Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2019: Keep on moving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Thanks! The grandson is specializing in hair at this point--and has quite a few teeth.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #47
      Mizz Joanie,, he sure is a cutie !!

      Spent sometime with my grandkids today,,which I enjoy a lot,, played cards, ate,, laughed,,card party,, we had dispite the weather,, lots of food,, and sent a lot home,,weather is rainy and very windy,,and icey,,

      later then
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        #48
        So lucky to have precious grandchildren to baby :)

        Comment


          #49
          Today I swam 20 minutes, 693 yards. So far so good.

          Comment


            #50
            Agate, you sure did do a lot of work. It makes me feel lazy. You are smart.

            Love that picture of your grandson. He definitely is growing into a cutie.

            Sunshine, that is really good yardage for your 20 minute swim today. Good for you.

            Peg, so glad you finally got to have your card party and also to have fun with the grandkids.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #51
              At 6:30 a.m. I swam 20 minutes, 603 yards. I have been moving the better leg in a light kick lately because otherwise the legs sink, which stresses the lower back during freestyle...DH took off the pool cover...then went to a doc appt., stopped at produce stand, and resting now...

              Comment


                #52
                My legs are working better today than yesterday ... So random.

                I swam 603 yards, 20 minutes, then grocery store. I was able to do a fair amount of standing putting the groceries home! Cooking up chicken for this weeks lunches, and Resting now.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Good morning for you Sunshine!
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Step counts according to the pedometer:

                    3/3 - 1398 steps
                    3/4 - 1019 "
                    3/5 - 1032 "
                    3/6 - 1018 "
                    3/7 - 1375 "
                    3/8 - 981 "
                    3/9 - 1065 "
                    3/10 -1041 "
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Agate, very good step count.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Good numbers again agate!!

                        Comment


                          #57
                          on March 12, 14 and today I swam 20 minutes, 603 yards. It feels so good to be in the water. As soon as am in, the sensation of the water reduces the pain in my skin and it diverts attention away from stiffness if its not intense.

                          Loved re reading Pegs post on activity with the grandkids :)

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Every movement helps:

                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                            Now, new research published in JAMA Network Open shows just how impactful any type of movement can be. Compared to women who get less exercise, those who get lots of light physical activity may have up to a 42% lower risk of dying from coronary problems, such as heart attacks, and a 22% lower risk of developing cardiovascular disease, the study says.

                            Light activity includes “most of the movements of daily life,” says study co-author Andrea LaCroix, a professor and chief of epidemiology at the University of California, San Diego. Walking around, getting dressed, checking the mail, pruning the garden and doing dishes all count. “Those are examples of daily life activities that we don’t think of as exercise, but we spend a lot of time doing them and they involve movement,” LaCroix says. “We traditionally haven’t included them in our definition of physical activity. That’s why this research is really paradigm-shifting.”
                            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Suze-Q, that is really good news for me. I do some light physical activity around the house, but not something I would post as exercise.

                              Today I did my little leg and arm exercises one time and then I starched and ironed 3 blouses. I had some blue jeans that I had washed and wanted to iron, but forgot. Will have to do them later.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #60
                                It is exercise though, Virginia. Just moving around indoors is exercise.

                                Today I didn't go out at all but yesterday I cleaned out the freezer part of the refrigerator, a project that involved removing part of it with a screwdriver, then replacing the screws, which were rusty and not the easiest things to put back in place. Today I cleaned the stove top. I did the oven the other day. The stove top always is a challenge because some of the burners are hard to put back, and today I had a struggle to get them back. It was a bit of a strain on my right arm, pushing and twisting them until they were in right.

                                These jobs didn't add much to my step count but I feel they were exercise. I was at least on my feet and moving around. My natural inclination is probably to sit or lie down most of the time, I hate to admit. Not good.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X