Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What a really wonderful and thoughtful thing for her to do Cat. I guess we all need to pass it on in whatever measure we can, if not money then even in kind words or a kind deed. That is what life should be about.
    Virginia

    Comment


      way cool Cat,, that's paying it forward,, we helped a snowmobiler a couple years ago, in January,, he kept waving , he was so stuck in a snowdrift,, Joe waded out there, and helped him pull out,,said people waved back and no one stopped,, he tried to pay Joe,, Joe said to pay it forward,,it could happen to anyone

      Christmas we were alone,, Saturday, we have a late Christmas,, with the kids and grandkids, and who ever else shows up,,lol,, lasagna, garlic toast/ strawberry shortcake cake,,,,thats plenty,,

      and we are raining right now,,

      later then
      Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 12-26-2018, 09:53 AM.
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        I just ate leftovers from the plate of food my nephew brought over, and I will be able to eat from it tomorrow! Three meals from one plate, not bad!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          My guess is he has overheard his folks talk about concerns for David and concerns for Chriel What a great opportunity to jump in and praise him for his concern about Cherie, and wishto help outs and to reassure him that things are changing but Cherie will be okay,

          Comment


            I just went to the store, and still have $20 left, so I can go one more time before payday.

            I used the coin counting machine. It really saves me at the end of the month. It's never much, but every penny counts when you're broke.

            Everyone have a great day!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              My new car is in the shop to get the front end damage taken care of. Insurance pays all but $500.

              The Senior Citizen remark was funny and had the entire house laughing. Not disrespectfully stated...just with a twinkle in the eye. And no, I was not letting him win.

              I just mailed Dave's mom's last 8 dolls to our niece in IL. She is the last girl in her direct line with none of the dolls and she doesn't know they are coming. The size of box plus the value of the contents (extra insurance) meant postage was nearly $70! UPS would have been about the same. However, the value of the contents of the package was close to $500 (or priceless...whichever way you want to look at it).

              Cat,
              I am grateful you got a free Christmas dinner. We are celebrating Sunday afternoon and I am taking David out for dinner at a local seafood eatery right on the salt pond where their oyster beds are on Saturday night. It is his birthday then.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
                The strangest but wonderful thing happened to us: our friends were coming for Christmas t inner, so we went grocery shopping on Sunday. Bought a ham, need tenderloin and other stuff a hundred dollars worth of groceries. We got in line behind a young woman. She paid for her groceries...then ran her credit card again, and paid for ours we were stunned! We don't know who she was or why she did that, but enjoyed our free D inner
                Not only did it make your day, I bet it made her day too , to be so generous, anonymously. I did something like that and for weeks, I was walking on air, knowing I made a difference in a young guys life.

                Comment


                  Blue Cross is not going to pay for the Xifaxan without proof that I actually have SIBO so I need to schedule the test for when I return.

                  The Kohl’s return was easy today and I bought 3 long sleeved tees and 1 turtle neck top in a size smaller than I usually wore. I looked around a bit but lost energy and we came home instead of going to a second store. We also nixed dinner out and Peter made pasta with fresh mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and parm at home. Of course, I did not eat it.

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Ann, so sorry you are still having such a difficult time. I am sure your Mom is concerned. Peter's dinner sounds good, even to me who is not a vegetarian.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      55 degrees, windy and LOTS of rain today. Street flooding. We have puddles 3-4" deep in the back yard, driveway and streets. This much rain, if it were snow, would be a lot of accumulation. Car is back but the lane departure assist and automatic high beams are not working so they must not have reset the radar when putting it back together. Will have to go back and get it taken care of after the first of the year.

                      David just came in ( a good hour earlier than he normally does) and is napping on the couch.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        That gives hope in humanity. There are some good people out there, we just don't hear about them enough.

                        I just went to CVS and picked up one med. I get the rest of them on the 3rd. Then tomorrow, I go to the grocery store one last time before the 3rd. Then I get paid, and start it all again.

                        Everyone have a great day!
                        Looks as if the 3rd will be the day. At least that's what the MySocialSecurity Website is saying.

                        It's very difficult to get at that Website. It rejected my login three times, then kicked me out for 24 hours, and when I went back once again I had to get a security code by e-mail and enter it before I could look at my information.

                        A person can feel very very secure at the Social Security Website!
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          I tried it one time, and gave up. Life's too short!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            CVS, or especially my doctor, has left me to run out of one med. I figured it out today. I have one BP med I'm supposed to take 4 a day. 2 and two, twice a day. Well, I now have enough to take one a day.

                            I called my doctor's office today and told them. They were supposed to let my doctor know. She wasn't in today, so I heard nothing back. It looks like I will just run out, then get a refill on the 6th.

                            This is a med she originally prescribed 2 per day, then after an office visit, and it was still high, said 4 per day, and wrote it on the bottle. But did anyone inform CVS? I don't think so.

                            No ill effects so far, and I have a doctor's appointment on the 4th, so I'll get it straightened out then.

                            It's always something!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Howie, I'm pretty sure doctors (or their assistants) are supposed to respond to calls about problems like yours even during off-hours.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                I hope so, but I still have one or two BP meds I'm taking. It was just still high on those. I'm prepared to go without, and just let it be high until I can get that prescription filled. I will also cancel the visit on the fourth, since it's no use checking it if I'm out of the last BP med she prescribed.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X