Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Tweeker, in 20 years, I've had 2 MRIs. One gave me a DX, and the second was to get a Hoveround chair which I've never used. I take none of the MS meds, yet I still walk, and still drive, but do little of both. Please join in often, this is a great group.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #47
      Well, I have done some cleaning today. I still have to vacuum tomorrow.

      After finding a few days ago that I could not get up off the floor in my usual Yoga pose, which I had been doing for many years, I then found that later when I tried again I was able to do it. I think I should try to do it more often rather than pushing up with my arms so that I will not loose that ability to come up on my legs. I also need to try and remember to take bigger steps as I walk down my hall. I use to lengthen my stride by walking up and down my hall. It is small, but still doable. I will try to remember to do that again on a frequent basis.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #48
        Those are good revelations Virginia,

        I swam at house, 77.5 F pool, 80 air, sunny, in neoprene., 1/2 mile, 30 minute.
        This move highlights how very impaired I am on land. DH reminds me, “You don’t have to pack. Your job is to take care of yourself.”

        Comment


          #49
          Sunshine, I hope your DH keeps on saying that!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #50
            Today I went up and down stairs bringing laundry to and from the second floor to the cellar. I had to go to the cellar 3 times to get 2 loads done. I also loaded and ran the dishwasher. That’s enough for today.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #51
              Sounds like a workout to me, ANN.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #52
                Yes Ann, you did really good today with all those steps to go up and down. I hope you are eating as much as you can.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #53
                  Virginia, thank you.

                  I have learned to eat mostly protein and to eat every three hours while awake. I am a lot more comfortable that way. I don’t eat bread because it is too much volume and so I have Saltines instead.

                  I found this list of things that have more protein than an egg and eat many of these things and poached eggs:

                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  I have gone from a low of 139 back up to 141.6 pounds as of this AM. It takes work.
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Ann, this is a good list to have. Many of these foods I eat and there were some I never heard of. As far as eating every 3 hours, that is exactly what I was told was what we were suppose to do way back when my husband had stomach cancer. So you are doing it right. I just found it hard back then because I thought I needed to fix 6 meals a day in addition to taking care of him in every other way.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Those peanuts might be even better with some chocolate, of course...


                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Add some Caramel to that mix, and you have a Baby Ruth bar.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #57
                          I walked to get my hair done today, 6 blocks round trip. It felt fine. I also went to Wholefoods w Peter tonight and walked around there.

                          We go to Wholefoods because it is in our neighborhood. We used to have a food co-op that was 2 blocks away but it closed.
                          ;-(

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #58
                            I went to the shop where my hairdresser works today. Monday when I got my hair cut I saw a lot of Christmas wreaths hanging all over the place. There are different rooms there. I bought one and I went back to pick it up when I could carry a check. A girl makes them and hangs them for people to buy. They say she has sold a lot and I can believe it. She does a beautiful job. They had already put a sold tag on mine and another lady wanted to buy it, so the girl is making another one just like it.

                            Then I went to Harris Teeter and grocery shopped. Then I went to K-Mart and picked up medicine. Then I drove threw drive in at Chick-Fil-A and got a soup and salad for my dinner. I had wanted to go to Whole Foods and get a salad there, but traffic was so heavy and it was just a little harder to get in to so I didn't go there.

                            I came home and it took 3 trips from the car to get everything in the house.

                            Ann, that is still not like walking six blocks. Very proud of you.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Nice going ANN and Virginia

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Step counts:

                                11/2 - 1209 steps
                                11/3 - 1016 "
                                11/4 - 760 "
                                11/5 - 779 "
                                11/6 - 1142 "
                                11/7 - 1524 "
                                11/8 - 1479 "
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X