Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who knows how they came up with all these different paydays, but I'm grateful they do pay. I worked since I was 16, and never thought I would need the money ahead of time, but I'm glad it's there. In many countries, I would have to stand on street corners, and beg.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      So right you are Howie! Many people in many other countries are begging. However, I have to admit that we do have our own share of very, very poor right here in this country. But I will take my chances here any day.

      The chit-chat thread does not bother me when it is in two parts. I understand what you are saying Jeanie, but after the first day of getting caught up, it does seem nice not to have so many pages. Either way suits me. I am just glad Peg keeps up and does this.

      Everyone must be having a big Christmas or getting prepared for one, the board is really slow. I will have mine with my family tomorrow night and will be alone on Christmas Day. Oh well, just another day.
      Virginia

      Comment


        Virginia, you should see this place tomorrow, and Christmas day. I may be the only one here. But don't worry, I've been practicing my HO HO HO!!!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          I'm sure Howie's cats will have a great Christmas!

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            Well, if I'm going to make my usual 4am wakeup, I need to go to bed. I've been fighting it for hours. G'night all!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              G'night Howie!
              Virginia

              Comment


                Oh goodness, I must have overslept, it's 4:50!!!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  Jeanie,

                  I have to admit that I haven't minded the Part II's on the chitchat thread, mostly due to being unable to access more than the first page of any thread, so it's good for me when a new thread is started. I mostly just read anyway.

                  But I totally understand your point too that the posts or discussions of the last few people on the first part can be lost if a new Part II is abruptly started as people don't go back to read the last posts on Part I and so no one might have responded and people's posts might be missed. That would be frustrating.

                  I've discovered that I can read new pages of threads if I log on and search and click on the last posts of someone else who posted on a second page or beyond, so I'm now able to read more pages. So my problem is solved.

                  I hope a solution is found that everyone can live with, I hate to see anyone unhappy.
                  Last edited by SuzE-Q; 12-24-2014, 01:44 AM.
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                  Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                  Comment


                    Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      :) Wow Sally I am always impressed by the things you use on your posts. You are a computer whiz.

                      My family just left. Our dinner was wonderful and my son did it all. We then opened gifts and later had pie and egg nog. They gave me a big frying pan and a 2 quart pot. I had complained that I did not have any mid sized pans. So now I can cook easier. I really enjoyed the evening and will probably go to the brunch at my son Jim's in the morning.

                      Merry Christmas everyone! Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        Merry christmas!
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          And to you Virginia!

                          I just ate my Christmas meal. A salad, which I only ate half of, then covered it and put it in the fridge. Also a compleat's dinner. Get it .....eat's dinner. I hope no one lost any sleep thinking THAT one up. And my usual meal beverage, soy milk.

                          Total prep time, 8 minutes. The only dishes to wash, a glass and a fork. Whew, I wore my self out!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            MeRrY ChRiStMaS. Wish I was There..
                            Love, Sally


                            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                            Comment


                              Wish? I thought you were the second from the right!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                The best of the holidays to everyone!! Amazing that Santa is such an athletic dude, but I guess he has a lot of ground to cover every year...
                                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X