Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A really, no really, great jar opener.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Yes, Amazon charges a little over 4 dollars more than ordering it directly from their site.

    Random Thought I remember you too.

    I could use an electric opener, but with limited space, I would prefer a manual can opener.

    Thanks folks
    DAR
    R/R 1993
    Draw close to God and he will draw close to you. - James 4:8

    Comment


      #17
      Take a look at Robo Twist 1014 Automatic Jar Opener As Seem On TV (Pack of 2)…
      Brand: Robo Twist

      Amazon's
      Choice
      for "robot jar opener as seen on tv"

      Rob twist adjusts to any jar size. Just put it on lid, press a button and it will automatically adjust itself to the size of the lid and then open the jar.

      I have one like this that is a large machine...I put the jar on the platform and press a button. It goes to work and opens all jars. I assume this is the same product in a smaller format which I would really like because the product I have takes up too much space! But I wanted to say that the opener John bought for $5 from a store going out of business is a lifesaver.

      I now have trouble opening cans with that tab on top that you simply pull and pull back the lid. Most cans of beans I buy are like this now. But, it is harder and harder to pull that tab and open the can! ( I am strong so I think the flaw is in the machinery that stamps out the cans).
      Last edited by Lazarus; 01-07-2021, 04:51 AM.
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Sunshine 2 View Post
        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Here it is at amazon with a video on how it works. It does look terrific. Pricey.
        Thanks Sunshine. I ordered it and will post my experience with it soon! It is just the type of minimalist design I like.
        Linda
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Virginia View Post
          Howie, how do you open your spaghetti sauce or Sam's cat food?
          Virginia, I haven't made spaghetti in a long time. And Sam doesn't eat canned cat food, she eats MY food. Oven roast white turkey is her favorite. But she also eats dry cat food that comes in a bag.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #20
            ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

            I've had a Hamilton Beach can opener for years, maybe the same one Virginia and agate have, and it works great. I don't have the strength in my hands to use a manual can opener any longer. But, I also understand your space constraints, DAR, as I have a small kitchen. I hope you find something, which will work well for you.

            Love & Light,



            Rose

            *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Howie View Post
              Virginia, I haven't made spaghetti in a long time. And Sam doesn't eat canned cat food, she eats MY food. Oven roast white turkey is her favorite. But she also eats dry cat food that comes in a bag.
              Here I was picturing Sam perking up her ears whenever a can of sliced turkey was opened. I might have known you'd roast turkey up special for her.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #22
                The oven roast white turkey comes sliced and packaged just like bologna, but tastes much better. That's what I ate for dinner tonight, a sandwich with chips and a glass of soy milk.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                  Take a look at Robo Twist 1014 Automatic Jar Opener As Seem On TV (Pack of 2)…
                  Brand: Robo Twist

                  Amazon's
                  Choice
                  for "robot jar opener as seen on tv"
                  Thanks, Linda, I just ordered this one.

                  Will let you know how it works!
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                  Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                    Take a look at Robo Twist 1014 Automatic Jar Opener As Seem On TV (Pack of 2)…
                    Brand: Robo Twist

                    Amazon's
                    Choice
                    for "robot jar opener as seen on tv"

                    Rob twist adjusts to any jar size. Just put it on lid, press a button and it will automatically adjust itself to the size of the lid and then open the jar.

                    I have one like this that is a large machine...I put the jar on the platform and press a button. It goes to work and opens all jars. I assume this is the same product in a smaller format which I would really like because the product I have takes up too much space! But I wanted to say that the opener John bought for $5 from a store going out of business is a lifesaver.

                    I now have trouble opening cans with that tab on top that you simply pull and pull back the lid. Most cans of beans I buy are like this now. But, it is harder and harder to pull that tab and open the can! ( I am strong so I think the flaw is in the machinery that stamps out the cans).
                    It is a flaw in the design. I stopped buying them whenever possible, because many of them have recessed tops, so if the tab breaks, a can opener will not open them. I believe it is the GOYA brand, unsure. But I stopped buying GOYA when I learned they were big supporters of the Dear Leader.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I had been blaming myself for being unable to open the cans with the tabs. Now I see it is not me, necessarily.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I got the original can opener mentioned in this thread...thanks random thoughts! It works. I will keep testing!
                        Linda~~~~

                        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I'm giving this a lot of thought. I already have the Oxo Good Grips, which is similar but without the knob on top and without the adjustable clamps. The Kuhn Rikon jar opener looks far better but the Oxo one often bails me out.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by agate View Post
                            I'm giving this a lot of thought. I already have the Oxo Good Grips, which is similar but without the knob on top and without the adjustable clamps. The Kuhn Rikon jar opener looks far better but the Oxo one often bails me out.
                            I bought it and found it a good tool but....I was thinking.....you might have to have hand ability enough to use it. Turning the knob on top and then moving the long handle counter clockwise to open the jar. If hands are a major problem....the robo jar opener might work best. Who woulda thunk it! We are old enough to be searching for jar openers.
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              #29
                              If my credit card comes as promised on Monday the first thing I will do with it is get back on Amazon and order a jar opener. This is something I have needed for a long time, so I appreciate all the input. Anyone with more info please post by Monday.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                                If my credit card comes as promised on Monday the first thing I will do with it is get back on Amazon and order a jar opener. This is something I have needed for a long time, so I appreciate all the input. Anyone with more info please post by Monday.
                                Virginia, there may be a way to use the credit card even though it hasn't arrived yet. I recall having this problem a while back and asking the credit card people if that was possible, and it was--but I can't remember how it was done. Maybe they gave me the card number and allowed me to enter it for purchases?
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X