Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: April 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Indeed. I learned that by not accepting help I became isolated because I simply stopped doing things I would’ve done otherwise.

    They’re a good crew!

    Comment


      #17
      I swam 1/4 mile in 15 mins, on top of a doc visit, and the walk to and from the 62F locker room. The rest of the day was spent recovering. Geez, I hate this disease.

      The swimis harder than the surfing because I do so little walking and zero driving for the surfing.

      Comment


        #18
        You may have to do some recovering, but remember Sunshine you are still doing what you love. That is wonderful.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #19
          I throttled back to 10 minutes swim instead of 15 minutes, and I am recovering nicely. Perhaps Mayo was correct when they said to only exercise it 85% and not 100%. 10 minutes is not much for aerobic exercise, but it’s better than nothing.

          There’s just too much other activity necessary in order to swim in the public pool. I do have a small pool in my backyard which I can use this soon as it gets warmer. The pool does not have a heater.

          Comment


            #20
            Swim today was 13 minutes, 400 Yards; some stiffening in shins. Will cut back to 12 minutes. Hard to say if it’s the swim, or shivering in the freezing locker room, or walking from car to pool.

            Comment


              #21
              Pedometer readings for the past week:

              4/8/18 - 1135 steps
              4/9/18 - 803 "
              4/10/18 - 1366 "
              4/11/18 - 2158 "
              4/12/18 - 1265 "
              4/13/18 - 1463 "
              4/14/18 - 1265 "
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #22
                Wow, Agate. What did you do the 2158 day?

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  That must have been the day when I had to keep going back and forth to the laundry room because machines weren't available. Those trips seem short but the steps really add up.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I think you are ready for the Olympics.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Going for the gold! Look for a writeup about me in one of those MS magazines!

                      WOMAN DIAGNOSED WITH MS 38 YEARS AGO DOES 2,158 STEPS IN ONE DAY!

                      --Many trips to and from laundry room made it happen--Personal trainer is "awestruck"
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Love the headline! Go for it Agate! And don’t forget us little people when you rise in the world!

                        Swam 13 minutes today, 1/4 mile, trying to recover. It was only 69F outside but the locker room was cold, as usual.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          lifted weights today for ten minutes.was too chilly to swim.

                          Ordered a table top arm bike today to try to elevate heart rate without using legs.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Today I swam 1/4 mile in 12.5 minutes with no issues so far. Love the first 4 days after IVIG.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Good going, Sunshine. Ride the IVIG wave. ;-)

                              Yesterday I walked to a Laura's to have my hair styled. Then I took the bus up to the center of town and walked to my PMD from there. After the appointment, I stopped in a resale store and bought a beautiful long summer skirt in rayon, my favorite fabric. $5.

                              Then I walked to CVS to pick up an RX. It was like the Twilight Zone. No one in line, 4 people behind the counter and another 4 in the pharmacists' area! And the RX, a statin, was free. Whoa!

                              After that, I walked across the street to the bus stop. The app said the bus would be 14 minutes so I walked all the way home. And I felt great about it. I just needed ice for the right adductor. Simple fix. Worth it!

                              ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Wow Ann! You’re my hero!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X