Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    Received a call from my former husband. This was my 2nd husband with whom I have remained close friends. Like me, he never remarried. He went with a lady in Wilmington, NC where he now lives, but did not marry her.

    Anyway, he now has Hospice coming to his house, which I think we all know what that means. He is 6'2" tall and weighs 119 pounds. This is looking real bad and he knows it. He told me that I was on the list to be called so that I would not have to hear about it in some other way.

    in spite of the fact that we divorced and the 3 1/2 year marriage was extremely stressful, I have always held him in high regard as far as his character is concerned. He has me as well. This is quite a blow. I knew he was not well, but I was not expecting this. I am very sad.
    Things just might not be so bleak as you think, though. I've known of people who've been in hospice but come out of it alive and kicking. I'm not sure how that has happened but assume they unexpectedly took a turn for the better.

    I hope he'll be one of those lucky ones.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      Howie, you can register with a new name. It doesnt have to be a real name, on FB. See what happens.

      This new Flomax may be helping, but it is also giving me pressure headache and sinus stuffiness. Not good. Am prone to sinus infections which IVIG kept under control ... its like the game dominoes.

      Comment


        Sunshine, I just went and registered again, but used my first name, and all the other info was made up. They accepted it, I got in, but it's the same thing I got before. There were no posts to click on or read.

        I tried, but that's enough. I'm now thinking of just stopping the Internet service I have. It costs me $50 a month, and it's just not enough return for the cost. I'm looking into free Internet services.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          Howie, what about US? The internet is how you get to us!!!

          And I might add how we get to you. How would you look things up? Suppose you wanted to do something and didn't know how, how would you find out if you couldn't get to the internet or Agate?
          Last edited by Virginia; 06-28-2019, 01:14 PM.
          Virginia

          Comment


            Howie, it's good for you to be chasing some hens around the yard. Good exercise, and challenging!

            Please say that this is just a bizarre thought of yours and you didn't really mean it. I'm pretty sure there's a way to get your Facebook back the way it was, posts and all.
            Last edited by agate; 06-28-2019, 03:58 PM.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Stop your clucking. There are ways to get here without have a service provider. I've done it before.

              I talked to my brother, and got some computer advice. I've defragmented it, and loaded Google Chrome. I'll see how it goes.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                Hi friends. I'm here, just not much to say these days. Glad to hear you're doing better, Jeanie.
                Looking forward to my son, his wife and Everett coming on the 4th. We will celebrate Everetts 3rd birthday a little early, while they are here. Excited to see the little man!
                We will also celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary on the 3rd. Where does the time go? As I age, it just goes faster and faster.

                Sorry to read about your ex, Virginia. It must be painful for you. Hugs.

                All our pretty poppy flowers are gone and the plants have dried up and gone to seed, so we're in the process of pulling them out. The quail family are out there kicking around for the seeds, making a mess of the walkway daily. The chicks have grown, I will post a picture on the bird thread.

                Thinking of Cat, Sunshine, Rose, and all who are struggling. Hugs to you all.

                Joan

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  Stop your clucking. There are ways to get here without have a service provider. I've done it before.

                  I talked to my brother, and got some computer advice. I've defragmented it, and loaded Google Chrome. I'll see how it goes.
                  And of course the first thing you did was to clear the cache?

                  I'm a fan of Google Chrome.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
                    Hi friends. I'm here, just not much to say these days. Glad to hear you're doing better, Jeanie.
                    Looking forward to my son, his wife and Everett coming on the 4th. We will celebrate Everetts 3rd birthday a little early, while they are here. Excited to see the little man!
                    We will also celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary on the 3rd. Where does the time go? As I age, it just goes faster and faster.

                    Sorry to read about your ex, Virginia. It must be painful for you. Hugs.

                    All our pretty poppy flowers are gone and the plants have dried up and gone to seed, so we're in the process of pulling them out. The quail family are out there kicking around for the seeds, making a mess of the walkway daily. The chicks have grown, I will post a picture on the bird thread.

                    Thinking of Cat, Sunshine, Rose, and all who are struggling. Hugs to you all.

                    Joan
                    Sounds as if you've been keeping quite busy, nuthatch--birthday, anniversary, July 4, and messy quail family on top of everything else!
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      Good to see Jeanie and nuthatch here! Nuthatch, I hope you enjoy the visit and have a very happy anniversary!

                      Jeanie, slow and steady, that's the way. You've actually come a long way in a short amount of time, even if it might not feel like it at times.

                      Agate, amazing step count!

                      Virginia, I'm so sorry. I was confused what could have caused the breakup when you sound like you get along so well. But then you mentioned politics... it suddenly became very clear.

                      What a thoughtful man to keep you up to speed though.

                      Howie, why can't you click the "forgot your password" on Facebook and have a temporary one sent to your email that you can then change once you're into your FB account?

                      I hope you find and test a free service before giving up your internet connection. Sam needs the internet to watch cat videos.

                      Hi to all others!
                      Last edited by SuzE-Q; 06-28-2019, 05:31 PM.
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        Another thing we almost forgot to mention Howie - Amazon! How could you think of giving that up?? Hope you and your brother got it figured it out.

