Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Howie, by this time you should be living it up and eating well. You've had time to get your car and get to the grocery store and do things you wanted to do. You were probably so mad by this time that Sam even helped you out of the house and said "GO".


    Agate, I assume you just handed in your new rx for shoes yesterday and will now have to wait to get them. If you actually were able to get them yesterday then I bet you are walking everywhere and supervising the workers around your place.

    I had an interesting conversation with my two sister-in-laws who live in Georgia this afternoon. (sisters of my deceased husband) I called one of them who was not doing well the last time I talked to her. It has been about 3 months and I was feeling guilty about not calling her before. Anyway, I called and asked if it was a good time for her to talk. She said yes that she was just sitting there talking to her sister. Is she at your house I said? She said no I am at her house. I said well I don't want to interrupt y'all's visit, so I'll call you or her later. She said Virginia I live with her now. Didn't you know? Anyway, her townhouse burned. It was only a couple of years old. I have not seen it, but I think it was very nice in a gated community.

    She had to go get a series of shots down her back for arthritis and this happened just a couple of days after that. She was still taking it easy and was in her pajamas around 5 in the afternoon. She stepped out on her deck for something and smelled smoke. She looked next door and saw some smoke on the deck, but thought they were grilling out. She was sitting back in her living room, when a little while later some man knocked on her door really hard. When she got to the door he started dragging her out and saying her place was on fire. She said let me get my pocketbook and he said "lady you've got to get out now, Your house is burning". A man next door had put his cigarettes out in a container he kept on his deck and somehow they ignited. Her unit was one of three that burned. She was the only one at home in the 3 units. The man who made her get out was just walking by.

    After the firemen got there, one walked in her place and walked back out with her cell phone and handed it to her. She had to stand there and watch things burn. Later a fireman took her in and shined a flashlight over her shoulder while she got clean bras and panties out of her drawers. She said she got some clean pjs and started to go in the drawer with her underclothes in it and he was right over her shoulder and for a minute she thought - not that drawer. Then she said the heck with it I've got to have clean underclothes. She said it was funny because he said "lady you sure do keep neat drawers". She has always been very neat around her house and her person. So other sister-in-law who lives there took her in until her place can be rebuilt. She has two children and would have been welcomed at either of their homes, but both only have upstairs bedrooms so she went to her sisters.

    When I talked to the sister-in-law she is living with I told her if she was doing the cooking I might just move in too. She had just moved into this place the day before, so things were not straightened out quite yet, but they are doing fine.

    The one who's place burned has bad health problems and I am concerned about her. She has been hurting down her back for a long time. Many years ago they did surgery on her back up close to the neck. She has many other problems. She use to have RA, but it is not showing up now. Her legs are weak and draw up and her hands draw up, but she says it is not like spasms. An oncologist just did a lot of bloodwork, but they do not have the results yet. They told her they took 19 vials. Also she just turned in a stool sample in the last couple of days. She has had blood clots in both her lungs 3 times and they do not know why, so they are doing all these test to try and find out. She is now on Eliquis and will be on it for the rest of her life they say.

    I don't know why an Oncologist is in on this and she doesn't either. It concerns me. Anyway, I guess we don't have to have MS to have really bad things happen to us. I know she is suffering a lot. She is my age and has had problems for a very long time. All 3 of us are widows. Her sister is 4 years younger than I am.

    So that's how I spent my afternoon. It is always good to talk to them. I always liked my husband's family and we use to go back and forth between where I live and where they are in Georgia. It is 520 miles and I use to drive it with only one stop. I would get gas, food and go to the bathroom and that would be the only stop I made. They usually came together and there was a 3rd sister who has died. I remember her driving a couple of times by herself after my husband died and her husband had also passed away. We all went to Wrightsville Beach, NC together a couple of times. Miss those times.

    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:23 AM.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #77
      I'm in the midst of the housing recertification now, doing the final collecting of documents and quite a lot of arithmetic. So I've been busy and am afraid I can't reply as much as I'd like to.

      Virginia, you're right--there's a wait for the shoes. I may get them some time in September.

      That's too bad about your sister-in-law. A fire can be so very terrifying. And no, you can't take anything with you, usually.
      Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:18 AM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #78
        Agate, I hope you can use your windows and patio soon.

        Virginia, I hope you are more comfortable today.

        Susan left early this AM and I went to the hospital at 11 AM. I took clothes for Mom as she called to tell me she was being discharged. I waited there for 4 hours. I found out that they have gotten 16 liters out of Mom (pee) since she returned to the hospital. Also, Mom keeps telling them she is short of breath on exertion but her O2 is above 90. So today they did a walking test and on exertion her O2 drops to 70! They cancelled her discharge. Here we go again. Glad I did not bring her home.

