Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep On Moving Club: June 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good luck in the waiting room, Sunshine.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      Today I swam 20 minutes, 640 Yards. So far, so good.

      The waiting room was rough with a very loud TV that no one was watching. And 15 minutes behind for appointments. Oh well. Such is th life of a professional patient, waiting in rooms with loud TVs!
      Last edited by Sunshine; 06-23-2018, 05:24 AM.

      Comment


        Today I went surfing in ankle to shin high clear ocean! The beach was hot but the water was cool, so it felt great!

        The conditions were so poor, small, so only my group was there! There were bait fish swimming north. A spinner shark leapt out if deep wTer, such a breathtaking sight!

        I stayed on my stomach as it was so shallow. That’s a lot of fun too! To top it off, one of the crew has a birthday, so we celebrated that too!

        Since there was less physicality involved in the paddle outs, I lasted a lot longer than usual. About 100 minutes.

        Like always, I dreaded going last night and this morning, but enjoyed it as soon as my buddy picked me up.

        I find that my pain and severe limitations cause me to feel apart from the scene. Maybe you feel that way too inpublic? Do you?

        Comment


          That is an amazing time, 100 minutes. Glad you got to go and enjoyed it.

          I have to think about your question.

          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            Looked up spinner shark--that must have been an amazing sight:



            Yes, I do feel apart from the scene in public quite often. I've grown so used to it that I hardly realize it but I'm an observer far more than a participant. Partly it's because I know I'm not seeing or hearing well and so I don't trust what I think I hear or see. The chances are that I've heard or seen only some of what really happened.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              I'm a lone wolf......HOOOWL!!!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                Whoa agate— that guy in the water just disappeared.....not good!

                Sometimes the spinners leap straight up in the air!

                Check out this video. This surfer surfs at my beach a lot:

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                Last edited by Sunshine; 06-24-2018, 01:44 PM.

                Comment


                  I feel very much apart from things when I am out.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    I rode my horse tonight,., rode down to our other farm , to check the river out,, and its sad,, heavy rain coming in tomorrow, and Tuesday, our hay field will be under water,,:-{, nice ride,, but I can sure tell , its been a while since I have done this..
                    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                    Peg

                    Comment


                      Funny thing, though, Virginia--I usually don't mind it much that I'm mostly an observer. I can stay out of trouble by keeping my mouth shut, for one thing. And watching other people interact is interesting.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        Glad you rode today, Peg! That’s big progress. Sorry about the anticipated field flooding.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          Peg, it is wonderful that you are on your horse again!

                          Agate, most of the time I don't mind either. With both brothers (which is all the family) moving further away I do feel a bit lonely right now. There is no one to call if I needed them. I never called on them, but I guess it is knowing they were there if I needed to.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            I'm NEAR...I think. I'm in Danville, VA.
                            Last edited by Howie; 06-24-2018, 07:58 PM.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Thanks Howie, you are pretty near. It's not that far from Danville, Va. to Raleigh, N.C. You just need to hop in Pinky and come see me. Oops! I forgot about Sam. She would tear me and my house apart. She would be on my furniture, running up and down the stairs, getting on my kitchen counters, on my dinning room table and scratching on the chairs. Maybe Danville is too far for you to come after all. You can keep me company on the internet. Unless you want to send Sam to Agate for a vacation.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                Howie, just for the heck of it I looked it up and from Raleigh to Danville is 80miles. It said an hour and 20 minutes in light traffic. So it is close. I have a neighbor from Danville and sometime she goes up in the morning and comes back that evening, so I knew it couldn't be too far.

                                You know if everyone else would move around here we could all get together!!!
                                Last edited by Virginia; 06-24-2018, 08:17 PM.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X