Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunshine, you just came up with what is at the bottom of most everything. I will second Howie's Amen!
    Virginia

    Comment


      I am trying to feel like it is Christmas. I am playing some of my Christmas CDs. I do have some that were gifts that are really pretty. I never play all of them because it is too much Christmas music for me.
      Virginia

      Comment


        If it weren't for Sam dressing up in her Santa Clause outfit, I wouldn't even know it was Christmas.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          Jeanie, please see a doctor if the pain and symptoms continue.

          Unexplained sharp pain and an increase in symptoms should always be reviewed. Please don't do more than you feel able. So glad you asked for help. Stress is not our friend and we need to actively avoid it, where possible. Please take care of yourself.

          I'm so sorry for those who have lost loved ones recently, or are missing those who aren't present.

          It really bothers me that the holidays can be so difficult for so many, especially when it's presented as a time where everyone SHOULD be happy.

          I hate that it only magnifies the division between the haves and the have nots in society and a certain portion feel like they need extra handouts, while those handing out can feel good about their generosity. I hate that some parents feel like they will disappoint their children when they can't afford the gifts, while they work extra shifts just to give them a good meal and gifts at all.

          I think somewhere along the line, the spirit of the holidays went awry for so many, often by the stress, or sense of loneliness or expectation that the season brings.

          Virginia, holiday music always helps me feel good too!
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment


            Well, my nephew still has the Christmas spirit of giving. He just brought me a plate of food, and a gift. A scented candle which I set on the nightstand, and it doesn't even need to be burned, the whole room smells good.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              Howie, glad you will be eating good and probably healthy tomorrow and maybe Christmas Day. Please don't light the candle. If you do all the hens will begin to cluck again starting with me. Besides if it smells good without being lit you shouldn't burn it up.

              I am going to get ready for bed. Good night all.

              Suze-Q good to see you.
              Virginia

              Comment


                Good night Virginia, good night John-Boy........
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  Suze, this is so well stated re Xmas. There is no “Christ” in xmas........

                  Right, we do some charitable work “in the spirit of xmas”, and then go right on with excess despite the glaring needs in front of us in our community and world wide.

                  Christ weeps. And the pope, has all that wealth and glitter surrounding him as he talks about the need for charity etc

                  Comment


                    Yes, the point of Christmas has certainly been clouded over by all of the commercial emphasis. Everyone is encouraged--pressured, some would say--to spend a lot of money. And the rich food and liquor are plentifully supplied, along with a lot of glitter.

                    Before there was Christmas, LONG before, there were solstice celebrations, and Christmas was originally a solstice celebration with the Christian message tacked onto much more ancient rituals. But it's still a message that those who call themselves Christians seem to forget about. Part of the message is that it's "more blessed to give than to receive," for instance. I'm lucky enough to know people who haven't forgotten that. Many of them aren't practicing Christians either. I just wish others could be so lucky.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      Agate, I got your Christmas card today. Thank you very much, and you have a great Christmas!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        When I knew the addresses, I sent a holiday card to people here but I didn't know many addresses. I'm sorry I couldn't send a card to everyone here. Happy holidays to all!

                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          :) Merry Christmas everyone! All the family and friends came at 4 yesterday. I was in a lot of pain in my knee. Andy's Torre came at 3:30 and helped set the table.

                          Andy had come at noon and gotten the china and crystal out and washed and dried them. I made the ambrosia with mandarin oranges and coconut and we put it in the crystal glasses.

                          Torre made macaroni and cheese and corn souffle. Andy had the honey baked ham ready and he made cauliflour, broccoli and carrot veggies. We had Hawaiian rolls. For dessert we had eggnog, pecan and pumpkin pies.

                          My stomach did not feel great before dinner and I only ate about half of what was on my plate, but I felt very ill. I had taken Ibuprophin for my knee and I think that is what made me ill.

                          After dinner everyone opened their stockings and exchanged gifts. I got a new set of sheets and a comforter and some Estee Lauder powder. Liz and Jim did the dishes. Liz wanted to play Rummy tile after everyone left. I felt so bad I had to tell her I needed to go to bed. Jim took a plate home for Matt as he had to work. Liz and Pete took plates home too. Still a lot of food left in the refrigerator.

                          I went to bed at 8 PM and slept until 1 PM today. I was up for 2 hours and then took a two hour nap.

                          I have been taking the Advil with Tums and the pain is lessened in my knee. Also I am heating food for dinner.

                          We were all going to Jim's church service at 4 today but I begged off. Jim will have brunch in the morning and we will go to that. Even though I felt bad it was nice to have everyone here.

                          I hope all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Jeanie :)

                          Comment


                            Merry Christmas.

                            I hope you feel better, Jeanie.

                            I didn’t feel strong enough to do Christmas Eve w Peter and MIL (church, Chinese restaurant and presents back at her house). I need to save my energy for the airports tomorrow. Today was packing.

                            We will be at Mom’s for a week.

                            Good news, I gained a pound! The shortbread cure!
                            ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                            Comment


                              Thinking of you all tonight and wishing you all the joy, hope and wonder of the season!
                              We will be alone this year. Both of our children and their families are spending Christmas with their in-laws. Son and his family plan to come up on the 28th, then again in mid January, when our daughter and family can come also. I keep stressing to both of my kids, the importance of getting together so that the young children (Tula & Everett) will know each other and hopefully have a closeness or bond to treasure throughout their lives. Both families live so far apart, it's difficult to get together.

                              So Christmas is a bit delayed and prolonged this year. We finally broke down and bought our first artificial Christmas tree. We are decorating it tonight with many of my mother's (and grandmother"s) very old ornaments, and will keep it up until after our delayed Christmas celebration in January. Feeling filled with bittersweet memories tonight.

                              Worrying about Virginia driving home from her brother's house. Hope she checks in soon.
                              Last edited by nuthatch; 12-24-2018, 09:06 PM. Reason: sp

                              Comment


                                Hello fellow warrior! WE are all doing what we can during this holiday season. Jeanie, you had a full Christmas, modified by your knee problems, and pain. You have grit to do this

                                ANN , have a good trip, don’t overdo it! Or as my mom said, “Don’t be a big shot, put on a coat”.

                                Too much to type to the rest of us, ....we are all doing what we can. We are heroic in our efforts to live amidst such trauma.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X