Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September Chit/Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    KABOOM!!! What was THAT???
    “Whatever it was do not call the police or even worry about it. Go back to sleep although we know that you are now fully awake and probably can’t sleep anymore tonight. You might as well read your emails.” Your friendly neighborhood police.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      I didn't mean to chase Cherie away. I was just reminding her that this was a public forum, after she said that she did not want to share certain information with her real life community. Peace

      Comment


        Ikoiko, I don't think you chased her away. There were reasons why she left, and you weren't one of them. Anyone with a public presence (teachers, real estate people, businesspeople, etc.) is taking a risk when posting personal information on an Internet message board. Those looking for information that can be used--even maliciously used--are out there.

        I hope she'll rethink this and maybe post less personal information or phrase it in a way that disguises the identity of the people involved.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          Tomorrow starts a tropical storm locally and it shouldn’t be bad. Hopefully the power stays on, and if not, the generator works. Instead of going up the spine of Florida, it is going well offshore off the east coast of Florida.

          Comment


            Originally posted by agate View Post
            Ikoiko, I don't think you chased her away. There were reasons why she left, and you weren't one of them. Anyone with a public presence (teachers, real estate people, businesspeople, etc.) is taking a risk when posting personal information on an Internet message board. Those looking for information that can be used--even maliciously used--are out there.

            I hope she'll rethink this and maybe post less personal information or phrase it in a way that disguises the identity of the people involved.
            On another MS forum, a physician with MS used to post about her disabilities, and I was one degree of separation away from her, as well. It was sort of easy to tell where she worked from her posts. On another, a teacher posted about smoking pot (illegal then) and again, wouldn't you know it, I was connected to her small town and she posted enough information to let me know where she worked. It is the Internet, people: good and bad.
            Last edited by Ikoiko; 09-13-2019, 03:04 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Ikoiko View Post
              On another MS forum, a physician with MS used to post about her disabilities, and I was one degree of separation away from her, as well. It was sort of easy to tell where she worked from her posts. On another, a teacher posted about smoking pot (illegal then) and again, wouldn't you know it, I was connected to her small town and she posted enough information to let me know where she worked. It is the Internet, people: good and bad.
              Thank you again for reminding us of this important information.
              Linda~~~~

              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

              Comment


                I'm one of the bad ones, but they let me come here anyway!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  I've got through an annual trip to the neuro in spite of making a mistake about the time (my error) and therefore having problems rescheduling rides. I waited 2 hours in a drafty entryway for the return ride but it was unavoidable. At least I was taken straight home when the van finally arrived.

                  The neuro and I had a pleasant chat. She wasn't getting much vibration in my feet but it looked as if she was suspecting the tuning fork she was using. She kept shaking it.

                  I asked her about the newer MS drugs that are for "active SPMS," and she agreed that I wouldn't benefit from them since I don't have relapses. She also said that she had real concerns about their side effects (malignancies, cardiac problems).

                  She said I could maintain the vitamin D3 supplementation at 5,000 IU/daily.

                  That was about it. It took 15 minutes. She did a couple of tests of strength against resistance, and there was the tuning fork. No other tests. We chatted about online shopping vs. in-store shopping. She asked how I cook and do housework, whether I walk around and how much.

                  A neuro who actually showed an interest in my practical situation--that was unusual.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Howie View Post
                    I'm one of the bad ones, but they let me come here anyway!
                    Howie, it's only a matter of time. You will be found out.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      It is 52 degrees here at almost 11 PM. Brr. I have to close some windows.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        Lucky you Ann - good sleeping weather.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                          It is 52 degrees here at almost 11 PM. Brr. I have to close some windows.

                          ANN
                          It was 49° an hour ago but 51° now...at 4:03. I am up...checking wether I need to start our cars to keep stuff warm...we leave for farmers’ markets in an hour. Temp is ok but it will be cold for the first few hours at the market! Even then it will be cloudy so the temp. May say65° but it will be a rough market. Drats!
                          Attached Files
                          Linda~~~~

                          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                          Comment


                            Good morning, Linda.

                            I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. It’s 47 here now and the house is 64. I have a heating pad on.

                            Happy market day. Bring us a story. :-)
                            ANN
                            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                            Comment


                              Whoa, you guys are cold! If it weren’t for swimming, I would wish for colder weather too :)

                              The storm went out to sea, thankfully :)

                              Thanks for the reminder about the anonymity or lack thereof on the internet. I hope no one can guess my identity, but maybe that’s foolish on my part...

                              That’s what I don’t get about MS groups on FB— lack of anonymity unless you use a false identity on FB. “I have nothing to hide” seems to be the refrain one hears about FB, Siri, Alexis...lack of concern about privacy. I dunno, it all seems so scary to me.

                              Comment


                                :) I feel like my life is an open book. I do not filter what I post. If Ikoiko does not like my posts she can skip them. I skip her posts. She did cause Cherie to leave.

                                I went to the hairdresser Thursday, the bank drive thru and to the mall. I got two bottles of my perfume at Perfumania. Yesterday I went to Publix with Andy and did my shopping.

                                We may all go out to dinner Sunday since Jim's birthday is the 19th. I MAY go this evening to Cracker Barrel and to see Andy's band. Jeanie :)
                                Last edited by Jeanie Z; 09-14-2019, 07:57 AM. Reason: typo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X