Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT May Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    :) Hi everyone. Andy called and Jamie was moved to the rehab last night and had her first PT today. She is in one of the best locally. I took a nap and I'm going back to bed soon. I am tired.

    Have a good weekend everyone. Jeanie :)

    Comment


      Sorry I missed your birthday, Joan. Hope it was happy.

      Stressed out today. Got an early morning from my brother . . . Mom had a stroke this morning and is in the hospital. Can't speak. Prayers requested.

      Comment


        nuthatch, thank you for the birthday wishes--this must be a very difficult time for you. I hope that your mother's condition will improve. People come back from strokes and do well for many years. But they're scary, to put it mildly.

        Jeanie, it must be a relief to know that Jamie is in an excellent place and getting care.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          Joan I am sorry I missed your B-day but Happy Birthday!!!

          NH so sorry about your mom. Agate is right it is a scary thing.

          Jeannie I am glad that jamie is getting the help that she needs.

          Well this morning I woke up at 6 am and went out on the back porch with my laptop and coffee. Our male Mini Schnauzer went out the door at the same time as I did and we must have surprised a skunk. Fritz got a blast near his face. He yelped and cried then ran through the doggie door and JUMPED INTO BED WITH TRISH!!!!! He wanted mom to protect him. I took him into our walk in shower and bathed him with Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo and it took the smell right off of him. I washed the area with my proven deskunk concoction and got it cleaned up and now it just smells unpleasant instead of so bad you want to throw up. Needless to say all the bed sheets and blankets are getting it too.

          By the way 1 quart of hydrogen Peroxide 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 TBS dish soap plus some water if it is a big dog. Use it while it is foaming like crazy and you will be pleasantly surprised how good it works.

          Comment


            Thinking of your family in this difficult time, NH. I hope your mom is able to make significant recovery.

            Jeanie, glad Jamie has good care!

            Glad Gary, the skunk-slayer, was able to spring into action and remove most traces of that ghastly smell. Skunks definitely have the patent on awful smells, that's for sure, your wife must have had quite the fright to have something jump on her bed that smelled so foul, not the nicest way to be startled on a lazy Sunday!

            Hope those in nature's unpredictable path, including California's water drought, make it through this difficult time with as little impact as possible.

            Anyone know how to get dried nail polish out of carpet? Gary, do you have a MacGyver fix for this too, by chance?

            Anyone heard from Lady lately?

            Enjoy your Sunday all!
            Last edited by SuzE-Q; 05-31-2015, 09:50 AM.
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

            Comment


              Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
              Thinking of your family in this difficult time, NH. I hope your mom is able to make significant recovery.

              Jeanie, glad Jamie has good care!

              Glad Gary, the skunk-slayer, was able to spring into action and remove most traces of that ghastly smell. Skunks definitely have the patent on awful smells, that's for sure, your wife must have had quite the fright to have something jump on her bed that smelled so foul, not the nicest way to be startled on a lazy Sunday!

              Hope those in nature's unpredictable path, including California's water drought, make it through this difficult time with as little impact as possible.

              Anyone know how to get dried nail polish out of carpet? Gary, do you have a MacGyver fix for this too, by chance?

              Anyone heard from Lady lately?

              Enjoy your Sunday all!
              SuzE-Q, I often wonder how Lady is doing, and since you asked about her, I just sent her a PM letting her know we're still here and that you mentioned her. It would be great if she decided to come back.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment

              Working...
              X