Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: April 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keep on Moving Club: April 2018

    A day early. Tomorrow going up to Mayo, so.....


    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    #2
    I did lift weights today, <24 hours before April.

    Comment


      #3
      Sunshine, thanks for getting us started for April before your trip to Mayo.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Pedometer average for March, based on 27 days: 1175 steps/day, a hundred under the February average but better than several prior months.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          I think it is really a great average!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            with all you have on your plate Sunshine, thanks for keeping this afloat,, good luck,,

            I use my pedal bike,, crunch machine,, try to keep active
            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

            Peg

            Comment


              #7
              For me, keeping active is cooking pasta while sitting in a chair.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                Are those little green men or little green aliens or what, Howie? Whatever they are, they're a nice shade of green. But do they mean well?
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah, those are little green aliens. They're harmless.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Good job everyone.

                    I swam 1/4 mile,@14 minutes today. Resting now

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Glad you are able to be back in the pool.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Good for you Sunshine!
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I went surfing today. The conditions were perfect for me because the waves were forgiving and under waist high. I went with four friends. They all helped me. One friend picked me up at the house drove down with me , wheeled me to the beach and back to the car, drove me home and helped me clean up my gear. The other friends also helped out on the beach. What an amazing crew.

                          It was good to be back in the ocean under gentle conditions. I caught 4 waves and two White water waves. My last was my best ride. It was about thigh high . I did a good job spotting and paddling for it. I got up pretty quickly and had that treat of floating along the face of the wave. That will hold me for several days.

                          I am trying to recover now.

                          But what will hold me for the rest of my life was the generosity of spirit by my surfing crew. That they would cut into their weekend fun so that I could surf was a gift I will always treasure.
                          Last edited by Sunshine; 04-08-2018, 01:43 PM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Such a wonderful gesture Sunshine, but I am sure they all know that you would do the same for them if circumstances were such that you needed to and were physically able to. However, I understand the gratefulness you must feel. It is wonderful to have friends like they are. You all share a love of the ocean and surfing.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              It's so nice when people are supportive and helpful, and it sounds as if it was all done with a good heart, not grudgingly or hastily. It's nice too that you can accept their help. All too often people with MS insist that they can manage by themselves, thankyouverymuch, and then they end up in a disastrous situation where they need far more help than they would have if they'd accepted the offers of help in the first place.

                              This is a mistake I've made all too often--being reluctant to accept help when it was offered.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X