Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On Nov. 15 Sunshine said that it might be a few weeks before she could be back online. It could be a while yet.

    I hope she's finding life a bit easier about now, with grab bars in place right where she wants them to be.

    EDITED TO ADD: Speak of the devil! Sunshine has appeared among the users online at the bottom of the page. Welcome back, Sunshine!
    Last edited by agate; 11-27-2018, 01:17 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      I did vacuum downstairs today. However, I did a little faster job than usual. I usually spend an hour on it and today I only spent 40 to 45 minutes.
      Virginia

      Comment


        An hour spent vacuuming should count for something, IMO. I don't spend that long vacuuming (small place, lazy vacuumer) but if I did, I'd have a couple of rest breaks.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          These are all very impressive stories! And, Susie Q, you will never regret taking charge of your health as best as MS allows you to.

          I am not doing much of any exercise at all right now. I am trying to get out of this latest stiff person syndrome player which has been god awful. But I have hope that within a couple of days it will stabilize and I can start using the pool again.

          I will never go back to the county pool, which is a shame because it’s a beautiful facility. However, I know longer can even do the walking from the car to the pool. My house pool is just about ready. They are tweaking some flaws. Also, husband house to pick up the pool cover at the store so that the heater can work properly. We have had two very cold days in a row Here.

          Comment


            Every day, but Sunday:

            1500-1800 steps
            80 knee ups
            Squats
            80 situps (every other day)
            80 wall pushups
            30/side clam shells
            30/side leg lifts

            Going to add arm curls next. ANN, any PT exercises that you particularly like?
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

            Comment


              Suze-Q, you are doing so great. All of this is wonderful. You will get stronger and stronger.
              Virginia

              Comment


                Yes, SuzE-Q, I do have some favorites. Let me see if I can find online pictures.

                The PT said the most important was the sit to stand without using hands. It strengthens legs and core.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  This is the one I enjoy and need as I am lacking in the glute department. Glute Bridges:

                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  See also the glute bridge without ball below in Agate’s post.

                  I am not doing any of my exercises as I need to gain weight and not burn calories. I am going to try to do some things that aren’t real active.
                  ANN
                  Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-29-2018, 05:00 PM. Reason: Link did not work
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Sit to Stand (no hands):

                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      I just got my exercise. I went to the store, made it back and was headed for the kitchen, and fell hard, right on my bottom. After sitting on the floor a minute, I did the butt crawl to infront of the fridge, and used a table chair to help me stand up.

                      I walked about half way to this room, but it was dark, so I sat down on the floor again, and butt crawled back to the bed, and pulled myself up on it. I was lucky, and didn't do any damage to anything but my pride.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Glad you weren’t hurt, Howie, and glad you are strong enough to get up with a prop (furniture).

                        I think I will never forget that our Sally could not get up one summer day when her AC went out and she couldn’t reach her cell phone.

                        ANN
                        Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-29-2018, 04:50 PM.
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          ANN, I can't seem to get to the glute bridges video you posted but was wondering if this is the same exercise:

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          This is one of the exercises I have to do 20 times each day. I'm not very good at it.

                          Howie, I'm glad no damage was done when you fell. Maybe slow down a bit sometimes? There's usually no big rush, right?

                          Since you're invisible, the mother hens around here have absolutely no way of knowing much about how you're doing.

                          Did I hear you say you like it that way?
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            The Glute Bridge is just called The Bridge in Kripalu Yoga. I use to enjoy doing that one. I am going to start doing the one that is the sit to stand. I don't know why I stopped that one. I never did do The Bridge crossing my leg. I should start trying to do both of those again. Agate, like you I am no longer good at The Bridge.


                            Howie, that is not the proper way to do your exercise. I do hope you know that and as Agate said just slow down. I hope you are not sore later from that.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              Yes, Agate, that’s a good version of the glute bridge, thank you.

                              After a while doing that, the next step was to do it using an exercise ball.
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                Ann, I tried that using a ball "one" time. My balance is just not good enough to do anything at all with the balls. But if your balance is good enough I think they would be a good way and also it makes it a little more interesting.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X