Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January Chitchat (oh, and it's 2020 now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    :) Jim called me tonight that he heard from my friend's daughter that her Father died today. The Mother was in the rehab at the same time I was and is still recovering. Her husband has been in and out of the hospital and at the end Hospice.

    They lived next door to me for about 20 years. We were very close. They have been married over 60 years. The daughter was the only child that lived past birth.

    I have lost quite a few friends this past year and most were long time friends.

    Kim is warm here and I am always cold. It is going to 53 here tonight and I hope I will be comfortable without the heat. Tomorrow night it is going to 42 so I will definitely put the heat on. Jeanie :)

    Comment


      #77
      Jeanie, I am so sorry you have lost another friend, and yes you have had a lot of losses.

      I guess your friend from out of town is there. That must be the Kim you are talking about. I hope you have a really nice visit with her. It is very cold here. It is already 25 degrees, so it will be extremely cold in the early morning hours.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #78
        I'm so sorry you've lost a friend, Jeanie. It's hard to lose a good friend and neighbor of 20 years.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #79
          I am sad to hear of your loss.

          Comment


            #80
            Sorry for your loss, Jeanie. Hugs.

            Comment


              #81
              ((((((Jeanie)))))) ~

              We're sending prayers for peace and comfort for you and for your dear friend's family and loved ones.



              Love & Light,



              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment


                #82
                Jeanie, sorry to hear about your friend.
                How is the visit with Kim going? Fifteen days is awfully long to have company especially when you are used to being alone.

                Virgina, I hope the taxes are doable. I made the Basque Garlic Potato Soup again yesterday. I plan salmon cakes for today or tomorrow.

                I have to go back to CVS to pick up another RX. I took everything off ready-fill because they were filling things too early and I ended up with too much (extra) but somehow the refilled tizanidine anyway. Btw, if you are ever on tizanidine (spasms) I recommend the tabs over the capsules so you can cut them in half and fine tune the dose. Tizanidine, is very sedating for me.

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #83
                  Good morning all! I had a weird experience last night. My shoulder was killing me last night, so much so, I couldn't sleep. I take Ibuprofen every day and it works well. I had taken so much yesterday, I didn't want to take more, and couldn't figure out why I was still hurting.

                  I had taken my sleep med last night, and figured I would fall asleep even with the pain. Wrong! I tossed and turned all night but it never let me fall asleep.

                  A while ago I turned towards the hallway, and see the sun shining, lighting up the hall. So I had stayed up all night long, trying to fall asleep.

                  So I just got up, and walked to the kitchen to make coffee. It was while the coffee was brewing that the pain disappeared. How? Why? I still don't know, but it sure feels nice to be pain free.

                  I've taken no Ibuprofen today, and won't until I start hurting again. Will it work this time? We'll see!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Hi Howie, crosspost.

                    I have bursitis at my hips and knees. It’s an inflammation of the bursa (sack) around a joint. It only hurts me with pressure. For me, the pressure of the bed especially if I side-sleep. You can also get this at the elbow or shoulder. Read about it and see. I get out of bed (relieve the pressure) and the pain is gone.

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      #85
                      :) Having Kim here has been nice. She is very helpful, doing dishes, laundry, etc. I am going to the viewing of my neighbor on Thursday evening. I will skip the mass and burial on Friday. Mary knows I am not up to par.

                      Yesterday was 82 and last night was 39 degrees with a strong cold wind. We went to a meeting and to a Chinese buffet. I slept in my winter pj's and with three blankets and the heat was on but the house never got above 72. My knee hurts bad when it is cold and it is hard to step on it.

                      I guess Rose and Jim are at the hospital to get a transfusion this morning. I hope all goes well for them. I will add extra prayers. Jeanie :)
                      Last edited by Jeanie Z; 01-22-2020, 07:09 AM.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Howie, sounds like Ann hit the nail on the head so to speak, as far as your shoulder pain is concerned. My Mother had that pain in her right shoulder. I seem to feel more aches and pains when it is as cold as it has been lately.

                        Ann, taxes seem to be fine from what I can find out on line. They will only go up by about 3%, while house value went up by around 32% the best I can figure on line. I think I am reading everything right. I think they were trying to get the value of the houses in the neighborhood up to what they are selling for. That is my guess.

                        Jeanie, so glad you are enjoying having a house guest. It would be very hard on me to have someone in my house for that long. For one thing, my hours would probably not suit anyone but me. Most days I get up late and it kind of ruins the day. Also, the medicine I am on makes me feel bad during the day. I start to feel more alert around late afternoon. That would not be good company for most people.
                        Last edited by Virginia; 01-22-2020, 08:30 AM.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                          Hi Howie, crosspost.

                          I have bursitis at my hips and knees. It’s an inflammation of the bursa (sack) around a joint. It only hurts me with pressure. For me, the pressure of the bed especially if I side-sleep. You can also get this at the elbow or shoulder. Read about it and see. I get out of bed (relieve the pressure) and the pain is gone.

                          ANN
                          This is interesting Ann.

                          HOwie, I hope you get relief tonight.
                          Linda~~~~

                          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I went online where anything can be answered. I put it in the search engine to find out the maximum amount of Ibuprofen that could be taken. and I was worried about nothing. I stay under the max dose, so I can stop worrying about it. I should have done that days ago. The Net to the rescue again!!!

                            I've been watching a show on You Tube about a young American white guy that speaks fluent Chinese. He would go into shops like in China Town, and peoples reactions were priceless. They would all tell him his Chinese was great.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #89
                              :) I went to my friends visitation Wednesday night. Mary looks awful. Her face is all sunken in and pale and she is using a rollater. She said she no longer drives as she has macular degeneration. The Catholic deacon did the service part. I did not go to the mass on Thursday.

                              Yesterday Kim and I went to the county fair for about 4 hours. I bought a new flag for the front of the house and some Honey Bee that Andy likes. We ate $4 corn dogs. We took a soda each because they are $4 there. A sandwich is 8 or 10 dollars.

                              We saw a Chinese show with acrobats drums and juggling. Kim has had two back surgeries so when her back hurt we left. We got to my van and it was totally dead, it did not make a sound when you turned the key. I called AAA and the guy came after an hour and said it was not the battery but the starter and he ordered another wrecker to tow us.

                              We waited over another hour and a man parked next to us asked what was wrong and he said starters never go bad on Chryslers. He checked the battery connections and got in and started it the first try. A car had parked too close to get the ramp out so I asked him to back it out far enough to use the ramp.

                              I had been praying because I cannot get up into the wreckers and they will not let you ride in the van. God sent that angel. I drove home via a stop at Publix where Kim went in and I kept the van running. When I shut it off at home it started right up. Thank you Lord.

                              Andy and Torre are going to Ft. Lauderdale tonight as it is their 2nd anniversary of dating. Kim leaves Tuesday morning. I have enjoyed having her. Jeanie :)

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Howie View Post
                                I went online where anything can be answered. I put it in the search engine to find out the maximum amount of Ibuprofen that could be taken. and I was worried about nothing. I stay under the max dose, so I can stop worrying about it. I should have done that days ago. The Net to the rescue again!!!

                                I've been watching a show on You Tube about a young American white guy that speaks fluent Chinese. He would go into shops like in China Town, and peoples reactions were priceless. They would all tell him his Chinese was great.
                                Doesn’t Chinese seem like the hardest language to learn...I suppose along with Japanese and Korean. Etc. the devices that give instant translation are useful when traveling but it is fun using hand gestures and arm waves to point direction and eye contact and smiles....
                                Linda~~~~

                                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X