Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT December Chit Chat

    hidey ho .. I start this early,,{sorry},, tomorrow is another visit to the neuro,, which he is making noises about a MRI,, yuck,,last time I seen him,he mentioned it in September,,,

    ahhh so the holiday begins,, bah humbug,,lol, but shotgun deer hunting starts Saturday,,both boys and hubby will be out looking for Bambi hahahah!

    other then that turkey day went well cept I am very untradtional and served chicken and noodles heck for Christmas,, I fix lasagna,,grandkids love it,,

    weather is okay,, not much cold and snow,, we can handle it,,

    healing real good ,,

    later
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    You keep healing Peg. We have an untraditional Christmas dinner here too. I get to have Whisker Lickin's, and the cats have ham and turkey. It's a good thing I'm used to it!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Whisker Lickins would be a real treat for me--since I've never had them before. It would have been a whole new experience, but by now those cats of Howie's have eaten them all.

      Peg, hasn't your neuro heard that MRIs can be overdone? You could try mentioning that you've already had a couple of them. Won't it be difficult to lie still for so long while you're still recovering from your injuries?

      Last time my neuro was sounding as if he was about to order an MRI I mentioned that I didn't really see the need for it, and he went along with that.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        I've had 2 MRIs in the 15 years I've had MS. The first helped me get DXed, and the second was to get a Hoveround. That first one was in a tiny tube. I kept my eyes closed because I knew the tube was an inch from my face without looking. I didn't want to freak out in the tube.

        They are much roomier now, and my second one was in one of those.

        And Joan, I know you want me to post that first MRI report, but you need to move on, there are plenty of good books out there you could read instead!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Howie View Post

          And Joan, I know you want me to post that first MRI report, but you need to move on, there are plenty of good books out there you could read instead!
          This is a startling change. Are you refusing to post your MRI report???

          I'll bet you've decided to charge a fee.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Dec 1st?!? November was so busy that I lost track.

            I vacuumed the leaves off the yard yesterday, finally. Good thing too as we have a 90% chance of snow for most of the day. One of those storms that about the time my wife is driving kids home everyone wishes there was a snow day. Parents will call as ask why the kids are late. Its snowing. Well why didn't you call a snow day? It has only been snowing since 2 this afternoon. WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT. You could write a book of the things parents tell transportation.

            And so it goes down here on Tobacco Road.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by agate View Post
              This is a startling change. Are you refusing to post your MRI report???

              I'll bet you've decided to charge a fee.
              Do you think $19.95 is enough? Don't forget, it was called a "classic" in the report!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                Gary , people can be goofy,, like me as a parent,, Josh said he felt sick,,{this was when he was 7 }, I did not believe him,, he got on the bus,, and threw up all over it,, he says "see Mom ? told you I was sick " !!

                went to the neuro,, I decided I liked him,, I gave him a hard time,, he gave it back,,,, no MRI,, he decided,, I told him that also,,it was a good visit,,

                not much else,, ciao..
                " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                Peg

                Comment


                  #9
                  AHHH, December!!! LOL!
                  Last edited by SalpalSally; 12-01-2014, 06:24 PM.
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #10
                    [QUOTE=Pegakafarmgirl;36061]Gary , people can be goofy,, like me as a parent,, Josh said he felt sick,,{this was when he was 7 }, I did not believe him,, he got on the bus,, and threw up all over it,, he says "see Mom ? told you I was sick " !![QUOTE]

                    About a 100 years ago I was driving a bus as a sub driver. This was before I was even married. I looked up in the mirror at the kids and one of them was looking at me and he looked pretty green he threw up as I watched right in the aisle. I did what any guy would do I slide the drivers side window open stuck my head out and threw up too. As I recall I had a load of Junior High kids and there was a chorus of EWWWW THE BUS DRIVER JUST RALPHED ALL DOWN THE SIDE OF THE BUS.

                    By the way it is noon here and we have close to 2 inches.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I seldom come here, but now and again I check in to see how those that I know are doing. It sounds like you all are doing fine or make believe you are doing fine. Well, I like the last option. I do that a lot.

                      I thought the group I hang out with were kind of loony, but I see we aren't the only one's

                      Speaking of MRI's, the only purpose I see in having them is hanging them up on a dark night with a light shinning on them. Your imagination can finish up the rest of the picture. Make sure you have some ghostly music playing, not too loud, but loud enough so everybody with get the driff.

                      I will say you all have a great group here and I always find a chuckle in there someplace. Forgive me for barging in on your forum, but no telling what that next MRI or C-Scan may show up, eh? At 72 yrs. old I've just about run the gambit, but not ready to throw in the towel.

                      regards to all, Julia AKA Jo6 s
                      Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                      'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

                      for my brother Ben

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Julia, you are welcome here anytime. I hate to be nosey.....no I don't......what ailment brings you to BT? I hope you are doing well with it!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          Do you think $19.95 is enough? Don't forget, it was called a "classic" in the report!
                          Under the circumstances, it being "classic," you could probably charge $29.95 now that we're in the holiday season when prices on everything seem to go up.

                          You could have a special limited-time offer--buy one, get one free?
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oh, you're good. I guess I had better dig it out of storage, and dust it off a little! And right before Christmas! What kid wouldn't want his own copy?
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              don't forget shipping,, or is it free ?
                              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                              Peg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X