Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: May 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keep on Moving: May 2019

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important— it doesnt have to be “exercise”!

    #2
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    We could def write something similar about “surfing” or any movement at all, as middle to golden years MS people.

    Comment


      #3
      hey Sunshine,, good post,, I have been using my crunch machine,, 120 reps,, and no stopping,, I feel it if I don't use it,, { a bad day },,I usually do it in the am,, because who knows what the rest of the day will be like,,also trying to use my UPWalker more to make my legs stronger,,jury is still out , if I am still riding,, we will see,,
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        #4
        hey Sunshine,, good post,, I have been using my crunch machine,, 120 reps,, and no stopping,, I feel it if I don't use it,, { a bad day },,I usually do it in the am,, because who knows what the rest of the day will be like,
        This is super impressive, Peg! And doing this in the morning is smart. I tend to put off exercise until late in the day because somehow just about everything else needs to be done first.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Peg, kudos to you. You are doing great!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Swam 800 yards 25 minutes.
            Folded down seats in car and put down surf board bag. Put board on Lowe shelf so I can wax it sittin

            Comment


              #7
              Just finished roughing up the old wax and putting a fresh swipe of a coat on it for Sunday.
              Called the ranger and reserved R2D2 for dawn Sunday.

              Comment


                #8
                Agate, I usually only do my exercises late in the day because I am stronger then than earlier in the day for some reason. I am exact opposite of Sunshine and Peg in that regard.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  But the same in perseverance!

                  Today I swam 880 yards, just short of 1/2 mile, 25 minutes. Cautiously I emerged from the pool >Doing fine now.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sunshine, I prefer C3P0 over R2D2. He's better company, but he talks a little too much.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Today I swam 1/2 mile in 26 minutes.Then I went to grocery store and resting now. I have been doing better; maybe becasue UTIs have resolved...after resting, will put surf board into car for tomorrow. And pack up surf bag, plan for Ativan and Valium if emergency at ocean. Try to keep out of ER. Hope for pain, but no spasms.

                      Still hoping to go to beach tomorrow and (gasp) surf—first time since October, Used to go 2 times weekly...miss it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I sure hope you are proud of what you have accomplished today, Sunshine. I am.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The rest of the day has been overwhelming. I underestimated the work in getting ready, finding the stuff, remembering it, making lists, packing up meds for car and for beach, packing up the car with all the gear. I am beat. If it were today, I would have to bail. Let’s see how I feel in the morning.

                          DH was not home today, doing his hobby. He didn’t get to see the collapse...mental and physical. Just too much to think about, worry about, Gotta do some meditation.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ohhhhmmmmmmmmmm......
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              My average step count for April: 1,153 steps/day--based on 25 days

                              The pedometer was acting up on some days. I read through the comments about it on the Amazon Website and I guess pedometers are quirky things.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X