Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entirely Offtopic: Amazing Facts About and Experiences Of Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cathy and I chose NOT to participate... I like to think the neighbors would appreciate this if only they knew.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    *another random thought *

    Comment


      I am also opting out.

      I wonder if Linda ...

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


      • Lazarus
        Lazarus commented
        Editing a comment
        LInda likes to stay hidden....clothing helps. It

      Clothes serve a practical purpose as a rule. It's a little easier to kneel and dig for long stretches of time if your knees are cushioned in some way though I can understand wearing shorts on a hot day even though the knees would be less comfortable. Naked knees get scratched up easily with whatever surface they're kneeling on.

      I notice that the naked gardeners are told they shouldn't plan to work with thorny stuff like rosebushes and not use power tools. That's quite a few routine gardening activities you can't do unclothed. And they mention the importance of sunblock. Yes, if you're going to get sunburned out there, far more of you is going to be sunburned if you're naked.

      Think of all of the laundry you wouldn't have to do though. And it might be a way to get to know your neighbors better.

      Then again, it might not.

      Glad you posted this, Brian. Things were getting so quiet around here that I was about to try to bring back the times when someone on this board went streaking through. Not mentioning who.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        So...

        it feels like my brain is working less good lately. (including word recall)

        Last night I'm saying, "what's that term for when the ceiling is sloped like this?" (And the term I was looking for was "vaulted".)

        But my youngin pipes up and says, "Y=MX+B where M is the slope and B is the Y intercept." All I can do is laugh and laugh, eventually to say, "Geeze you really are taking a lot of Physics aren't you?"

        Makes me proud and feel dumb at the same time!




        *another random thought *

        Comment


          Brian, I loose words all the time. Unfortunately, I don't have a youngin around to quote Physics at me until I remember what kind of ceiling I am trying to say. I have a vaulted ceiling and sometimes when I am trying to tell someone something about my living room and dining room ceilings being so high I can't think of the word vaulted. I will just memorize this equation and I am sure that will help me. Thank youngin for me.
          Virginia

          Comment


            I have a bad habit of plugging in words that I think might be right even though I'm struggling to find the word I want, and the result is often pretty comically bad. I wonder sometimes how people understand me. In fact, they don't. That's probably my whole problem. I'm misunderstood.

            It's always helpful when someone comes up with an equation.



            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Agate, I plug in the definition. For instance: instead of “medicine cabinet” I will say “the thing in the bathroom with the mirror on it.”

              Brian & Virginia, what is the difference between “vaulted” and “cathedral”? Mine is peaked with skylights. We call it cathedral but maybe we are wrong.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


              • RandomThought
                RandomThought commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG...they are Cathedral ceilings!

                "A vaulted ceiling slopes upward from both sides to form a peak. ... On the other hand, cathedral ceilings are defined by their symmetry: they feature two equal sloping sides that meet at a higher point in the middle and often conform to the shape of the roof."
                Last edited by RandomThought; 05-27-2021, 04:07 PM.

              Ooh! I won something! I am as proud of me as you are of Youngin!

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                Applause for stillstANNding! What did you win?

                I don't think I'd like either type of ceiling. I'd think of dust accumulating up there, and layers of grime, and wonder if I could figure out how to clean it without hiring someone with a ladder. I'd get the bright idea of getting up on a ladder myself with a bucket of some wondrous cleaning agent. I don't really want to think this through any more. It's starting to sound like serious work.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                • Parsi
                  Parsi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I watch the HGTV programs about house hunting and redoing (word?). Quite a few of them are impressed with the vaulted ceiling, but I think not for me. That would be a cleaning nightmare.

                1. Ann wins ! Parts of her brain are most magnificently still in proper operation !

                B. We're supposed to clean our ceilings?
                *another random thought *

                Comment


                  No problem, Agate, because gravity works! More physics! I am so much like Youngin. (Big smile)

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Agate, they have really, really long handle brushes just for that. You would do just fine.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Whee! I'm so glad I can have one of those vaulted ceilings or even one of those cathedral ceilings after all.

                      The air will be very clear.

                      I moved from a place with 7.5-foot ceilings (below the regulation height in most city codes actually) to one with 10-foot ceilings and immediately noticed how much easier it was to breathe with the higher ceilings.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        Hello. You who. Anybody home in here? What’s up on the mini-farm, Brian? How’s the family? And yourself?

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X