The snow is gone (for now), and the grocery-ordering service is back after its 2-week holiday break. So I was able to place an order for groceries over the phone and can look forward to their delivery on Thursday--along with a roll of quarters for the laundry, which they're also willing and able to do on request.
This service is so useful for people around here. I don't know why some cities in the west are designed assuming that everyone has a car when everyone doesn't, and our horses might be too lame to make it to the nearest store.
I have a new next-door neighbor who came over to borrow a cheese grater from me a couple of weeks ago. Time passed, and I was wondering if she was going to be one of those neighbors who borrow things but never return them. But yesterday a young woman came to my door, saying she was this neighbor's daughter, and she just wanted to return the grater. Nice neighbors are important.
This service is so useful for people around here. I don't know why some cities in the west are designed assuming that everyone has a car when everyone doesn't, and our horses might be too lame to make it to the nearest store.
I have a new next-door neighbor who came over to borrow a cheese grater from me a couple of weeks ago. Time passed, and I was wondering if she was going to be one of those neighbors who borrow things but never return them. But yesterday a young woman came to my door, saying she was this neighbor's daughter, and she just wanted to return the grater. Nice neighbors are important.


Comment