Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entirely Offtopic: Amazing Facts About and Experiences Of Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I once poked an armadillo with a stick to see what it would do...not much by the way.
    *another random thought *

    Comment


      #62
      My wife becomes irritated when I tell people that she knows how to prepare possum as a meal. Even when one wandered through our yard she didn't do it... Sometimes I think she's all talk and no possum stew!
      *another random thought *

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by RandomThought View Post
        I once poked an armadillo with a stick to see what it would do...not much by the way.
        If personal questions were in order here, a person might be inclined to wonder just where you happened on an armadillo.

        It is good to know that I could poke one and get away with it. I had a few pet turtles (very briefly) years ago and a few encounters with tarantulas but have very limited experience with critters otherwise. Not counting snakes--there have been a few of those, including a boa constrictor I got to pet once.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #64
          Turtles and spiders and snakes, oh my...turtles and spiders and snakes, oh my.........
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by agate View Post
            If personal questions were in order here, a person might be inclined to wonder just where you happened on an armadillo.
            If one is looking to poke an armadillo I believe one might look in most any of the southern states. I chose to poke one in Orlando, Florida... just outside a small cemetery, so you might try there.
            *another random thought *

            Comment


              #66
              Somebody on this board reported having a pet tarantula once, or is my memory wrong?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #67
                THis is a fun thread, thanks for starting it Random Thoughts :)

                I raised hens, goats and a couple of pot bellied pigs in the back yard. Hens and goats are incredibly stupid, especially hens, but so much fun to watch. I learned to hate raccoons: They are smart and vicious. The pigs were as smart as or smarter than dogs.
                You shouldn’t eat pigs for that reason. Same with squid/octopus.

                In FLorida we have plenty of armadillos. They carry leprosy. Wash your hands if you touch one. They love to burrow into the lawn looking for insects etc, and leave holes. Luckily, we gave up on having nice grass and just let wild grass grow and mowed that. It looked fine.
                The armadillos move very slowly, and I avoided them due to leprosy.

                My favorite is the Gopher Turtles: They are huge and protected species. We have four that live in our woods. They block the driveway at times. If you pick them up to move them, you should wash your hands as they carry salmonella.

                We do have alligators , plenty of them here. And Bobcats which I see about 5 times per year in the yard. We are surrounded by heavy woods for them to hide in.

                Twice in the past 40 years, a Florida Panther ran across the yard. That was so exciting.

                I love the signs at my docs office: there is a small drainage pond in front of the large building, surrounded by a fence with a sign that says, “Alligators are present in this pond. Be Careful”
                Last edited by Sunshine 2; 12-25-2020, 05:11 AM.

                Comment


                  #68
                  We raised geese for years. They knew us and followed us like puppies. They would come if I called and eat out of my hand or nuzzle into my pockets looking for crumbs. If a stranger arrived they would stretch out their necks and go hissing but, if that stranger simply turned and faced them they would back off. Since most people do not know this about geese the intruder usually runs.

                  My geese once trapped a friend of mine in the entryway to the house as he ran from them seeking shelter! Remembering that still makes me laugh!
                  Linda~~~~

                  Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                  Comment


                    #69
                    A friend and I were riding in the mountains and detoured off to go through a deer sanctuary. I spotted a white deer crossing the road in front of us and we realized it was an albino. Then I looked to my right in a field and there were a number of albino deer.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #70
                      When I first came to MGH forums I had never seen an episode of SpongeBob Squarepants, then for several years I saw every episode (a number of times, including the Movies) and now I haven't seen an episode in many years.

                      The same is true of several other children's shows.

                      I feel like I am growing up...
                      *another random thought *

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Agate, . a TARANTULA! Ewwww....who would have a creepy thing like that, for a pet?
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Possibly Howie? That would be my guess anyway.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #73
                            My lips are sealed, Virginia.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
                              THis is a fun thread, thanks for starting it Random Thoughts :)

                              I raised hens, goats and a couple of pot bellied pigs in the back yard. Hens and goats are incredibly stupid, especially hens, but so much fun to watch. I learned to hate raccoons: They are smart and vicious. The pigs were as smart as or smarter than dogs.
                              You shouldn’t eat pigs for that reason. Same with squid/octopus.

                              In FLorida we have plenty of armadillos. They carry leprosy. Wash your hands if you touch one. They love to burrow into the lawn looking for insects etc, and leave holes. Luckily, we gave up on having nice grass and just let wild grass grow and mowed that. It looked fine.
                              The armadillos move very slowly, and I avoided them due to leprosy.

                              My favorite is the Gopher Turtles: They are huge and protected species. We have four that live in our woods. They block the driveway at times. If you pick them up to move them, you should wash your hands as they carry salmonella.

                              We do have alligators , plenty of them here. And Bobcats which I see about 5 times per year in the yard. We are surrounded by heavy woods for them to hide in.

                              Twice in the past 40 years, a Florida Panther ran across the yard. That was so exciting.

                              I love the signs at my docs office: there is a small drainage pond in front of the large building, surrounded by a fence with a sign that says, “Alligators are present in this pond. Be Careful”
                              That's a fine selection of interesting animals you have :)

                              My brother has a motion activated camera that has produced videos of black bear, mountain lions, and bobcats in his yard. He says he not scared to take the trash out in the dark but I know he's lying...
                              *another random thought *

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I believe it was Howie who had the Tarantula as a pet. I seem to remember it.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X