Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    OMG, Gary.
    Two below, no.

    Snow is fair game this time of year but you live where you do
    because you are happy there.
    And someone has to grow spuds for Five Guys french fries.

    I love wood stove heat and wood furnace heated houses.
    My inner neanderthal relates to fire.

    Comment


      #17
      renee ,, come to our house then,, we strictly heat with wood,,outside woodburner,, we love it,, Gary.Alaska is warmer then us,,,.. we were 2 below all day today,, yucks,,
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        #18
        Gary, as I understand it, there are different types of heat pumps, and I don't know if yours is like the one I have but it took me several years to get used to it and to figure out how to tinker with its settings.

        I'd never seen one before I moved here (2009). You have to program it for every couple of hours of every day to get it right but once you get the settings where you want them, it should be heating the place to whatever temperature you want it to.

        If it also does air conditioning, it also has to be set so that there are at least 3 degrees difference between the cooling and the heating settings--if it's like mine, that is.

        You can't have it set to start heating at 68' if you want it to start cooling at 70' because that's not a 3-degree difference.

        If this makes no sense to you, you probably have a totally different type of heat pump and should just ignore this.
        Last edited by agate; 11-18-2014, 06:36 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #19
          Ha!

          Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
          ...




          'And you think *you* got problems...'

          Comment


            #20
            I really don't like those systems that turn on and off. The temp is not consistent enough for me. There's too much difference between the high and low. Then the actual blowing part of the cycle just exaggerates it. :(

            After reading your post, agate, I have a clue what I've been doing wrong. But it just seems too complicated.

            Ideally I'd love one of those places with a heated floor.

            Unlike most of you, I haven't had to pull out winter coats yet. It's currently 9pm and 12C/54F here.

            Comment


              #21
              Parsi, how cold does it get there in winter?


              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                #22
                It was so cold here today, I had to wear my long thong.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #23
                  er . . . long? really? I understand that cold causes shrinkage . . . you must have meant your thermal or polarfleece thong.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    No, those darn things itch, in the worse places!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Howie View Post
                      No, those darn things itch, in the worse places!
                      Ya have to wash them once in awhile, Howie!! In Woolite and Downy!!
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #26
                        W a s h? You speak strange words.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #27
                          ewwwww yucky change the subject. Lets go back to Howie's MRI report!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            But Gary, what about your dream to become a cabana boy?
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
                              Parsi, how cold does it get there in winter?
                              According to a climate chart I found
                              Average low for December is 2C/36F
                              Average low for January is -1C/30F
                              Record low for December is -13C/9F
                              Record low for January is -15C/5F

                              But I know that the answer is not that simple. There is a difference in elevation between the south of Tehran (warmer) and going up the mountain in the north of Tehran (cooler). Also the streets are lined with trees of various heights, walls, and tall buildings. If those streets are narrow not much sun penetrates to the ground and tends to be chillier there.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                We got above freezing for a bit today. Sunny and windy and bitter even tho the thermometer did not always agree. Going to an MS Lifelines C.H.A.T. tonight at a nice restaurant a half hour from here with another couple who have been friends for years and she was just diagnosed and they are so scared and don't know where to begin.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X