Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The stand finally arrived this evening but it's been too hot and tiring a day to put it together now. Maybe tomorrow. I've checked over its parts, and they all seem to be there. I'll hope that the holes are lined up right--and I've saved all of the packaging just in case.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      I hear you about the hurry up and wait
      My least favorite waiting is for call backs from doctor offices. You have to have clean hands to answer the cell to swipe it on my droid. So, It risky handling raw fish and raw chicken because you cannot swipe your phone with salmonella hands. There are strategies, i.e. cook early before the doc can call back, but sometimes things get in the way.

      Such is the life of folks like us.

      Comment


        Watching Dorian. So far, it looks like WPB is in the crosshairs for tropical storm Dorian. Jeanie, what is your plan? Don’t be a big shot. Let Andy take care of you .

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
          I hear you about the hurry up and wait
          My least favorite waiting is for call backs from doctor offices. You have to have clean hands to answer the cell to swipe it on my droid. So, It risky handling raw fish and raw chicken because you cannot swipe your phone with salmonella hands. There are strategies, i.e. cook early before the doc can call back, but sometimes things get in the way.

          Such is the life of folks like us.
          That's one reason I can't quite get with the program on these cellphones/smartphones. My hands are too fumbly to use them. I use a stylus all the time when I have to use the smartphone. Usually I use the landline phone--the Caption Call phone usually, which is on the same line as the landline phone, sitting next to the Caption Call phone.

          This place is bristling with phones. There's another landline phone on the same line in the bedroom. And the smartphone sits, firmly turned off so it won't PING at me, on a counter nearby with its stylus.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            :) Sunshine I have shutters David made for all the windows and Andy puts them up. I also have a generator that runs the whole house except for the AC.

            I overdid it on Saturday and Sunday evening I had a fever and cold chills. Having my core overheated I was so weak I could hardly get up. I finally made it to the thermostat and put it on 78 and to the bathroom and back to bed. I also put a dinner in the microwave but when I tried to eat it I felt like throwing up. Much later I ate a bowl of soup.

            All my sinuses were hurting and swollen. I made a glass of silver water hoping to knock out whatever I had. I also took aspirin to bring down the temp. I have been having leg pains for a few days so I have been taking Ibuprophen and tums for that.

            Today the swelling is down and the temp is gone. Getting up is easier without the temp. I ate breakfast.

            Andy came by yesterday to take the lawn mower for repair. He got me a cold washcloth to put on my sinuses. He called me later to see how I was feeling. He is going to call today and see if he can bring me food.

            I did not read much as I am so tired. I am headed back to bed to rest. Stay cool and safe everyone. Jeanie :)

            Comment


              Jeanie, that sounds miserable. Those symptoms sound like possibly sinus infex. I am also worried there could be other type of infection ... don’t be shy to get to the doctor. I know, that is an ordeal in and of itself.

              No a/c on generator? Might be a bad thing for your body right now. Does Andy need the worry and slogging through flooded roads to check on his stubborn mom who would stay at son’s place during teh storm?

              You might’ve gotten luckier on that Score: Dorian is now looking to aim at Melbourne. Still unclear the strengthening. Its an unpredictable system.

              Comment


                Sunshine, I think your efforts with Jeanie are probably in vain. The one that was so bad last year and we were all so worried about her and she still wouldn't leave. I can't remember the name of that storm. I hate leaving my home too, but I don't have any children I can bunk in with.

                She swears her house will withstand the worse of the worse ones, so she is a determined lady. I guess it would be kind of hard. I think Andy has steps and he also has at least one, if not more, feral cats. Lacy and the cats might not like the arrangement.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  I can understand not wanting to leave. The adjustments a person has to make by moving to a different place can be really difficult particularly in a stressful situation.

                  Today it's 97' here, going up to 99' by the end of the day. I mentioned the printer stand that came yesterday. Today was my day to put it together. I actually did it before it got too hot. I dropped the Allen wrench at least a dozen times but inserted and tightened 15 screws and everything went together easily.

                  Then I had to dispose of all of the packaging, including a large cardboard box and a lot of foam blocks. After I broke the box down and got the foam blocks bagged up, I ventured out to the dumpster--and got hit with that blast of sun-drenched heat. Just a minute out there was plenty.

                  On the way back through the hall I remembered a spot by one window where there is an air conditioning unit that tends to be on. I went and stood right over it for a short time. It really helped to have so much cool air coming at me. My own AC hasn't turned on yet but it's cool enough in my apartment as well.

                  Nice to see SuzE-Q back here.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    Guess we are changing places for a few days Agate. It was in the 80s here today and yesterday. Nice, but as someone said don't get too use to it because September could come in with another heat wave.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Agate, those cardboard boxes are gold here and the long streams of brown paper that come in them. It gives the cats weeks of fun.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        This one had no streams of brown paper but other packages have had them. Yes, cats would adore that stuff!

                        This thing was packed in lots of foam sheets and foam blocks instead, and that foam or whatever it's called has a way of shedding little white bits all over. I was eager to get it out of here. I don't think cats would have liked it either.

                        I always thought it was funny when a cat poured herself into something too small for her, like a shoebox, and would just lie there contentedly while overflowing its edges on all sides.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          NOAA now predicts a Category 3 hurricane will hit Florida Monday, not Sunday. they moved it farther north of Jeanie, and she may just see a breezy day, hopefully.

                          The models, though, talk about certain high pressure ride and winds that could steer the storm to South Florida, could also cross florida into Tampa Bay, could land north of the Kennedy space center.

                          We are preparing for a hurricane. Too bad when we then there we were preparing for a tropical storm. there are some items I would’ve gotten had i know no power for at least a week, and no way to get to the store for days due to flooding. Shelves are often bare for 2 weeks post hurricane.

                          we had already gassed up, and avoided the current very long lines at local gas station.
                          We already had water, and the cashier at Publix said today they sold out yesterday

                          Comment


                            Florida folks get ever so much more drama than they might want.

                            Never a dull moment, eh? Take care, Sunshine and Jeanie.
                            Last edited by agate; 08-28-2019, 04:03 PM.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              :) In addition to the generator I have a big 20 inch fan that I will sit in front of. Being scooter bound mostly and using diapers, staying here is the best idea. I am just praying our lights stay on and it goes further away.

                              Glad SusyQ is back. My supplemental insurance turned down my request to be reimbursed for the aides $7305.00. I have 60 days to appeal but they said that is Medicaid and I do not have Medicaid. Since I spent almost $14000. I wiped out most of my savings so I might qualify for Medicaid now.

                              Headed to lay down and rest. Jeanie :)
                              Last edited by Jeanie Z; 08-28-2019, 01:07 PM.

                              Comment


                                Jeanie, that’s bad news that the insurance turned you down. It is a lot of money and I was hoping you would be reimbursed at least a portion of it. I would have Andy or Jim contest it if you think your insurance is supposed to pay it.

                                Sunshine, sounds like you have a little time to get any items you might need if DH can find them. I hope this misses you completely and also Jeanie. Until something like this actually hits you never know. When one is scheduled to come our way I am always anxious.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X