        Peter arrives about 9:30 AM.

        ANN[/QUOTE]

        Your mom is very blessed to have wonderful children to care about and for her. It is not an easy time for anyone.
        Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:24 AM.
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #79
          In many states, someone can call the DMV and ask them to recall the driver for a driver exam. They keep it an anonymous. My sister had to do that for my father. He wasn’t driving much anyway. But it was a blow and he was furious about it for weeks of course.

          At some point, depending on the driving, one has to protect the lives of others, or a child, as much as protect David’s life.

          I wish we had intervened sooner with my husband’s relative, there was no harm done to others, but the issue was clearly in front of our nose. She then got run over crossing the not busy parking lot,, so her walking and driving days were over. I felt lucky she did not harm another person, or a child...

          No magic answers here. So many hard choices.
          Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:19 AM.

          Comment


            #80
            Mom is home!

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #81


              Ann glad your Mom is home. I'm okay just tired. Jeanie :)
              Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:29 AM.

              Comment


                #82
                Glad you have your Mom home, Ann!
                Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:29 AM.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Ann, that’s good news from you. Please tell her we are hoping she does well and can stay there for awhile.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #84
                    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~


                    ANN ~

                    Great news that your mom is home! I hope all of her needs are in place and that she's comfortable and sleeps well. You are a wonderful daughter.

                    Healing prayers continue.

                    Howie ~

                    I'm glad you got your car back. Did I miss your explanation as to why you weren't posting?

                    agate ~

                    I hope all of the power washing and renovation to your home is complete. I'm sure it was annoying, but I'm very glad that your home is being cared for properly.

                    Virginia ~

                    How is the itching on your face? I hope that it has subsided. That must be miserable.

                    Jeanie ~

                    I hope that you are getting plenty of rest, and I send healing prayers your way.

                    I remain concerned about our regular and semi-regular friends, who haven't posted in a long time. I keep thinking about a conversation I had with SuzE-Q in Jim's thread on Child Neurology. I'm worried about her.

                    Please check in everyone.

                    My prayers are with you all ~

                    Love & Light,



                    Rose
                    Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-16-2019, 05:31 AM.
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Rose, there was no explanation, I just didn't feel up to it.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Howie, we don't even know if you got your car back alright, as far as I know. I hope you feel better soon.


                        Rose, my face is stinging and burning much of the time. I do take one gabapentin at night and that helped the first night, but it is back with a vengeance. My face is slightly red on one side. I know that I can go back on more gabapentin, but it is hard to reconcile myself to it because I am on so much medication. Thanks for asking.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #87
                          ((((((Virginia)))))) ~

                          This sounds systemic, so I don't know whether topical applications would help you. Have you tried any topical creams or ointments?

                          How about calling your physician and discussing this issue? Maybe there is an "in between" dosage of Neurontin that you could take to mitigate the itching? I just don't want you to be miserable and scratching.

                          Healing prayers on the way for you ~

                          Love & Light,



                          Rose
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Virginia, I did get my car back, and everything works again. My sister paid for everything, and I gave her $100, and will pay her the same each month, until she is paid back. I haven't gone anywhere since I got my car back, but it feels good knowing I can go anywhere, any time I want to now.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                              ...

                              agate ~

                              I hope all of the power washing and renovation to your home is complete. I'm sure it was annoying, but I'm very glad that your home is being cared for properly.







                              Love & Light,



                              Rose
                              Rose, this project will last about 4 more weeks. We've been through this here before a couple of times, and realize that it has to happen. A wood structure is going to get quite a beating from rain and wind, even snow. They don't want the place rotting away.

                              As for SuzE-Q, I'm afraid something must be wrong but have no way of reaching her, unfortunately. I hope she'll check in when she can.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                I have had Suze-Q on my mind lately. Really concerned. I hope she can get in touch with us soon.

                                Howie, so glad your wheels are ready to roll again. I know it is a good feeling.

                                Rose, I am pretty sure this is MS on my face since I had it once before years ago. I think the nerves were activated again by the shingles and this symptom started up again.

                                Went to eat this evening with family. On the way home I stopped at a Harris Teeter that just opened up a short while ago. I heard it was a nice one and it really is. It is 3 miles from my house. I would say that is a little further than the one I have been going to, but I might give it a try again. I really liked it. Will need to see how crowded it is on a Friday or a Thursday. Today was my middle brother's birthday so we had eight there instead of our usual five.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X