Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wordle, daily word-guessing game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wordle, daily word-guessing game

    This turned up on another site, and I tried it a couple of times. People here might enjoy wasting a few minutes each day guessing each day's word. The instructions are found by clicking on the question mark in the upper left.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Thanks!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      I didn't get today's word.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Yay, I got it!

        Comment


          #5
          Not sure how to play…..my screen just stays open but I do not see what to do to start. What am I missing.?
          Linda~~~~

          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

          Comment


            #6
            Just type in any word to start.

            Comment


              #7
              Ok. I typed in a word and 2 more words using the color enhanced letters. But I thought that wordlegave the word each day. Still not clear on how to play or how to know if I am playing!
              Linda~~~~

              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

              Comment


                #8
                Each day there's a new 5-letter word. If you go to that link you should be able to start entering your guesses at the word. When you've used up all of your 6 guesses, it will tell you what the word is if you haven't figured it out. Today I used up all my guesses without getting it right.

                Green letters are letters you've guessed right and are in the right place, and tan letters are letters you've guessed right but they're in a different place in the word. The other letters are wrong and won't be in the word--so as you keep guessing, you keep finding out more and more letters that aren't going to be in the word. I don't know if I've explained this very well. I had to use trial and error.

                There are a couple of other options you can choose if you click on that icon in the upper right--one is the "color-blind mode" (high contrast) with different colors for the letters, and the "hard mode" seems to be a somewhat harder version of the game. (I haven't tried that yet.)
                Last edited by agate; 01-19-2022, 10:59 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Don't use the letters in the example. When you start with a blank grid, just type a random word in the top row. Hopefully, you will get some colored letters to get you started, but maybe they will all be grey and you will have to type a random word in the second row.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                    In my first word, I use the letters A, E, and I. That eliminates vowels, leaving O, U, and sometimes Y.

                    Then I use S, D, T, or N. Based on the outcome, I can eliminate other consonants.

                    So far, this system has worked for me.

                    Thank you for sharing this game with us, Joan!

                    Love & Light,

                    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                    Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I got one of them on the third guess but today's was beyond me. I didn't get it at all.

                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks Agate…I finally figured out what to do and it is fun!
                        Linda~~~~

                        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I got today's word on the 4th try. And I found out that a letter can occur twice in a word but you need to guess it a second time.



                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yes Agate,
                            I discovered you can use a letter twice. I got the first 2 on three tries and the third on the last try where when I got it a “whew” pops up! Made me chuckle.
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I've been enjoying this, I've gotten all in 4 or 5 tries.

                              Here is a site, they suggest, much like Wheel of Fortune that gives the most popular letters to start the person off, that you use the first two tries with words that contain these most popular letters:

                              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                              • If you start with NOTES, ACRID
                              • If you start with RESIN, LOATH
                              • If you start with TARES, CHINO
                              • If you start with SENOR, DUCAT

                              I've begun to start them all using resin/loath, then it has taken me two more guesses to correctly identify the word. It's been fun! A couple days ago, I would have gotten "point" in 3 tries except I guessed "joint" incorrectly first!
                              ​​​​​​
                              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X