There's something comforting about a year that is so orderly-looking. I like numbers that end in 0 anyway because they're easier to remember and deal with. This year we get TWO 0's! And TWO 2's! And that's what I call symmetrical and all tidy-like.
I hope that it will turn out to be a good year for everyone here, with health at the top of the list of good things everyone deserves to have around here.
Just now I'm getting over all of the social life I've had lately. This sounds pathetic but a visit from 3 relatives yesterday and another 3 only 3 days ago has been almost too much for me. There have been two sessions of grocery-ordering with the neighbor too--she was here for a couple of hours each time while we entered her order on the Instacart site.
That's been the sum total of my social life in the last couple of weeks, and yet I'm now ready to just sit staring into space.
This is starting to sound like a whine, and about what? Some nice people who were good enough to visit! I'm really very glad that they took the time in their busy lives to spend time with me. I don't hear so well and I probably retell stories that they're bored with, but they politely put up with me.
Last night I was very happy to turn to a DVD and watch part of it while getting on with another hat I'm making. There were fireworks but they were far less obnoxious than usual. I may be the only person in this country who has never watched the ball drop in Times Square.
I've seen many a New Year in but just never got around to that event.
How are you doing in 2020?
I hope that it will turn out to be a good year for everyone here, with health at the top of the list of good things everyone deserves to have around here.
Just now I'm getting over all of the social life I've had lately. This sounds pathetic but a visit from 3 relatives yesterday and another 3 only 3 days ago has been almost too much for me. There have been two sessions of grocery-ordering with the neighbor too--she was here for a couple of hours each time while we entered her order on the Instacart site.
That's been the sum total of my social life in the last couple of weeks, and yet I'm now ready to just sit staring into space.
This is starting to sound like a whine, and about what? Some nice people who were good enough to visit! I'm really very glad that they took the time in their busy lives to spend time with me. I don't hear so well and I probably retell stories that they're bored with, but they politely put up with me.
Last night I was very happy to turn to a DVD and watch part of it while getting on with another hat I'm making. There were fireworks but they were far less obnoxious than usual. I may be the only person in this country who has never watched the ball drop in Times Square.
I've seen many a New Year in but just never got around to that event.
How are you doing in 2020?

Comment