Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    He may look fat, but it's all muscle. He's where the term "6 pack abs" came from. I'll bet it took quite a few six packs to get his abs.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      Yes, but did you all know that all Santa's raindeer are female. It is factual that all raindeer grow antlers every summer, however the male's fall off in November and early December. The female keep their antlers until spring, so therefore all of Santa's are female.

      Makes perfectly good sense because if you think about it - what MAN could possibly pull a fat man in a red velvet suit, all over the world in one night and NOT GET LOST! Only women could do that!
      Virginia

      Comment


        Thank goodness they aren't driving old Santa in a car. I have a feeling there would be many disappointed children.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          --And at least he's not arriving in a drone.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            :) I hope all of you had a nice Christmas Day. I did go to my son's brunch about 10:30 this morning and came home about three. It was really just nice and relaxing. My DIL's parents were there and both have had heart surgeries in the last few years so most of the conversation was a replay of their hospitalization, etc.

            The food was good and they had some really good coffee with some Almond Joy and Vanilla cream. I had two cups. I made all the family phone calls to out of town relatives and friends and my friends in nursing homes.

            I am happy Christmas is over and soon we will start the new year. I hope 2015 will be a really good year. Drive carefully there were some crazy drivers out there this afternoon. Jeanie :)

            Comment


              One of the nicest Christmases I can remember! The grandkids are old enough to entertain themselves and the adults had a great, fairly uninterrupted conversation after dinner. I made Salmon, green beans, rainbow chard, baked sweet potatoes, butternut squash and baked a loaf of bread. Heather brought couscous, lentils, "smashed" cauliflower, broccoli, and roasted root vegetables (in case you don't remember or didn't know...she's a vegetarian). We had turtle pie and Breyer's Vanilla/Chocolate ice cream for dessert. When everyone arrived mid afternoon, I had big platters of raw veggies and ranch dip, chips with hummus and Salsa and a big fruit tray with cream cheese dip. Kids munched and played games then we opened gifts and while kids were engaged in their gifts, I broiled the salmon and steamed the veggies.

              On a sad note, my youngest sister's father in law died this morning. So for her kids, they lost both of their grandfathers in the span of 2 and a half weeks. Dave and I are going back up to mom's tomorrow. So Gary, you just might get a call from us.

              Comment


                :) Hi everyone.Christmas Eve and Christmas morning made me very tired. I was so tired I went to bed early. I slept soundly until 6 AM and up to the bathroom and back to bed. I woke again at 10 AM went the the bathroom again and back to bed. I did not wake up until 3:15.

                I guess I needed the sleep because I never sleep that sound. I feel better tonight than I have in a week, so I may try getting more sleep and see if that improves my energy.

                I hope all of you had a safe and happy christmas. Jeanie :)

                Comment


                  Today... GD Kayla, E's Daddy-Taylor, GRTGD Eliana-Me-ugh.

                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    What a lovely family! And Sally, you're so cute! Thanks for sharing.

                    Comment


                      :) Sally that is a great family photo. Thanks for sharing. You look great. Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        That is my DD's StepD, her SO and their Baby, sooo
                        not my Blood but still my GrtGDaughter and DD's GD!!

                        Here are my Blood Grands, around my little tree.
                        Last edited by SalpalSally; 12-28-2014, 09:36 AM.
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          What great photos, Sally!! Love all your grands, looking happy and relaxed!!
                          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                          Comment


                            :) Sally I'm glad y'all took photos. I forgot to take my camera and I don't know how to use the camera on David's flip phone. I did not get any photos last year either.

                            I am going to get everyone together and take a photo. I just realized it has been since before David died that we took a family photo. 2/1 that will be 2 years and it was at the Christmas of 2012 we took one. The older I get the faster time goes.

                            I hope everyone has a happy safe new year's eve. Jeanie :)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X