Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    #2
    Today I swam 1/2 mile st the public pool and walked over 200 steps to and fro the car, the locker room, the pool. Not to mention dragging a chair into the shade so my meds weren’t in the sun, and into the shower. GEESH.

    I cornered the manager. All kinds of excuses for not putting a placard on the stall that says handicap. So tired of te old “Can’t do” of government employees.

    The loud PA was shouting at my lane. ...Not so good for SPS stiffening. Oh well. At least I can still swim....
    Last edited by Sunshine; 11-01-2018, 12:57 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      Not much longer Sunshine and you will have your very own private pool, but kudos to you for still putting up with this public one until then.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        I walked from the parking at the medical center to the MS center. Lots of walking there. Poorly designed! Fancy but who were they thinking of? Then walking around Wholefoods. Felt great to feel somewhat normal.

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Oh ANN! That is so Terrific!

          I know about those med centers. I have two docs where the car is pretty far from the building! So glad you could do it though!

          Comment


            #6
            Nice going Ann on all that walking.

            I had an appointment here in my house with insurance man and then I went to grocery store. Then yes Ann, I did stop at Panera and got my usual and it was not as good as it usually is for some reason. I also bought some of their mini scones because everything they have is MSG free and I like that. However, the scones tasted like biscuits. If I don't get off Gabapentin soon I will be as big as the side of my house. I don't know how Howie stays on it and just eats one meal a day. I have been hungry every since I went up to my third capsule.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Virginia, the two things I like best from Panera are their Mac n’ cheese and their tuna salad. Scrumptious.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #8
                I will try that next time I go there Ann - thanks!
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  Virginia, I take 6 a day, and it's never affected my weight. I do remember years ago, I tried an antidepressant that I stopped the third week of taking it because of weight gain. Meds do such strange things that are so unexpected sometimes.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Howie, I've got to get this under control, but don't know how to do it. Even when I am full I want to eat. It's crazy. When I am like that I convince myself that just a little more food will not hurt me, and I am steadily gaining. Every pound I gain I've got to loose and that is hard when one cannot get out and walk fast.

                    Like your Avatar. Agate has a nice one too.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I was on a med years ago with known risk of up to 50 lb weight gain. I gained not a pound. Knowing the risk, I studiously counted the calories and dismissed signals of appetite as false. Bummer to have to be so careful. But it paid off.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Today I swim a half miles in 30 minutes. Some stiffening during and after, but okay so far. It’s a lot of walking too, one of th legs is 100 steps. It takes great courage to do this...glad I can still do it....

                        A mover is coming today which means three extra flights....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sunshine, maybe you can rest up before the movers and the stairs?

                          Virginia, my avatar shows the actual cat Agate. The photo was taken back in 2002.
                          Last edited by agate; 11-02-2018, 08:00 AM.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Agate, I was wondering where you got that picture. She is beautiful. I know you hated to loose her.

                            Today I went to get nails done, then to pharmacy to pick up Rxs, The pharmacy is in K-Mart, and I hate walking over K-Mart, but decided I need the ladies room while there so walked to it and back to pharmacy. Then went to Whole Foods. I went through hot bar and got dinner for tonight. I also went through soup bar and got a cup of soup to go with dinner. Then I went to salad bar and got cold foods that I could keep in refrigerator until tomorrow night. The checkout line was long so I had to wait quite awhile. Guess this counts a little bit.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              For me, Virginia, standing takes as much energy as walking. At a bus stop, I check the buss app and if the bus is not coming in less than 5 minutes, I walk.

                              Standing definitely counts.
                              ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X