Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
    I am having a significant health event. I might be thin around here for several days...not to worry. Could end up in a health care facility. Or not. Also, supposed to get IVIG all day tomorrow and hoping that works out. ...
    Sunshine,
    I hope you feel better soon. So sorry you are suffering.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      Originally posted by Firehorse View Post
      We are growing lemon and melon cucumbers, and can’t believe the yield of the crop. Almost every day we are harvesting 5 or 6 of each. Soon they will peak and produce more!
      The tomato plants are late in ripening this year, we have about 15 plants in our yard!
      My sunflowers have reached about 14’. I am dwarfed by their presence.
      My cannabis plants are looking pretty good too, but they have a few more months to go before they are done.
      Keep that summer sun shining down!
      I grow Persian cucumbers. They are Seedless and crisp. And as SSusan always told my customers: “in this case size really does not matter” the skin is thin. I like them best and often make a salad with Persian cucumbers and blueberries and a white vinegarette dressing. Yum
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        I grew Lemon and Minature White cucumbers. Both are thin skinned and not bitter. I’ll do them
        Both again next year.

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          Sunshine ~

          I'm sending many prayers and healing, positive energy your way. Hoping, with you, that your IVIg works out tomorrow.

          ANN ~

          So glad that your mom is recovering well, and I hope that you are able to coordinate everything easily.

          Congratulations on your productive garden! I envy you, Lazarus, and firehorse having fresh produce.

          More than 20 years ago, Jim planted a variety of crops in our backyard, even corn. Our neighbor called him "Farmer Jim" with a condescending tone, like that was an insult. Now, his wife attempts to grow tomatoes and peppers on their front patio. Unfortunately, she wasn't very successful this year.

          Yes, Jim's favorite cucumber is an English cucumber. I haven't heard of lemon or melon cucumbers. I'll bet they are yummy too.

          Love & Light,



          Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cherie
            I think you may have misunderstood my words. My "community" is the small town in which we live and work. It is where we raised our children and grandchildren and went to school and go to church. "Community" is NOT the message board that we are on where fewer than 2 dozen people read and write on a regular basis. For me, this is as close as a "support" group that I get due to my high profile in my "community" and at times I need this so please bear with me. I am sorry I made you uncomfortable and perhaps, for that reason, I may need to bow out.
            I hope you won't do any bowing out. You've had a long track record of being supportive to everyone here.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Cherie, I echo what Agate said about hoping that you will not bow out. Your input is needed on this forum. There are times when you help more of us than you realize and I hope that we are able to return a small measure of that to you. It would be a terrible loss if you were to bow out.
              Virginia

              Comment


                I don't think Cat has come back on to let us know how she and TC are getting along with Maggie and Smudge. I hope it is nothing serious with Smudge's eye. We would love to know Cat how things are going now that you have had the new ones a little longer.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  Sending good wishes to Sunshine today. I hope IVIg is going well and that you will soon be back with us.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    :) Cherie stay here please. Sunshine feel better.

                    The aide was supposed to come yesterday and help me shower. I finally called her phone and she told me I was not getting aides anymore. I had everything ready for a shower.

                    Today I decided I would try to shower by myself. I took the panic button and a phone to put by the shower. I pulled my scooter back up to the shower ledge. I turned the seat around and put both feet in the shower. Then I grabbed the bar with both hands and stood and got on the bath seat.

                    I shampooed my head good then bathed. To get out I sat on a towel on the scooter seat and lifted my feet out. I am happy that it was doable and now I can shampoo weekly. Yay! Jeanie :)

                    Comment


                      Jeanie, you are absolutely amazing. However, it scared me just to hear you tell how you did that. I assume the scooter has a break on it so that it cannot move and I am also assuming the seat cannot move out from under you. I have never looked at one up close so if all this sounds dumb, it is because I really just do not know. However, I am glad you were able to do it. Just always allow plenty of time for each step in the process that you have to take. Never get in a hurry if you continue to do this. Congratulations!
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        Jeanie, what reason was given that you wouldn't be getting aides any longer? I would check other sources. You did do good by yourself. Where there's a will, there's a way!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          Jeanie, I was just about to ask that question too. Did the aide tell you you were no longer having aides, or did the aide's employer--an agency?--tell you that? If it was the aide, I'd wonder if it's correct and check with the agency. Sometimes aides get things wrong.

                          Congratulations on thinking up ingenious solutions for the shampooing challenge. Good thinking about the panic button and the phone! And you get cleaner hair plus a sense of accomplishment.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            I usually post about this on the appropriate days, but didn't this year. But on August 6, and August 9th of 1945, the US became the only country to date, to use atomic warfare. We used it against Japan, which ended WW11. Let's hope that it's never used again.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              I usually post about this on the appropriate days, but didn't this year. But on August 6, and August 9th of 1945, the US became the only country to date, to use atomic warfare. We used it against Japan, which ended WW11. Let's hope that it's never used again.
                              AMEN!!! Wish it had never been invented!

                              Thinking of you, Sunshine.

                              Good job, Jeanie! Please be careful and as Virginia said, take your time.

                              Virginia, do you really get your hair cut and colored once a month? Being someone who has never colored her hair, I had no idea it was done that often!
                              Last edited by nuthatch; 08-14-2019, 03:37 PM.

                              Comment


                                Nuthatch, I get the roots done every 4 weeks and a cut every 4 weeks. Since I color my hair, I don't care to have roots that are different from the rest of my hair. If you don't color your hair my advice would be don't start, it is hard to find a way to stop unless a person has very light blond hair then it's not too bad. My hair is medium to dark blond so the roots show. I am concerned about the time that will come when maybe I can't get it done. If mine cost anywhere near what that lady paid who was getting hers foiled I would have to find a way to stop. She said she was born blond and she would always be blond, so apparently it doesn't worry her. She did have on wedding rings, so she has a husband and maybe that helps with the money part.

                                Wish I had my natural hair back with all the curl I had when I was young and didn't appreciate. Now it is straight. Oh well, worse things can happen to a person.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X