Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January Chitchat (oh, and it's 2020 now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kim must be related to Peter!

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      Ann, does Peter stay up and clean while you sleep? We’ll need to add that to the list of things he does.
      Virginia

      Comment


        :) Hi everyone. Kim got home okay and got her dog out of boarding this morning.

        Last night I fell between the scooter and the bed. I had a plate in one hand and I should have put it down and used both hands for support. I called Andy and he came but he could not get me up by himself. I hit the panic button and ADT called and sent the paramedics. They lifted me up and onto my scooter seat.

        I am going to concentrate from now on when I do ANY transfer. I do not want to go on the floor again. I did not get hurt but I was in a diaper and pajama shirt.

        That coughing sounds awful so I hope you get to the bottom of it and it goes away. Last night I went to bed at 11 and slept until 10:30 this morning. I feel stronger now too. Jeanie :)

        Comment


          Whew, Jeanie! I'm glad you weren't hurt.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
            :) Hi everyone. Kim got home okay and got her dog out of boarding this morning.

            Last night I fell between the scooter and the bed. I had a plate in one hand and I should have put it down and used both hands for support. I called Andy and he came but he could not get me up by himself. I hit the panic button and ADT called and sent the paramedics. They lifted me up and onto my scooter seat.

            I am going to concentrate from now on when I do ANY transfer. I do not want to go on the floor again. I did not get hurt but I was in a diaper and pajama shirt.

            That coughing sounds awful so I hope you get to the bottom of it and it goes away. Last night I went to bed at 11 and slept until 10:30 this morning. I feel stronger now too. Jeanie :)

            Glad you got help fairly quickly. I understand thinking you can handle something that usually would be ok and then...plop! I am training myself to stop in place, turn in the direction I want to go and then move. It is really a pain but I have taken some hard falls by moving without pausing when I am switching directions. Let’s hope the two of us have no more falls!
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              Thank goodness you are okay Jeanie...

              Comment


                Wow, I'm going to post before Sunshine! That's a first. Sunshine, I hope you are okay today.

                I stayed up all night. I don't know why. I took my sleep med, and it didn't work...again. That's twice in the last few days.

                So I went to the store right as it opened, and just got back. All done until Monday, Payday. I will have to see about a new battery then. It must have a dead cell, because it won't hold a charge. That "jump box" has earned it's keep!

                Everyone have a great day!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  A car battery is a costly item--maybe there are deals online that you can find, Howie. I can't remember the name of the Website but I heard about a Website that will find you the best rate available for the item you want.

                  --For those who don't visit the other forums here very often, David Hosobuchi posted in the Feedback Forum on 11/23/19, and that thread has had some recent posts in case you hadn't noticed.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    The battery in it now is not that old, and may still be under warranty. So I'll go back to them and see what they have on record. If they don't have it still covered, for at least a good discount, then I'll get the cheapest one that will work which I already looked up on their website, and get that one.

                    The original battery lasted a VERY long time. But I can't afford anything that high priced. I be po'.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      I hope Linda, Virginia and Jeanie are OK today. I’m thinking Nuthatch may be by late tonight.

                      I got out for a good walk today. It was cold, barely 32 but dry with no snow on the ground. It’s safer that way.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        :) I'm okay just doing nothing and resting. Hey everyone. Jeanie :)

                        Comment


                          The test yesterday came out normally, to the surprise of the GI doc.
                          Thus, my muscles in the lower GI tract are communicating and acting together synchronously////
                          Thus, as had been assumed all along, the chronic blockage is due to the side effects of Baclofen.

                          This was very good news. The test was exhausting due to the waiting, etc, and inability to wait comfortable in the mean chairs that had no ability to recline. Complain I did on teh survey. But the staff was great.

                          Comment


                            Glad you got good news after having to go through the test.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              You were due for some good news, Sunshine. What will be your baclofen, tizanidine, ativan plan going forward?

                              Anyone know if Virginia is OK?

                              ANN
                              Last edited by stillstANNding; 01-31-2020, 05:05 PM. Reason: Edited to ask about Virginia
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                Will treat the problem with Motegrity and Miralax daily.
                                It’s a hard problem, unpredictable urgency creates going out of the house difficult. One must also stop the meds a few days before the IVIG every time.

                                Its exhausting being broken down....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X