Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    :) I was in the dental chair from 1 PM until 3:30. Even the Lidocaine hurt as the shots were put in very tender spots. Also before the Impressions they shoved my gums up and painfully placed a cord like thing around each of the 8 tooth bases. Also having my mouth wide open so long I started having lower jaw spasms.

    They did not give me any pain meds and as the numbing wears off I feel pain. Luckily I have some meds and took one. I have to go back in 3 weeks and it is a 2 and 1/2 hour appointment also and they said about the same pain as today. If I had known how painful all these things would be I would have only had the worst ones done.

    I sure hope my teeth look good and are problem free when this is done. Maybe having my gums laid open and having the bony tumors chiseled off might have been only painful one time but It is too late now.

    Sad to hear about Debbie Reynolds. I have never seen Carrie in anything. Carrie did have a daughter and that daughter lost her Mother and Grandmother.

    It is 83 here at 5 PM. Those of you in the cold keep warm. So glad Sally is back. Jeanie :)

    Comment


      Jeanie, when you started this I did not know it was going to be an ongoing thing. I do not envy you in the least. I hope they are wrong about the next appointment being as painful as this one.
      Virginia

      Comment


        Jeanie, I hope you're not above doing a bit of special pleading about the next time. Can you remind them that you have MS and therefore are in a situation where something could be going very wrong but you wouldn't be aware of it because you're already numb from the MS?

        They might decide to cut down on the anesthetic, and it doesn't sound as if that would be something you'd want. But at least they could be on the lookout for problems developing and could try to make you as comfortable as possible, due to the MS.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          The thing I remind any medical folks is that, because my nervous system is broken, sometimes pain can be perceived as greater or lesser than what ordinary people may experience, and some it's displaced. It may feel to me, for example, that my arm hurts, but really it's my shoulder. Or that a particular tooth hurts, but it's really the tooth several teeth away. Or I don't feel pain at all, but a huge bruise appears, or I notice blood.

          I find if I remind them of this, they are more apt to take great care to increase the anesthesia, or the dose of pain meds, or look more carefully for the actual injury, rather than my corrupted perception of where it might be.

          Comment


            That 's weird Cat?!!
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              Weird but true.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                Otherwise they'll just expect what they would from a person who doesn't have your particular MS symptoms.


                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                Comment


                  I sometimes have pain in a tooth that hasn't been there in years. But it's just a quick jabbing pain, and then nothing. It always makes me reach up and touch the area, then I think, "Oh, just one of those".

                  I just had a long chat with my sister, the cattle farmer. She has one calf due tomorrow. I hope the weather will hold up a little longer. Looking at the 10 Day Forecast, I saw SNOW in about a week. But forecasters are lucky to get the next day right, much less a week from now. We will see.

                  Everyone dress warmly, and have a great day!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    Good news for anyone receiving Social Security! They paid today even though it's not the 3rd yet.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      What? I'm headed for the bank after I get dressed, and then to the store for....EVERYTHING!!! Agate, if that money isn't at the bank, expect a very unpleasant visit from my two fuzzy buddies!!!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        What? I'm headed for the bank after I get dressed, and then to the store for....EVERYTHING!!! Agate, if that money isn't at the bank, expect a very unpleasant visit from my two fuzzy buddies!!!
                        Before you send them out, please don't go to the bank until you check to make sure that this payment is real for you as well. Different states do things differently, apparently. Isn't there a number for your bank that you can call to find out the current balance? Or an online account?
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          I now bestow upon you Agate, the official "KEEPER OF THE PAY DAY CLOCK".

                          I didn't call or anything first, your word was good enough for me. I took off for the bank and store which was very crowded. I got what will get me through the weekend, and I'll make a list, and go back next week, but for now, I'm set.

                          ALL HAIL AGATE!!!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Howie View Post
                            I didn't call or anything first, your word was good enough for me.
                            Joan, don't you know that making a phone call is too difficult for poor Howie?


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              It's this new fangled cell phone. I'll figure it out one day. For now, when it rings, I just open it up, and say he...hel...hello!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                Howie, I hope that your bank will let you know if you've overdrawn the account? I'd feel better about your shopping trip if I knew you were sure that the money is in the bank. Please don't just take my word for it. What's there in my account may not be in your account.

                                I don't want to have given you a bum steer.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X