Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: April 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Today I used my new Drive table top arm peddler that I got from Walgreens. I worked up a sweat and I did it for ten minutes. I do not know if it elevated the heart rate in order to qualify for aerobic exercise.

    You can adjust the tension making it easier or harder to peddle it. Can also use it for legs under Your ur table if you want.

    It costn@$17. Mailed for free.

    Comment


      #47
      Sunshine, can you post a link to this device? I went to Walgreens site, and it's HUGE.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #48
        That armtop peddler sounds like the peddler I had for a while and eventually gave away. It could easily be used as an armtop peddler but getting it to stay put on a countertop was a problem. I could have used that Dycem stuff or some other improvised way of anchoring it down but I got lazy as so often happens and decided I really didn't have room for this item.

        I note that I don't mind yarn piling up around here at all but bring in something that might mean exercise, and suddenly I don't have much room....
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by agate View Post
          I don't have much room....
          Yeah, that's what they all say!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #50
            My neighbor who has an identical apartment did manage to have hers sitting in her living room.

            And I was thinking how easy it might be to trip over it.

            I admit it. I'd have muscular arms by now--muscles rippling in the sunlight, the admiration of everyone far and wide--if I hadn't been too lazy to find a place for that arm peddler.

            Kicked to the curb, it was. And now here I am with my flabby arms.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #51
              Agate, we think alike on that subject. If I had one I am afraid I would forget where I stored it in the attic. It sounds like trouble putting it on the table and trying to get it to stay in place. But then I have to admit Sunshine and you are so much better about exercising. I use to be so good about it, but just kind of gave it up.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #52
                “Drive Medical Exercise Peddler with Attractive Finish ”
                For $17.95.
                It weighs a pound or two. It ships for free.

                I put a blanket on my dining room table, sit down and peddle it with arms. The blanket protects the table and keeps the thing from sliding around. I use it to elevate my heart rate, not to strengthen arms. Free weights can strengthen arms.

                You could put it on floor and peddle it with feet if you want.
                Last edited by Sunshine; 04-23-2018, 01:05 AM.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Swam 1/4 mile today 13 minutes

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Swam 1/4 mile, 13 minutes. Felt good!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      It's wonderful - two days in a row!
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Swam 1/4 mile in 13 minutes. Did well again. Was remarking to DH last night that I feel like I’ve been able to stand longer and that the walk to the pool creates less spasticity and feeling like my bones are fractured. Maybe the last IVIG had better blood donors? Grateful, I am.— Yoda



                        I am surfing Sunday. Forecast is gentle waves...buddies will drive me, wheel me to waters edge. Watch over me in water.

                        There is a FB page for Surfgimp. It was a guy, Jay Liesner, in Delaware, who was a paraplegic. His buddies took him surfing regularly,and stood or surfed right by his side as he glided on face of wave prone. When it became clear that side effects of paraplegia became fatal, they took him on a final surf jaunt to Southern California.

                        He did pass away shortly after getting home, but oh how he lived, touched so many souls and vice versa. They still post on his page.
                        Last edited by Sunshine; 04-26-2018, 07:29 AM.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          riding my horse,this week, which I was so afraid , that it would not happen,,,, but my horse Gnat, was so patient, strapping my legs , belting the saddle,, hey its works,,better then paying 9,000 dollars for a saddle for the disabled..

                          Sunshine you go girl !! this is so cool,,!!
                          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                          Peg

                          Comment


                            #58
                            You ride 'em Mizz Kitty!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Sunshine and Peg, you two ladies are really something. So proud of you both. Glad you are back in the saddle Peg.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Good for Gnat, and good for you, Peg.

                                Must be spring. Cowgirls are saddling up.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X