Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: May 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Ann, watch out for the Cellar Dweller!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #62
      That is stunning ANN— youre a poster child for Copaxone.

      I swam 1/4 mile in 15 minutes. Still don’ttrust Legs after those massive spasms Mon-Tues.

      Comment


        #63
        I understand why you are not trusting your legs, Sunshine, but glad you felt secure enough to get back in the pool.

        I definitely over did it yesterday. I woke up w very sore calf muscles. I iced them and took ibuprofen.

        Today I did the 6 block round trip to my Friday salon.
        ANN
        Last edited by stillstANNding; 05-18-2019, 05:34 AM.
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #64
          Ann, you get the gold stars this week.

          I am beat!!! I went out to get my eyeglasses adjusted. I saw some more that I kind of liked so I stayed in there looking and thinking about getting them for awhile, which I did not do. Then I went to the grocery store, came home and unloaded car which took two trips out to parking lot and back, then went to a neighborhood restaurant and got food for tonight. After eating I moved some thing around in the house because my carpet is to be cleaned tomorrow. I still have more to do. That was my exercise to today.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #65
            I worked some more to get ready for carpet cleaners tomorrow. Now I am really beat, and it will be 1AM before I get to bed.

            Oh, what I wanted to tell y'all is that in taking drawers out of a little chest that sits in my living room and then moving the chest, I found the book for the stretch out strap like Linda has. I have had one for a long time, but couldn't find the book that came with it, but it was under the little chest and not in one of the drawers.

            Maybe if my dizziness gets a little better I might be able to do some of the exercises. Stretching is so good.
            Last edited by Virginia; 05-17-2019, 08:33 PM.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #66
              Yesterday I ran the stick vacuum around and was astonished at the amount of dust that had accumulated. I'm breathing much better now and have less hoarseness and coughing since the vacuuming.

              Today I "mopped" the kitchen and bathroom floors with disposable mop attachments for the Mr. Clean gadget that is like a Swiffer. I don't have to drag out a bucket and fill it with water this way.

              I also did laundry today. And my usual exercises and walking though the pedometer isn't in an accurate mood today.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #67
                Gold starts all around!

                Perhaps you have had a dust mite allergy all along agate. Try to stay on top of your dusting, as your body allows...might be good to wear a mask when you dust also...

                Comment


                  #68
                  Today I swam 666 yards in 22 minutes. Still being cautious in light of spasticity and r/o UTI...

                  Comment


                    #69
                    I was tired this morning, but I finished up doing last minute things to get ready for the carpet cleaning. In about two more hours I will move everything back to where it belongs. Nice young man that came, but somewhat expensive. I did have a protectant put on so that ran the price up a little.

                    Agate, you have been really on the ball with all that housework and laundry and exercise.

                    Sunshine, glad you are not pushing it too hard right now.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #70
                      I look impressively ambitious but I had to catch up on the housework and laundry just now because next week is apt to be a bit busy. I have to go to the optician about new glasses--and to complain about the glasses I got there last year, which have always been too painful to wear. They supposedly adjusted them for me once but the adjustment didn't work over the long haul. I can wear them for about half an hour, and after that they hurt my nose. They wear the skin away and pinch so that there are raw red places on my nose. I'm hoping they can get it right this time.

                      Some time early in the week, the building maintenance is coming in to finish up two sheetrock repair jobs they started a while back.Arrangements will have to be made for them to be coming and going here with dropcloths and paint buckets and so on.

                      Not sure how much of this there will be but I wanted to be caught up on the jobs around here for a while just in case this drags on.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        720 yards. 23minutes. Today.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Today I swam 720 yards in 22 minutes, drove to chiro, then did my grocery shopping, had to walk about 100 steps from car to store and that went fine. Had help at home unloading. Will rest now for a while before making a meal

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Sunshine between you and Ann the rest of us are kind of being left at the starting gate. You are working back up again.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Step counts:

                              5/14/19 - 1394 steps
                              5/15/19 - 1115 "
                              5/16/19 - 1275 "
                              5/17/19 - [pedometer problem]
                              5/18/19 - 1011 steps
                              5/19/19 - 1335 "
                              5/20/19 - 1104 "
                              5/21/19 - 1291 "
                              5/22/19 - 1138 "
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Wow, I think you are getting stronger! Keep it up!
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X