Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: November 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Agate, I love reading your step
    numbers!



    This morning I swam at home and the pool was 77°, but it was sunny out and warm. I swim a half mile in 30 minutes. I love my swim!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 11-10-2018, 08:58 AM.

    Comment


      #62
      Today I went to lunch w Peter and MIL and ate half a turkey sandwich w tomato and arugula. It sat like a stone in my stomach for hours. I must stay off bread.

      Next we went to Job Lots, Stop & Shop and the Dollar Tree. Tonight I am good and tired but it felt so good to do some normal things.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #63
        Lots of places to go and walk around Ann. No wonder you are tired. When you see your Doc ask him about bread. It might be the kind you are eating. The sandwich sounded good.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #64
          Like Howie, I probably need extra cover tonight. Sleep well Howie. I have had gas logs on since 5 this afternoon.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #65
            And I had Sam in the bed keeping me warm.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #66
              My pedometer stopped working a while ago, need to buy another.

              Been trying to roughly count or estimate my steps.

              Does anyone know if a "step" refers to a single step/stride, or if 1 = one for each leg, so 2 actual strides?
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

              Comment


                #67
                Today motion is pushing the R2D2 wheels, occasional stand hourly, walked about a hundred steps, had to do a flight stairs twice. Trying to recover from spasm.mostlysit and lie down. Moving at end of week.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Every time a foot hits the ground counts as a step. Stride length is different and has to be calculated unless you have a device that does it for you. Some of the FitBit devices do that, I think. My pedometer just counts steps.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Thank you, agate!
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Sunshine, glad you are taking care of yourself.

                      Today Peter and I went to a pet supply store for cat food; LLBean for a sale; and a really big Whole Foods for a few things and hot food. I got some turkey for tomorrow w a tablespoon of dressing and a tiny bit of gravy. I also got cut fresh fruit:pineapple, watermelon, strawberries and cantaloupe. Just 2 squares of each and I won’t eat it all at the same time.

                      Lots of walking. Done for the day.
                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Well, my body has officially started falling apart (funny to say that given how long I've been dealing with MS!), so I've realized that, while doing nothing may allow my MS symptoms and limitations not to be in my face all the time and I can pretend many of them don't exist, what it is doing instead is letting the rest of my body go to pot and causing even more issues that I can't ignore if I care at all about my quality of life.

                        So, concerted movement is now on my agenda to see if I can turn this trend around.

                        Yesterday:

                        1250 steps
                        60 knee ups
                        squats
                        60 sit ups
                        50 wall pushups
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                        Comment


                          #72
                          SuzE-Q, that’s a great plan and good work. Chocolate for you, your favorite kind.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #73
                            SuzE-Q, you're ready for a medal of some kind--I hope that the chocolate ANN is sending will make all of that exercise more tolerable.

                            Playing music while doing exercises can be helpful, I think.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Suze-Q, that is a great agenda. You are off to a really good start. Good for you!

                              Today I dusted up the bannisters and all over upstairs. Then I vacuumed all over downstairs. Now I will peel a potato for dinner. Eating leftover meatloaf from SIL.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Thanks, Virginia, agate, and ANN!

                                Agate, I only do exercise in increments, so really can't incorporate music as part of it, as much as I agree that it helps.

                                But, I do find I do much more if I split it up, I'm glad for the research that showed it's as effective as in one single session.
                                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X