Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wordle, daily word-guessing game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Virginia, that happens when there are too many words with only one or two letters different. Can be very frustrating! That's why I don't like Absurdle because it always defaults down to that last possibility and will only give it to you if you've exhausted every other option first. In Wordle, I try to "think like an algorithm" when I guess which choice to first input as I think they have more likely choices than others.

    I consider these word games to be brain exercises!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

    Comment


      #77
      Looks.like wordle will not be available tomorrow to those of us who played today. It is 12:36AM and it didn't change from what I did this morning. A timer is counting down right now and it has gotten down to 23 hours and so many minutes. It is suppose to change at midnight eastern time I think.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #78
        A new wordle was there today. I don't know what happened last night but it didn't change at midnight eastern time like it is suppose to.
        Virginia

        Comment


        • SuzE-Q
          SuzE-Q commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad it is back up and running for you, Virginia!

        #79
        I tried Quardle but I don't care for it. maybe I don't understand it well enough of it could be that it is just too hard for me.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #80
          Sometimes I really do badly on Quordle. There are times when I get none of them. But today I hit it lucky and got all 4 of them.

          I bragged about my step counts, and now I'm bragging about my Quordle score. I can do that here because there's all of this space in front of me, a blank message window provided by the administration here.

          You people who are staying away, please think about how nice it is to have a blank message window on a message board just for whatever words or images you want to put there.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #81
            I can really avoid many of life’s frustrations by playing hello word obsessively. It is my new ‘ drug of choice’!
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              #82
              I was just boasting to Virginia in another thread about how I limit my wordle addiction. Then I checked in at the solitaire games Website as I often do (playing Klondike and Freecell when I have a moment) and found that a new game has been introduced. It's basically Wordle but you can choose the number of letters in the word, and you can choose Easy, Medium, or Hard.

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #83
                OH AGATE, YOU HAD TO TELL ME SOMETHING ELSE TO GET HOOKED ON!!!! I WILL NOT LOOK AT IT RIGHT NOW!
                Last edited by Virginia; 03-26-2022, 07:38 PM.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #84
                  I had my doubts about mentioning it, Virginia. I was afraid, very afraid. Soon some of us here will be doing for nothing at all except playing Wordle. We won't get our groceries or our mail or take out our trash or anything.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #85
                    Well, there goes my 95% success rate in Wordle. I can't figure out today's word. EDITED TO ADD: I did think of it, quite a while later. One of those light-bulb moments!

                    I figure that I'm not really wasting time on these games if I make sure that I'm doing them only I have to wait around with nothing better to do. If the laundry has only 10 more minutes to go before I need to go there and deal with it, for instance, that's a good time to do one of these puzzles or games, or if I'm having a bad time getting myself in gear to do something physical (like floor-mopping or ironing) and just need half an hour to rest, that's another good time. When I have to wait on hold on the phone is a very good time.

                    Or if it's a day for a grocery delivery and I don't know just when that will happen, it's hard to do anything else because I might just have to interrupt it to deal with the groceries, and that can be a very good time to do games or puzzles--though I could also be sorting out e-mail. I have over 100 unopened e-mails.
                    Last edited by agate; 03-27-2022, 08:38 AM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #86
                      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                      agate ~

                      Today's word was difficult. I always start with a word containing A, E, O. If those are not in the word, I use a word containing I and U. That leaves, "sometimes Y."

                      I managed to figure out the word by the fourth guess today. The majority of my "wins" are on the fourth level/try/attempt.

                      You have over 100 unopened emails? Wow! I check my email many times a day, and I delete ones, which I don't need to read. I read others, delete some of them, and put the others in folders I have for people and businesses. Periodically, I do housecleaning and return to old pages to pick up what I may have missed previously. I have 88 emails in my inbox now. Even that could be pared down, if I moved or deleted older emails.

                      I recommend trying to remove 10-12 emails everyday, until you get caught up. It can be a tedious task to do for an hour or more.

                      Best of luck to everyone on tomorrow's Wordle!


                      Love & Light,

                      ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                      Rose

                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                      Comment


                        #87
                        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                        Another challenging word on today's Wordle. Using my technique, I got it on the third try. I Googled for articles about Wordle, and I found this, which gives hints for best Wordle start words:

                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        This is the system, which I've been using from the beginning. It works well.

                        Best of luck to all Wordlers!

                        Love & Light,

                        ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                        Rose
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                        Comment


                          #88
                          Rose, about the e-mails, I'm very proud of having "only" 100 e-mails at this point. For quite a while there were 400-500, but a month or so ago I went through and systematically took care of many of them. I'm intending to take care of many of those remaining e-mails as soon as I can.

                          So for me 100 e-mails is an achievement. I've been trying to keep them down to 100 ever since but have intentions of paring them down even more as you very sensibly recommend.



                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #89
                            I was so upset with wordle yesterday. I got 4 last letters right in first 3 tries. I thought guessing the first letter should be so easy, but found that so many different words had the 4 last letters. I missed guessing right on all the next three.

                            Today, I needed the middle letter after 3 tries. I got it in 2, a little better than yesterday.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #90
                              I tend to forget that a letter that has already occurred in the word can be repeated in that word. If Wordle tells me that I'm right about the E at the end of the word, ----E, I fail to realize that the word could be PEEVE or THERE or something else with more than one E.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X