Oh man ANN. How demoralizing for your mom. And scary. Was it a premature release, or did she indeed seem stable enough?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
August chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Medical care can be so complex that I guess it's not surprising that so many times we hear about someone's care that wasn't coordinated or monitored right, but it's still upsetting--particularly to the patient. I'm glad your mother is OK about being back in the hospital.
I found a photo of someone from this board in the latest issue of MS Focus Magazine. On page 45 there's a photo of Cherie. Congratulations to Cherie on being a spokesperson guiding people with MS.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Ann, glad they got her back in time. Sounds to me like a failure to pay attention to details on part of whoever was seeing her in the hospital. Surely the information was given to them that she is on Lasix. The only good thing about this happening is that, as I recall, your Mom did not want to take her Lasix at one point, so now maybe she sees the need. She should not have had to learn that way. I am just happy she is feeling better.Virginia
Comment
-
Yet another mass shooting tonight, that's two in less than 24 hours and three in less than a week! This time, it's 9 dead, 16 injured (so far, it's early reporting) in Dayton, Ohio. Isn't that where our Sally lived?
20 dead, 26 wounded in El Paso, Texas today. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
Has the U.S. gone mad? Feeling very, very, very sad.
Comment
-
Nuthatch, I am with you on feeling so very sad. Yesterday was bad enough, but then when I heard about Dayton today I just went all the way down.
I was going to go out to eat with family members today. I had washed my hair and was getting ready when one of my brothers called and said he didn't think they would be going because thunderstorms are predicted for their area. Both brothers have dogs that are afraid during Thunder, so that has been cancelled. I had thought it might pick me up a bit to get out, but I have decided to just stay home. I will watch some TV and maybe try to read if I can. I find it hard to read when I am upset about something.Virginia
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
I join you all in sadness. I am ultra sensitive as I am in profound grief for Jonathan. As with every mass shooting, I have been weeping for the victims and their loved ones.
In 1989, a dear friend, who was one of Michael's classroom aides, as well as the mom of a daughter with disabilities, was murdered point blank at a nightclub by her ex-boyfriend. She was with several other aides/teachers for a girls' night out. I had been invited to join them, but I didn't have respite care for my boys. He had been stalking her for days. She had a restraining order on him, but a piece of paper doesn't stop a bullet.
Thoughts and prayers don't stop bullets either. If they did, none of this would keep happening.
Jim said today, "It feels like we're living in a war zone. Nowhere is safe anymore." Schools, churches, mosques, theaters, hair salons, stores, malls, garlic festivals, concerts, a center for people with developmental disabilities (San Bernardino), the streets. This is our "normal" now.
How can we not be sad and fearful?
Our hearts are heavy, and we grieve with and for the people of El Paso, Dayton, and Gilroy.


Love & Light,

Rose
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
How tragic about your friend, Rose. She sounds like someone who would have been greatly missed. Not fair, not fair.
And the people in charge--government officials, politicians--are very skillful at expressing condolences and even flying flags at half-staff. Maybe there will even be a National Day of Mourning, or a period of silence? There will be tributes and floral memorials and music in honor of those who died so senselessly.
All of these lovely heartfelt gestures aren't going to bring them back though.
In a sane world, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. This isn't a sane world we're in.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
There is so much hate right now. And I see it spilling over in to people who usually were not hateful. ...
So, as I said before, I had a most excellent surf adventure Saturday. Came home, still on ativan, so I was walking without a problem and zero pain. Like before SPS came to live in me. So, I was breezing around, organizing paper, putting things in the trash, that I stared at day after day, wanting to take care of but not having he physical wherewithal. I knew, like Cinderella, the magic would all disappear at the end of the day.
That night, the night before last night , at 3am I woke up with a horrid spasm that wouldn’t stop and was spreading. So, DH did rectal Valium which works in about 10 minutes. ...went back to sleep, awoke at 5 am with another horrible spasm
This time, I tried the liquid ativan that you put under your tongue. How pleased I was that it worked within a few short minutes. Now I know how well it can work.
That stopped the spasm with no further reoccurrence. Yesterday and today, I rest most of the day, legs feel badly, but not spasming. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Next time, I will surf about an hour, not two hours, and not flit around the house afterwards. As if that might have been too much...who knows?...
Comment

Comment