Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entirely Offtopic: Amazing Facts About and Experiences Of Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Virginia, you're absolutely right. Of course his photo would show up as his avatar--and I failed to notice that. I still haven't found my way around here yet.

    And of course he'd be on that helicopter thing. I think I saw that too and mistook it for a drone.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      [QUOTE=Virginia;n253972 Anyway, I remember thinking he was a nice looking man with a beard.[/QUOTE]

      Now that is a complimentary observation !!!

      I have been surprisingly busy lately; Youngster preparing for tennis matches needs me as a practice dummy, Giant Asian Hornet hunt ongoing (no captures), got the vaccine (one day of low fevers and mild disorientation with 2nd shot), and of course the delightful flights of the helicopter on Mars ! I took the "winter tires" off of three vehicles and realized that wheels and tires have gotten heavier over the years. Oh, yeah...the lawn needs mowing and I turned 63.

      I need to catch up around here...I hope to find that Howie has returned

      regards
      Brian

      *another random thought *

      Comment


      • RandomThought
        RandomThought commented
        Editing a comment
        I see in the April chit chat thread that Howie is back...so, Yay !

      This semi-dormant volcano looms over my hometown in Washington.

      One day many years ago (1974?) my best friend fell into a crevasse in one of its many prominent glaciers. I was shocked when he suddenly disappeared from sight but he was easily rescued. You see, we had been attending a crevasse rescue class: The now fully trained and equipped classmates were still nearby!

      IMG_mount_baker_2_1_DMFUODES_L474171006.jpg
      *another random thought *

      Comment


        That's what I call lucky for your friend. If you're going to fall into a crevasse, be sure to do it in the presence of a crevasse rescue class!

        The photo looks like Mt. Rainier, once known as Mt. Tacoma, or so I've heard. For 28 years I lived very near it but was never on it. My one trip to the Cascades didn't include Mt. Rainier.

        But I could see it really well from the town I lived in and especially from the top floor of the building I was in. Interesting how it totally disappeared on cloudy days.

        People were often having to be rescued up there in the Cascades. And some were lost or brought back dead. Sadly, some of the worst casualties were really experienced climbers.

        Yes, Howie is back, or at least he was. I hope he isn't having more log-in problems.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


        • RandomThought
          RandomThought commented
          Editing a comment
          My photo is a little further north...Mt Baker...but I did start up Mt Rainier once. The party turned back upon reports to winds gusting to 90 mph near the summit.

        Welcome back, Brian, and Happy Birthday!

        Interesting about your reaction to your second CoVID vaccine as my husband also had fever and disorientation - almost out of body reaction to his second Moderna last week. I hadn’t read about that.

        What’s going on in the garden and high tunnel?

        ANN


        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          Brian, (belated?) happy birthday! If you'd reveal the exact date, it might show up on the Calendar, with your permission. I'm not sure just how the Calendar does things here on this new board, and so you might be in for a surprise thread in honor of your birthday, but there are worse things.

          stillstANNding, your post is showing up in green type in this thread but not in the other thread you posted in. I'm not sure why that happened unless you might not have noticed that the setting wasn't what you wanted. Or maybe you did want it green?

          Please bear with me if I'm telling you something you already know: If you look on the top left of the message window, assuming you've chosen that "A" for Toggle Advanced Editor over on the right, you'll see a letter A with a tiny arrow. That is where you can change the color of the font you're using.It's set at "Automatic," which is black, or it should be, unless it's slipped somehow (it happens) and is set to a different color, as I just did here. You can change it back to black by just clicking on the Automatic setting at the top.


          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            I kind of thought Ann was showing off how talented she is on the computer. After all, I would not have known about the Advanced Editor if Agate had not just told me. Now, I will forget it if I ever need to use it.
            Virginia

            Comment


              We're back! Happy dance! Many thanks to the person who did whatever it took to get this place back--and I think that would be Mike Weins.

              Virginia, I just realized today that it's easy to confuse the "A" for Text Color with the "A" for Toggle Advanced Editor.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                Yea, I couldn't get on earlier when I tried. Now, it is 12:45 here in the East and I must hurry off to bed. Bet Ann and Linda and Ikoiko have been in bed for ages.
                Last edited by Virginia; 04-28-2021, 08:49 PM.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  Agate- color for Brian’s birthday. Green for garden. (Smile).

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                    Welcome back, Brian, and Happy Birthday!

                    Interesting about your reaction to your second CoVID vaccine as my husband also had fever and disorientation - almost out of body reaction to his second Moderna last week. I hadn’t read about that.

                    What’s going on in the garden and high tunnel?

                    ANN

                    Thank you for the birthday wishes; I have one every year.

                    We too were surprised by the disorientation, also Moderna, and didn't drive for a couple days. I was more affected than Cathy, who never had a fever, while I spent one day in bed watching netflix (not that I'm complaining!)

                    Even as I type Cathy is out working hard to re-invigorate some decorative plantings and flower beds that have suffered some neglect over the years. Her arthritic condition has let up for now and she is glad to be "back at it". The tulips, daffodils and flowering red currents are lovely this year and I expect they might attract a hornet or two.

                    The high tunnel or hoop-house as we call it is laying fallow this spring. The intention is to get the grounds back in shape and then do a thorough prep on the vegetable garden areas. She plans to return to vegetable production next year. Cathy was mortified when I suggested that maybe I run a rototiller through the hoop-house...
                    So for now the high tunnel is a forlorn and dreary place, hot and dry, full of weeds and storing the cage/food/water-bottle of the now deceased guinea pig ...so we don't have to keep seeing it.



                    geeze...what a gardening bummer I turned out to be !

                    *another random thought *

                    Comment


                      My youngest brother was very affected by Moderna. Could it be that men are just kind of wanting to be petted and taken care of. We women are use to taking care of ourselves. But then maybe we are just the stronger sex to begin with. By the way, this may not apply to Ann because her Peter does everything.
                      Last edited by Virginia; 04-29-2021, 12:39 PM.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by RandomThought View Post


                        The high tunnel or hoop-house as we call it is laying fallow this spring. The intention is to get the grounds back in shape and then do a thorough prep on the vegetable garden areas. She plans to return to vegetable production next year. Cathy was mortified when I suggested that maybe I run a rototiller through the hoop-house...


                        OMG! Screaming, “Charles Dowding! No till gardening!”

                        Sorry about the pig. Was it tasty?

                        ANN

                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                          My youngest brother was very affected by Moderna. Could it be that men are just kind of wanting to be petted and taken care of. We women are use to taking care of ourselves. But then maybe we are just the stronger sex to begin with. By the way, this may not apply to Ann because her Peter does everything.
                          Peter does not like too much attention. He was an only child and got too much of that kind of attention. He was definitely affected by that second vaccine.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            I have been bragging up my side effects. When you have a robust and activated immune system like mine you expect it to jump up and take action when exposed to invaders be they covid virus or vaccine !

                            And Ann, NO! we did not eat our pet upon its demise despite what they may do in south america !

                            *another random thought *

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X