Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Merry Christmas, Howie.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      And to you and everyone here. Christmas ends tonight at midnight. Another has come and gone, and another year moves into the past, to become a Christmas, one year in the future.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        My goodness Howie, that last sentence was so profound! Glad your Sister got treats to you. I thought she would.

        Hi Parsi, hope you had a good Christmas I suppose in Wisconsin.
        Virginia

        Comment


          You have a nice sister, Howie! I hope you won't give all the treats to the cats.

          Another way of putting it: I hope that the cats don't con you into giving them all the treats.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            I have an entire meal for later, but it's lots of ham. Can cats eat ham, or is it just dogs that aren't supposed to?

            I'm headed to the store to cash change, and get that sliced turkey JUST for the cats. I just got up and took my pills, but really feel like going back to bed. That Lyrica I started really makes me dream. But I'll get up and make coffee for now.

            Coffee, the great motivator...in more ways than one.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              Originally posted by Howie View Post
              I have an entire meal for later, but it's lots of ham. Can cats eat ham, or is it just dogs that aren't supposed to?
              It should be okay if you don't feed them a huge amount.

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                Thanks Vicky. I'm going to the store and get them the sliced turkey the cats ask for by name. I myself don't like eating ham. It was given to me which is the only reason I have any. Don't make me break into my Kill Bill routine.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  Everyone can breathe a little easier, I got the cats their turkey. Drove all the way to the store, cashed all my change, and after the turkey, I have a dollar and some change to my name. But the cats are happy, and that's all that matters!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    @Howie, every cat I've ever had loved ham.
                    We are eating from a 9# half ham at Mom's and we are not tired of it yet! Nor is Mom's cat, Gypsy.

                    @ Vicky, it looks like last night was very cold back home.

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      It's supposed to be in the 20s and 30s every day this week except tomorrow. It will be in the 50s then. I won't mind that at all.


                      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                      Comment


                        I'm sitting in front of the fan, and within the next few days, it's supposed to be 69! Sam is sitting with me in front of the fan too.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          It's 65 degrees here now (10:45 PM) in Mom's corner of Western Pennsylvania! Very unseasonable. Weird. Scary.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            Ann, don't be scared. It has always been more extreme on this day, hot or cold. We have only been keeping a temperature for each day for just over 200 years. Why? We had to wait on the thermometer to be inverted.

                            The weather works in cycles longer than a human's lifetime. Global warming or cooling is on such extreme cycles that to say it's warming or cooling is just talk.
                            Last edited by Howie; 12-26-2016, 08:36 PM.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Howie, you really do like to stick yourself into the middle of stuff, don't you. Global warming is real. Human impact on global warming is real. Seasonal fluctuations in weather, even extreme fluctuations in weather indeed are common, but are not the things used to measure the overall effects of climate change. There indeed have been such fluctuations. But when measured over a global scale, the earth -- not your backyard, or mine, but the earth as a whole, has become warmer. One or two or three degrees change might not seem like much, but again, across the globe, not just in your backyard, a few degrees warmer means the polar ice caps melt, tides get higher and more destructive, storms become more severe, weather patterns get affected in a myriad of ways.

                              Humans part? Maybe not you individually, but human activity collectively, has,caused the earth to warm significantly faster than if humans didn't exist. Human technology has led to the burning of fossil fuels, coal, gas, which emissions destruct the ozone layer. The ozone layer is a sort of filter, blocking Sun's rays from reaching the earth. What happens when suns rays hit the earth? The earth warms. The less ozone, the more warmth. Global warming. Climate change.

                              And when climate changes, the life on earth changes. I've seen it in my lifetime. Crops that used to grow well in some areas of the country don't do as well, because temperatures have changed, affecting their growth. Tides have increased, flooding areas that haven't been flooded before, bringing in salted water where it hasn't before existed. Storms of all kinds, but particularly hurricanes, have increased in intensity. When it's warmer, insect life increases, plant diseases increase, affecting crop production, and the availability of food not just on your table, but for the world. And there are countless other examples I could cite.

                              Global warming is real. Climate change is real. It is not a left-wing progressive conspiracy to embarrass republicans or the blathering idiots at faux news. The vast majority of legitimate scientists verify it. It is measurable. It is real. You might not be be to see it from your bedroom window, but a dip into any scientific journal will explain it.

                              Comment


                                I'm afraid she's right, Howie. A NASA Website (last updated this month) says that 97% of the scientists agree that global warming is real:

                                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...



                                It was one of your cats that wrote your post for you, Howie. That's what I think.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X