Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Time for baby birds!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Sycamore trees have somewhat spiky balls too.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #47
      These are hard shells broken open in halves. They are murder on bare feet.

      I can hear my father, "ANN Louise, put your shoes on." Also, "turn out the light," and "sit up straight."

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #48
        Mom - "Be good and you'll be happy!"

        Comment


          #49
          We have three new baby owls! I hadn't checked this nest in a few days!
          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          Comment


            #50
            Mom is gorgeous! I can hear the little ones peeping.

            Thanks,
            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #51
              Mom looks tired to me. I think I could see one of little ones moving slightly.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #52
                The baby owls are moving around so much that it's hard to tell how many are there but probably three as mentioned before.

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Do you like bats?
                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  Here are some puffins . . . weird birds!
                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Puffins have such unusual eyes!

                    Not sure whether I like bats as I haven't ever known any. They have a reputation to live down but I've heard that they're fascinating if you can get past that reputation.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Puffins are very different birds for sure. Their beaks are so different and colorful and their eyes are unlike any bird I've seen.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        here's a robin nest cam
                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Eagle cams, there are lots of these, but here's a few you may not have seen.
                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Osprey cams
                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          weird place for a nest! Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                          Last edited by nuthatch; 05-16-2017, 04:03 PM.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            watch a hummingbird build a nest!
                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                            I used to watch hummingbirds collecting spider webs on our patio, to use for building their nests!

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Birds nest in the strangest places sometimes. When we were building our house, we had some bird nests started inside and on the outside. After we moved in, I hung a wreath by the front door. A bird immediately built a nest on top of it, so we started using the back door instead, but she eventually abandoned the nest with 3 eggs in it.

                              Every year a dove builds a nest in a hanging plant that hangs right outside my brother's front door. He can't water the plant for awhile.

                              We have had some flycatcher type of bird build a mud nest under the eaves, at the peak of the roof on our garage. It was not a swallow, but just yesterday I saw a swallow swoop in under my covered patio. Swallows love to make their nests under freeway overpasses, especially near the coast. They can be quite a messy problem if allowed to nest under the eaves of houses.

                              Here's a video uf unusual nesting places.
                              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                              Comment


                                #60
                                That's one efficient hummingbird!
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X