that makes this generic Copaxone. It's very small--only about 2 inches by 1 inch--but seems to be OK.

    I hesitate to use the microwave for it because a gelpack exploded in the microwave years ago and I haven't forgotten that episode but I would definitely rethink this. I use the microwave so rarely that it's just sitting there with its door blocked by several canisters. Time to get with the program.

    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #17
      I have been on a shot for so long, without a break, that I just got tired long ago of doing anything more than what I had to do. That's the reason I don't do the hot/cold thing. I do take the Rebif out of the frig ahead of time. For instance I remembered to take it out today just before 12noon and I will not give it until maybe about 8PM or thereabouts.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #18
        I wonder what Howie and Sam are up to these days. Maybe they are now ordering all their food and having it brought to them.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #19
          I wouldn't be too surprised if Sam had opened up her own restaurant, or maybe she's competing with GrubHub by starting her own delivery service? Maybe called ChowDown? Or CatsUp?

          Specializing in fish dishes probably.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #20
            Agate, you are probably right on target.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #21
              You're right about me. I ordered food yesterday. Of course, Sam got to SHARE it. I'm waiting on my electric bill to arrive so I can pay it, and everything else is on autopay. So I'm done when that gets here. Everyone have a good month, and day!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #22
                Good morning, Howie! Thanks for checking in. Great to see you.

                How are things working with your doctor and the gabapentin RX?

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  Howie, I'm glad to know that Sam is just sharing your food and not doing something more dramatic.

                  Wasn't she driving a forklift at one point?
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I kind of thought she ate the larger share of the food and poor Howie only got a small portion. So, in other words, Sam would be sharing a little of her food with Howie.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      If it wasn't for Sam "sharing", I would starve! Oh, and I hid her forklift keys. She could have killed someone, probably ME!

                      The "doctor" made me wait again because it was a weekend. But I know how she is, so I stash a pill every other day, and take 5 a day instead of six. I'm glad I had some stashed. It warns you NOT to stop taking Gabapentin suddenly. I'm glad I wised up to her ways. She should know not to stop taking it suddenly.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                      • Lazarus
                        Lazarus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do the same thing HOwie and have a stash of all significant pills. I get prescriptions for more pills each day than I actually use and build up a reserve. I too have a pill with a warning of possible seizures if I miss a dose...(have never had a seizure and have missed a dose or two over the years.) strategy...we all are good technicians!

                      #26
                      Golly gee, Howie--don't tell me you have a clueless doctor too. Don't doctors ever read anything instructive, like a patient's chart or the prescribing instructions for the drugs they're prescribing?

                      Speaking of the "doctor" in quotes is what she deserves.

                      As somebody said, doctors are just practicing medicine.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Oh Howie, I am just glad you had enough stashed to get you through the week-end. As Agate said I think she is a little clueless. She should check to see what she needs to call back to the pharmacy before she leaves for the week-end. Of course, I think she should be giving you a ninety day supply anyway.

                        Probably good that you have Sam's forklift keys...otherwise you would never be able to sleep because you would never know when she is stealing away to get into something.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #28
                          I am one day post surgery. Very uncomfortable, to be expected. RNs come to house to deal with bandage.
                          Still get very nauseous: more than usual: Handout says its from anesthesia and will clear up in 24 hours.
                          Stepped down one Baclofen. Will see post op at end of this week and first appt with the doc who will manage the pump to step it up weekly and step down the Baclofen weekly.
                          I figure after 3 months I will be off most of the muscle relaxants and no longer severe constipation resulting in discomfort and nausea.

                          Pain should be minimaized as well.

                          Right now I cannot walk at all, but I can stand long enough to do certain things.

                          DH had to help me get into bed, and out of bed all night and sit to take 3 middle of the night doses becaus I Couldn’t sit on my own. This is improving.He is a good guy to sell his sleep and hobbies for this. He is channeling Pete!

                          Comment


                            #29
                            We have to be our own doctors, really.

                            Sunshine, how nice that you felt up to checking in so soon after surgery! As usual, you're amazing! Sounds like quite an adjustment period you're going through but you do seem to be in good hands.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #30
                              Hi Sunshine
                              I was glad you posted . Your body may be tired but your thinking is very clear. Lots of details to keep in focus and you are very clear. Thinking of you....
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X