                        Nuthatch, nice to see you. Sounds like you have a big week next week, with family coming (especially little Everett), an anniversary and a Birthday. I am sure you will enjoy having your family. Have fun on your anniversary and at Everett's 3rd birthday party. Glad nothing bad has happened to the quail family, even though they might be driving you a little nuts with their mess.

                        Hi Suze-Q and Jeanie. So glad to see you both. Jeanie, hope you are still making progress even if it is slow.

                        Okay, for what I did this afternoon and this evening. Today I received a new shower stool in the mail. I had to put it together. I just couldn't do it. It required no tools. It came with screws and knobs, but I just could not get the legs to not wobble. Then I dropped a washer which went under the dishwasher and therefore is gone until someone puts in a new dishwasher. Finally, I got it put together. I am not happy with it because it is lower than the one I have had for 20 years, which is now wearing out. At least I had a couple of washers in my tool box that Doug fixed for me when we separated.

                        Next, I decided that I would wash the bottom of the fiberglass shower with some oxy clean because there are rust spots on the bottom where the other stool has set, which is the main reason I am getting rid of it. I would have gotten some new rubber footies but the top was beginning to show wear also. So I wet the bottom where the rust was and then put down a heavy coat of oxy clean. I then let it sit for a long time. I took a small milking stool, rubber gloves, a sponge and remembered to put down some thick towels just in case I somehow got on the floor. I knew the tile would finish off my knees.

                        Well, the oxy clean was not working and obviously I can not get up from a position of a milking stool. Much too low. I had thought I could crawl to the $800.00 toilet I bought last year (for those of you who remember that) by crawling on the towel. I couldn't get from the stool down to the towel. I finally did but almost fell forward (glad I had on my medical necklace). When I almost fell it put me facing the other room that is part of my bathroom, but my knees were on the thick towel and I decided I would crawl across the floor, so I would crawl just a little way and then pull on the towel to keep it under my knees. I finally got to the bedroom where there is carpet and I knew I had it made. I can crawl on carpet, so I did until I got to the bed where I could push up with my elbows. Then I had to take a container for watering flowers and go back and forth between the tub and the shower to try and wash all the oxy clean out of the shower. There was water that dripped over the floor and I had to get that up.

                        I am sure no one had as much fun this afternoon as I did. If you did tell us about it.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          Virginia, I just checked, and I still have Amazon.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Good Howie, I am not sure what I would do if I lost Amazon. I did have to get a new password because I couldn't remember my old one, but it was not a lot of trouble.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              Virginia, my day couldn't begin to rival yours. It's life's "little challenges" that make everything so interesting, isn't it? Like getting from Point A to Point B in a room, or how to crawl across the floor. You're probably wondering why you ever got the new shower stool.

                              Crawling on towels though? I hope you can get a kneeling pad. I have two of them now, so I'll never be far from one of them. I never do anything on the ground without one of those kneeling pads. I've had one of them for over 30 years and it's still fine. If I have to crawl around I move the pad with me so that my knees are never on the hard floor.

                              My day is so pale by comparison. I was just getting up from a nap when someone buzzed me. It was a surprise visit from the Caption Call person. I hadn't seen her in so long I didn't remember her right away. With no advance notice, she just appeared--to offer me a new model of their captioning phone. She said the older ones are dying, and when I asked what the symptoms would be if my phone was dying, she said its captioning would stop and start (it's been doing that for ages) AND it might give a shattering shriek.

                              Not enjoying the thought of a shattering noise, of course I felt I ought to get the new phone at once. So she was here for half an hour setting it up, and I now have a lovely new phone with better volume control and a more accessible keypad.

                              But that took time I was going to spend on fixing dinner, and so I was in a hurry after she left, trying to get dinner over with in time for the TV news. As a result, I dropped the main part of dinner on the floor--a slice of pizza hot from the oven, and it went face down on the floor. I'm not one to eat things that have been on the floor, and so I had to cook up another pizza slice, but that wasn't too hard. Cleaning up the mess on the floor wasn't so bad either. And I was able to eat the broccoli I'd been steaming while the new pizza was baking. I buy frozen meatless pizza (Amy's or Freschetta usually) and cut 1/3 or 1/7 or 1/5 of it for a meal, supplemented by V8 juice and a vegetable and often some little tomatoes.

                              I'd have been in more of a mood to deal with this though if I hadn't been out on the patio this morning cleaning up all of the pots and plants that had been splattered with mud during a fierce rain recently. There was thunder, lightning and hail on Wednesday, and of course the plants got hit. They'd lost so much dirt that their roots were exposed, and I added new dirt. Now they look perfectly lovely--until the next heavy rain, but I'm going to keep an eye on the weather and move all of them up against the building where they''ll be sheltered somewhat.

                              All of that took energy, and by evening I wasn't feeling up to any more cleaning jobs, but I did run the new carpet sweeper around very briefly, just to pick up all of the pine needles I had tracked in. They are short pine needles but pesky and sharp.

                              I'm very glad I didn't have to spend part of the day removing rust from a bathtub.
                              Last edited by agate; 06-29-2019, 08:13 AM.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                Virginia, that is a hellacious experience. I was with you every “step” of the way, holding my breath. I wish you had put it separately in a new thread on Near Falling mishap” or something like that. To give it the discussion it deserves. We all have or will have a similar challenge...Sometimes very important issues get lost in Chit Chat thread. Plus, your issue isn’t OT at all!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X