Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Oh, Virginia, that sounds terrible! I'm so sorry you have to go through that! How dreadful you have to wait until Friday or later before they can fix it! Maybe a hotel/motel would be a good option?
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

    Comment


      #32
      Virginia, is there any where you could stay? I'm worried about you. Be safe. Please stay in contact as you can.

      I just took an Uber to the closest grocery and a man coming out said, "there's not much food in there." He was right about the fresh vegetables and dairy. Those were not on my list except a cabbage for soup. I got most of what we needed.

      Peter bought ten pounds of salt on his way to work. So if the heat stays on, we are ready.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #33
        Ditto here Virginia. That sounds dangerous at worse, and uncomfortable at best

        Comment


          #34
          Virginia, I hope that the electric heaters will help. I love mine and use it often.

          Howie, it sounds as if you're all set for a while. I should be in that wonderful situation tomorrow if the groceries get here, and no snow is forecast--so I'm hoping.

          Having the power still on and enough supplies to get through for a while is a good feeling. I just hope Virginia and anyone else who is being hit hard by weather will be able to find some problem-solving resources.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #35
            Peter's building is closed tomorrow so he can't go to work. :-) Goodie, goodie.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #36
              Sorry to read so many are being affected by very cold weather. I'm particularly concerned about Virginia with her heating out. Small electric heaters are wonderful but the added electrical draw can blow a breaker or fuse if other lights and items are in use that draw off the same circuit. Appliances, such as the refrigerator & microwave, vacuum, hairdryer, even computers, TVs, ect. can overload a circuit if you're running a small electric heater, thus kicking a breaker or fuse. Even things you don't think about draw electricity . . . chargers, electric toothbrushes, clocks.
              Maybe that kind nephew could share his lovely new home until things get fixed? I don't want you to be cold!

              60 degrees here with a very light drizzle. Hopefully that will put a final end to the Thomas fire, which is still smoldering in some areas. I hope we don't get heavy downpours now, in the burned off areas or we'll be seeing a whole different kind of problem. Seems it's always something!

              Be safe and keep warm everyone.

              Comment


                #37
                We just had an outage before Christmas. We were using a portable electric heater and blew the sockets on that wall. It did not flip the breaker for some reason. Everything plugged in on that wall and the ceiling track lights went out.

                We have plugged the TV and radio in other places and they still work. The two sockets and the ceiling lights do not work. We've been too busy w Christmas and travel to get that done.

                So, yes, be careful w the portable heaters.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #38
                  It must be portable electric heater day. I have two in this room, and they kicked the circuit breaker. I had them both on high, so I turned one to medium, and left the other on high. It's been that way all day, so that must be the maximum. It feels nice in here now, as the outside temps plunge. Stay warm everyone!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Storm is reportedly off Raleigh , NC right now but will hit here over night with heavy snow (10-15 inches) and high winds (35-55 mph) and is being called a snowbama meaning that cyclone force winds are meeting with a heavy fall snow storm. Not sure what to expect but the shovels are at both doors and food is prepared ahead and the gas grill is by the back door and Dave has moved dry fire wood inside.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Snowbama? I've heard it called a bomb cyclone ( Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... ) but that's a new one! Sounds political, kinda like a trumpnado! What next?!!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        And I thought maybe "snowbama" referred to whatever cyclones they may have in Alabama.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I don't think of snow and cyclones together. I think of cyclones as more of a tropical thing, but I'm no expert in such weather terms. I just read that windows are cracking from the extreme cold in some places! check out these pictures Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          just raining here.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Bombogenesis or bomb cyclone: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                            Nuthatch, I hope we don't get cracked windows. We just opened the upstairs bathroom slanted skylight to look out. Snow blew in our faces. Fun. Closed that window!

                            ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Nuthatch, those are stunning photos!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I got cold just looking at them! I didn't get any snow, but it is very cold here.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X